Disabling Optimus leads to no Turbo P-States on Ivy Bridge Processor

FelipeZé

9 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm needing some help, so, I did a Patch in my DSDT to power off my nvidia card (Optimus) as I can't use it and it worked, card has been successfully powered off, BUT, the patch  also disabled the turbo states of my processor :/ , I have a Dell Xps14 l421x, 3517U Mobile processor with gt630M, the patch I did to disable optimus card and get more battery and less heat was to copy the function \_SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP._OFF () from my SSDT to my DSDT and call it in the _INI and _WAK methods...

I attached my patched DSDT and SSDT and also the untouched DSDT.

I use clover bootloader in legacy bios.

I need my turbo p-states back, when I log in without the patch to disable the nvidia they work... I'ld appreciate any help.
thx

SSDT4.aml.zip

DSDT_PATCHED.dsl.zip

DSDT.dsl.zip

boot.log.zip

• Like 1

Hi Felipez,

Could you check under system properties, if the card is still found under display devices? Asking this, because i see only the method on and off added, does this work? 

Edit: 

Added the information from the SSDT, added method PINI to call the OFF and PS3 method, it's called from _WAK, and method _INI under PEGP.

Applied the default Ivy bridge patches, the HDEF has been added again, and the Intel HD4000 patch has been applied. The aapl,ig-platform-id has been set to 4. 

Rename the DSDT to DSDT_2.aml or something, when clover loads, go to options > dsdt, and change DSDT.aml to DSDT_2.aml. Just in case when the aapl,ig-platform-id is incorrect.

If the problem still persists after this, could you upload the clover config.plist? 

DSDT_Felipez.aml.zip

I was aiming at the 630m, it's not there, strange, ah well, i have edited the previous post.

Man, I don't know how to thank you!!! it fu**** worked *-* and my system is running even cooler than before!!!

I don't understand y my solution was not working though, maybe because I patched the scope? Also on my solution I always had to put off the loop in the _OFF method, it used to cause infinite loop and in ur solution it is working... I'll now just ajust some settings, I patched my system to use ig-platform-id 9 since I felt it was right cause 4 has only 32mb and my hd4000 has 64... I'll just throw some more mods into that DSDT u gave me and my system will work wonderfully *-* just one more thing, do u know how i set-up dsdt for my computer to sleep on lid close?? it awakes when i open it but never sleep when i close...

I think it was because the method PS0, PS3, and ROM where missing in the previous DSDT, and like you stated yourself, the method/'s where not called right 

Normally when the DSDT is patched for the backlight, it should go to sleep, not sure about that. Like i said, i have applied the default patches, so that issue should be gone by now.

Unfortunatelly it is not gone, I still can't go to sleep on lid close, I'll continue searching a solution for that, it's the only thing left that is not working, all the rest is working wonderfully, it can only get better if somehow someone manage to make optimus working on os x hackbooks :P

• 4 months later...

I got the same problem. But I could not turn off optimus via DSDT because there is no _ON/_OFF method in my SSDTs. And if I turn optimus off in BIOS, there is  turbo states only before sleep.

Any suggestion?

To get suggestions, it is neccassary, that you put your hardware in your signature like many others have done it. And it is also not a bad idea to extract with Aida64 on Win all ssdt and the dsdt table and upload them here in a post.

Have fun.