Updated to OSX 10.8.3 on fresh ML install - will not BOOT

12 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I have a MSI Z77A-G43 motherboard with an ATI Radeon 7950 video card.

I installed a fresh copy of Mountain Lion and was able to boot into it with GraphicsEnabler=no.

I then updated with 10.8.3 Combo update and restarted. I was never able to boot back into it and safe mode does not work either. I also tried PCIRootUID=0 and 1 - still cannot boot.

The last few lines of the verbose say:

AMDTahitiGraphicsAccelerator: ** Device in slot: SLOT--1 **

Please help what should I do?

Please help guys...what do I do next?

Try booting your system with your copy of OSX so you can get to terminal and enter these commands it might help you get to the home screen and install the proper kexts....

cd /Volumes/(Name of your partition) Default is Untitled....

mkdir kext_backup

cd /Volumes/(Your PArtition Name)/System/Library/Extensions

mv AppleIntelHD* AppleIntelSNB* ATI* GeForce* /Volumes/(your partition)/kext_backup

reboot try using the flags GraphicsEnabler=No -v -x

hello

google is u friend ...

have u access a windows ? if u have it , use transmac to access u hd and delete the kext

about the use mac terminal is ton of info in the net about the commands.. unless u have minor problem and do again a install of mac OS X...

anyway my advice to u when u boot.. make a clone copy in another partition of u hd.. use carbon copy cloner to do it of u mac os x system.. and have a working partition .. if any problem .. like this one.. boot from the another and solved what is wrong.. minor problem .. new install .. no solution

good hack

Try booting your system with your copy of OSX so you can get to terminal and enter these commands it might help you get to the home screen and install the proper kexts....

mkdir kext_backup

mv AppleIntelHD* AppleIntelSNB* ATI* GeForce* /Volumes/(your partition)/kext_backup

mkdir kext_backup

I followed this correctly using Terminal from the Installation screen. I am now able to boot but screen resolution is very low like its in safe mode. Please let me know how I proceed.

This is the process:

1. Updated to OSX 10.8.3

2. Removed ATI kexts from /System/Library/Extensions

3. Booted into OSX 10.8.3 using GraphicsEnabler=No, -x

4. Installed ATI7000Controller.kext back and repaired permissions. Rebooted with GraphicsEnabler=No -v

The last few lines of the verbose say:

AMDTahitiGraphicsAccelerator: ** Device in slot: SLOT--1 *

Still cannot boot into OSX 10.8.3...