Can't get passed boot Haswell Z87-HD3 4770k and GTX 770 Mavericks Hackintosh

blipotech

15 posts in this topic

I used two methods of installing Mavericks on my main system:

This pkg installer from osx86 ---->http://www.osx86.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=3963

and

myHack

Unfortunately I am having some compatibility issues. I have successfully used the pkg installer from both myHack and osx86 on my Macbook Air to create a bootable Mavericks USB Stick to load OS X on my current build (Specs from dxdiag below). Here are the errors I am running into:

When booting with HDMI Plugged into PCIe (GTX 770)

-Hangs at [PCI Configuration Begin]

When booting with HDMI Plugged into IGFX (Integrated graphics)

-Passes [PCI Configuration Begin]

-Hangs at Bluetooth Module 

-Shutsdown/Reboots at CPU halted

-And lastly loops with a disk0s2 error

I have tried booting with the following arguments:

-x -v -f 

GraphicsEnabler=No 

GraphicsEnabler=Yes

npci=0x3000

npci=0x2000

PCIRootUID=0

PRIRootUID=1

cpus=1

Here are specs directly from my DXDIAG 

System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.

System Model: Z87-HD3

BIOS: BIOS Date: 05/16/13 20:46:38 Ver: 04.06.05

Processor: Intel® Core i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.5GHz

Memory: 8192MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 2970MB RAM

Page File: 1702MB used, 4235MB available

---------------

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Chip type: GeForce GTX 770

DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1184&SUBSYS_27743842&REV_A1

Display Memory: 3223 MB

Dedicated Memory: 1994 MB

Shared Memory: 1228 MB

Current Mode: 1280 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Are these compatibility issues due to missing kexts? 

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Hi blipotech

Troy here - have you tried adding your custom DSDT.aml file on to your usb flash drive - that should help overcome the hanging at the PCI Configuration line :)

Use DSDTSE to help create your custom DSDT.aml file on your computer

Hopefully should get you up and running then

Cheers from Troy

Hi blipotech

Troy here - have you tried adding your custom DSDT.aml file on to your usb flash drive - that should help overcome the hanging at the PCI Configuration line :)

Use DSDTSE to help create your custom DSDT.aml file on your computer

Hopefully should get you up and running then

Cheers from Troy

Thanks for the info Kucksy! Although I do not know how to get the proper information for my DSDT.aml file if I cannot boot to installation. Perhaps i am misunderstanding but i figure it will not be able to get an accurate description of my hackintosh system hardware it would instead be collecting info from my MB Air which I am using to extract it. How should I go about this ?

In your case, you must get your DSDT either from Windows or a Linux boot disk. I you haven't installed Windows on this new machine then I would think the Linux boot disk would be easier. There are plenty of post about this here on the forum. Just do a search and you will find instructions.

Good luck! 

P.S. I just received my new z87-ud3h and 4770k today so I'll let you know if I get mine booted.

In your case, you must get your DSDT either from Windows or a Linux boot disk. I you haven't installed Windows on this new machine then I would think the Linux boot disk would be easier. There are plenty of post about this here on the forum. Just do a search and you will find instructions.

Good luck! 

P.S. I just received my new z87-ud3h and 4770k today so I'll let you know if I get mine booted.

Unfortunately I already have Windows 7 installed but I will extract DSDT in Windows with Aida64 then send it over to my bootable USB. 

But thats excellent news! Let me know if you get OS X up and running and if so, what method you use. 

Also what graphics card and display type are you using if you don't mind me asking :?

Ok Up and running on 10.9. Must say i'm pretty impressed. Only kext are Fakesmc and Voodoohda. Everything works but built in ethernet. Working on that now. Graphics card is GTX 560, works with GraphicsEnabler=Yes.  :)

• Like 1

Congrats! I've got it up and running aswell! Well, kind of haha... Unfortunately the only sure way to get into boot on both the hd and my boot drive is by booting with -x -v -f GraphicsEnabler=No any clues on a fix for this ? 

