Can't log into the Icloud

14 posts in this topic

So I'm running DP3.  My BCM57781 is not yet supported and I only have wifi.  WiFi is configured as EN0, BuiltIn is true, and I used a MacBookAir SMBIOS definition.. but nothing I have tried allows me to login into the AppStore. not sure what else to try. tried to delete the plists, readd the devices.. but since my built in LAN is not recognized, Wifi defauls to EN0.. I assume that is the cause of issue.

Any workarounds?

Thanks.

So I'm running DP3.  My BCM57781 is not yet supported and I only have wifi.  WiFi is configured as EN0, BuiltIn is true, and I used a MacBookAir SMBIOS definition.. but nothing I have tried allows me to login into the AppStore. not sure what else to try. tried to delete the plists, readd the devices.. but since my built in LAN is not recognized, Wifi defauls to EN0.. I assume that is the cause of issue.

Any workarounds?

Thanks.

Correct Profile (smbios.plist) + Chameleon-2.1svn r1650 (& up) + Ethernet Built-in (en0 interface)

Correct Profile (smbios.plist) + Chameleon-2.1svn r1650 (& up) + Ethernet Built-in (en0 interface)

Not sure what you mean.

I've tried MBA, Mac Pro, and MM profiles.  Using Chameleon-2.2svn 2254 and the WiFi adapter is EN0 (again, my built in LAN driver (broadcom BCM57781) is not yet supported.

Buddy, blieve me it's not that hard. Just do the following:

1-Download Chameleon Wizard

2-Click on the SMBios tab

3-Click edit (If you don't have a org.chameleon.Boot.plist in Extra folder, just create one using this app)

4-Choose one of premade SMBioses (MacPro4,1 works for me by the way)

5-Save the current configuration

6-Restart your computer and boom

There is a chance that it may not work at the first time then you should randomly chance some of the variables there.

I don't have a laptop.  I have a desktiop.  AsrockZ77e-ITX.  Under Mountain Lion, there is a driver for the network LAN card (Broadcom BCM57781).. it has not been updated for Mavericks, so I'm forced to use the WiFi.  I've seen other posts saying that th LAN card needs to be EN0 for it to work (there must be some other check Icloud does on non-laptops).  Setting a UUID, changing the SMBIOS (i've tried all kinds), and forcing EthernetBuiltIn does not work.

have you seen this post 

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/290155-broadcom-ethernet-bcm57781-kext-needed-for-109-dp2/

what is exactly the name of your laptop 

Yes, I've replied in that thread.. the Kext does not work for me, for some reason.. it won't load (unresolved library problems).

Will look at the guide but I can log on iCloud but can't on iMessage or Twitter (and on this one even using the App).

Will look at the guide but I can log on iCloud but can't on iMessage or Twitter (and on this one even using the App).

I've had no trouble (using either Mac Pro or iMac profiles); this is also a desktop (ASUS P5G41M-LX2/GB).  No wireless at all - wired gigabit (RTL8111D) requires a third-party kext (using Slice's excellent 3.02 kext in both ML and Mavericks); I even have IPv6 support (router is Netgear WNDR3700 v4).