Kernel Panic Precisely After 4 Days.

pet1

8 posts in this topic

I've been getting this kernel panic for about 6 months or so. This happens only after my computer has been on just around 4 days. Could be just under or just over. It behaves just fine. Sleep and daily usage etc.. Sorry for the blurry pictures. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

post-3089-0-95691700-1363963022_thumb.jpg

post-3089-0-44048500-1363963038_thumb.jpg

Hey pet1,

I would highly suggest either taking better pictures or typing out the kernel panic - that first image has important numbers that are too blurry to read. That panic call line is the most important and is the most difficult to read...

Maybe try and catch it again/decipher it for us?

Thanks for the prompt reply. The caller is 0xffffff8000020e234 "zalloc: \"buf.8192\ " (2995 elements) retry fail 3, kfree_map_count : 0"@/SourceCache/xnu-1504.15.3/osfmk/kern/zalloc.c:992

Is process responsible always quicklookd? Were you previewing any files without opening them via spacebar, using coverflow view in Finder, or spotlight's preview when this happened? Only occur with 10.6.8 or also 10.6.7?

Nope. I shut mine down completely every night. Shut down the computer, then power off the power strip to shutdown monitors and external drives.