UEFI Boot problem + Clover

quake

8 posts in this topic

Here is what I have running 1.8.4 UEFI

GA-H77M-D3H

i3 3220

Nvidia 8500 GT

4 GB Ram

I have this working pretty much perfect, so I really don't want to mess anything up. My problem is with Clover. I can only boot with the USB. I have tried to install Clover to the HD but that didn't work. This happened before and I tried to use chameleon, but it stalled the boot at loading the kernel.

Anyone have any ideas on how I can get this to work?

This is what worked on my mother:

Install Clover:

3ndt.jpg

It installs a hidden partition

To see:

Open console:

diskutil list

mkdir /Volumes/efi

sudo mount -t msdos /dev/disXsY

l45j.jpg

You customize, edit as necessary (Add DSDT, add kexts, edit your config.plist etc)

Sorry my bad english - Traductor Google

Thanks. That worked for me. I tried a few different options, but the final result was always an error loading the kernel. I have a Samsung 840Pro SSD coming this week and I want to get this setup ready to clone over. That should just about do it. Everything working except for the Intel HD4000 being a huge PITA, the Geforce 8500 is working quite well.

Well, now that the boot problem has been fixed, since doing that, my sound has took a dump (no device detected) so I reinstalled the AppleHDA kext for my VT2021 and nothing. Also any youtube videos I watch will stop periodically. Would clover have installed some conflicting kexts?

I just plugged in another HDD and did a fresh install, updated to 10.8.4 with everything working. I installed clover with the bare minimum. Restarted and had broken sound and video. For some reason, every time install clover to the hard drive, it breaks the sound and video.

hello

to the sound

http://www.osx86.net/view/3917-ga-z77x-ud3h_vt2021_audio.html

about the loader .. it don't install anything u have donne to do.. is bad config.plist

read about it in .. clover instructions

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/282787-clover-v2-instructions/

good hack