athlon system - hackintosh compatible?

bearhugger

10 posts in this topic

Hi!

I'm new to hackintoshing.

I have the following system and I'm a bit confused by all the guides and compatibility issues. Will my system be hackintoshable?

Motherboard - ASUS M5A78L-M LX V2

CPU - AMD Athlon II X2 270

GPU - ATI Radeon HD 5450

If yes, which guides and software should I use?

Thanks!

Hi!

@theconnactic -

Really? That's great! Have you tried this out? Wait, your signature has : iHack HTPC (iMac12,2): ECS A780 LM-M2 mobo - AMD Athlon II X2 250 3.0 GHz - 8GB Kingston 1333 MHz DDR3 - Sapphire HD 5450 Silent 1024 MB DDR3 - Realtek 8168 and 8105E (onboard) Ethernet - 40 GB PATA (Win8 Pro), 500 GB SATA (OSX 10.8.3) and 500 GB (Time machine for all hacks: the others access it wirelessly)

This is similar to mine, right?

Would 10.8.3 work? If not, why?

I finished both quizzes. Do you have any pre-written guides I should read, or should I just ask for help directly?

Thanks!

• Like 1

It works, and if your card is the silent model (device ID 0x68F91002), you'll have even QE/CI, which is a problem of AMD machines with the current Mountain Lion kernel for 10.8.3. I recommend Lion 10.7.5, because it's the most stable OSX iteration for AMD computers, the kernel is stable and fully developed and the resultant setup could even be used reliably for serious work, once completed. I use my computer as a HTPC (for home entertainment, not for work), and all games and movies and animations work just as it should, but the graphics everywhere else are somewhat glitchy, specially with browsers. But if you want to try Mountain Lion and anyway, you can call yourself lucky, because your card - if it's the silent model - is the one which works best with the current Mountain Lion AMD kernel.

Ask help in the topic i pointed you. Good luck!

All the best!

Hi!

Yes, it's the silent oDB cooling one from AMD direct. So, then would 10.8.3 work fine for internet and multimedia purposes? I don't need it for gaming.

I'm new here, so why is 10.7.5 more AMD compatible than 10.8.3? What changed specifically?

However, I'm fine with 10.7.5 if it's easier to setup and more stable than 10.8.3. It would save me time and headaches.

Thanks!

Yes, 10.7.5 is far more stable then 10.8.3 for AMD machines. In fact, it's more stable than windows if correctly set up. The difference is that the 10.7.5 kernel can be booted in 32-bit mode (but don't worry, it will run 64-bit apps and processes). Mountain Lion, on the other hand, runs strictly 64-bit kernel-wise, and the 64-bit kernel mode is what precisely gives graphics woes for AMD OSX hacks.

Hi!

Okay. Just to clarify, these graphic woes exist even with the silent 5450?

Alright then, I'll get to Hackintoshing soon ( probably next week, I'm a bit busy this week ). I'll ask around on the topic you told me too. And if I need any additional help, can I PM you?

Thanks!

• 7 years later...

Hey @bearhugger 

if you were able to install os x in your pc plz do share the link of files and ifposssible, the process of doing it.

and @theconnactic plz could you guide me  if my pc is "hackintoshable"?

amd athlon II x2 270 

gigabyte GA 78LMT S2

4 gigs of ram 

graphics: ati Radeon 3000
I am new to it. So, plzz guide me accordingly , thanks in advance