Messages Not Logging in

golephish

14 posts in this topic

No go here. Latest Chameleon and lnx2mac Realtek NIC driver, no wireless devices.

I thought it was working at from first boot, then I restored my user and it's not working.  Might try a completely fresh install and not restore anything to see if it makes a difference.

Works fine with Chameleon and Clover.

In Chameleon make shure to install the NVRam Module (easiest way is to use Chameleon Wizard which also delivers an Mavericks enabled Version of Chameleon)

Chameleon from rev 2245 support also the Mavericks boot I know because I personally commit the changes

You guys don't need waste you time finding a patched version... Is already in the main Chameleon code

You can download the binaries and installer here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/59-chameleon-22-svn/

Back in topic.

You can fix your iMessage problem coping the FileNVRAM.dylib module in Extra/modules (if you use chameleon)

Or install Clover.

ErmaC

• Like 1

Chameleon from rev 2245 support also the Mavericks boot I know because I personally commit the changes

Back in topic.

You can fix your iMessage problem coping the FileNVRAM.dylib module in Extra/modules (if you use chameleon)

I've got Chameleon r2246 installed here with the FlieNVRAM.dylib module but iMessages and App Store are having problems.

bdmesg:

Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,3)/Extra/modules/FileNVRAM.dylib] 56136 bytes.
Module 'FileNVRAM.dylib' by 'Unknown' Loaded.
        Description: 
        Version: 0
        Compat:  0

So the module is being loaded.

I suspect my problem is that the /Extra/nvram..plist file that is being read is from my 10.8.4 install as this is the drive that Chameleon is installed on and 10.9 is installed on a different drive.

I'll try installing Chameleon on the same drive as 10.9 and booting the system from that drive to see if it makes any difference.

Looking at the bdmesg log it seems that Chameleon reads org.chameleon.Boot.plist and DSDT.aml from both the boot drive and from the 10.9 drive (I copied /Extra from 10.8.4 install to 10.9 install)

Update:

I removed /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist rebooted and then added my network interface in System Preferences.  iMessages and App Store are now logging in.

Looking back through my Terminal scroll back it seems at some stage my network interface changed from en0 to en1, and there was no en0.  It seems this is the cause of the failure.  So, make sure you have an en0 interface configured.

Also see this post

• 3 weeks later...

With clover make sure your Board ID is 17 digits long, I have been fighting with iMessages the last week, and finely found (this post #15) mentioning CPUid strings being 17 vs 18 digits long so I checked and modified my board ID (stolen from my MacBook Pro) and it signed right in.

Now everything on my desktop works like a charm except calling itself a MacBook Pro but power management always worked and the rest is cosmetic.

can't wait for my new build to arrive...