Also, I am getting an occasional blank gray screen when log in or installer should be coming up  

Any ideas would be much appreciated!

What system Build are you using in you Smbios.plist(i.e. MacPro5,1 MacBookAir6,2)? Also did you delete AppleTYMceDriver.kext? And one last thing it would be helpful to know your BIOS settings and if you could run a BDMESG from terminal.

Ok, so there is no Smbios.plist located in my /Extra folder, however under my 'About This Mac' info it is listed as MacPro3,1.

The aforementioned AppleTYMceDriver.kext is located in /Extra/RemovedExtensions so im assuming it is not being used.

And attached is the BDMESG from Chameleon Wizard. 

Also have you got your ethernet up and running?

BDMESG.rtf

***UPDATE*** 

Day 1

Okay so, Ive got it up and running. Turns out the only .pkg type of installer that worked for me was myHack 

I am now successfully booting into safe mode and these parameters: -v -x GraphicsEnabler=No 

Thus far sound and ethernet are functioning as intended, but graphics are glitchy and full acceleration is not implemented.

Day 2 

I can now successfully boot into 10.9 DP2 without Safe Boot but graphics are still glitchy. I attempted to use Pandoras Box Post Installation Utility to fix the Safe Boot and Graphics issue, but it did not provide a solution. I would either get Kernel Panics  

or

hangs at: 

**** [IOBluetoothHCIController][SearchForTransportEventTimeOutHandler] -- Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport!

I noticed that I wasn't having these issues when booting from my myHack USB Drive so, I resolved this by:

1. Booting into safe mode with -v -f GraphicsEnabler=No 

2. Deleting all of the kext files located at /System/Library/Extensions on Hard Drive 

3. Copying all kexts from myHack USB/System/Library/Extensions 

4. Pasting them back into  /System/Library/Extensions on Hard Drive 

5. Reboot

BAM! My issue was resolved I am now able to boot successfully with the parameters: -v GraphicsEnabler=Yes 

Note: I did have to reinstall VoodooHDA and Ethernet Drivers to get sound and internet back up.

The only issue I am having now are with full graphics acceleration. I tried for the second time to use Pandora's Box to fix the Graphics Issues with the ATY_Init.kext now that I'm booting without safe boot but for the second time Pandora's Box did not provide the solution. I am using the nVidia GTX 770 and just can't seem to get full graphics acceleration, any ideas?

hello

that way never work good.. the system/library/extensions from the installer.. is not the same kext installed in DP2 after install conclusion..

what it gona be installed in the hd is in several .pkg in /packages

good hack

hello

that installation is a mess...

i'm sure is not DP1

and u should use a proper smbios.. for u cpu.. for now only macbook.. have that kind of cpu...

is not a easy install.. must read and google for and must have a lot of persistency.. rsrsrsrs

good hack

I'm on DP2. the smbios is no longer an issue I am using 5,1 from chameleon wizard and it is working fine. Installation is not an issue either, as I am able to boot without safe mode. Enabling QE/CI is the main issue I am running into. For example videos, youtube works but with a screen flickering glitch and opening launchpad shows lines before the apps come up instead of a smooth animation. Also, I am not sure what you're getting at regarding the installation could you clarify please. I appreciate the replies!

So I've reinstalled and back on DP1 and still having the same glitchy graphics issues attempted for the 3rd time to use Pandora's Box patches for graphics issues with no avail. 

CONFIRMED: there is no full graphics QE/CI support in OS X Mavericks 10.9 both DP1 and DP2 for the GTX 770 2GB on Haswell Hackintosh builds.  -_-

However, all other aspects of both DP1 and DP2 including Booting with the following parameters (-v GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1), Ethernet (Realtek RTL8111 Drivers), HDMI audio, and built-in audio input/output(VoodooHDA 2.4.8) are functioning as intended. So, it's great for everyday type of computing, but unfortunately for those who wish to be graphically productive in CS6, CS5.5 etc. with a similar build should stick to a Mac Pro, Macbook Pro, or a Hackintosh with more compatible graphics cards  (like the GTX 550, 550ti and lower).