3 posts in this topic

Hello,

I am new hackintosher,

After following a few tutorials, guides, google and trial and error i managed to install 10.6.3 and update it to 10.6.7 via iAtkos method perfectly functional(i tried the guide here but didnt work for me) now when i try to update to 10.6.8 and i restart computer boots and runs extremely slow and now usb but 10.6.7 is fully stable hackintoshed about 10 times using multiple methods but result is always the same any help would be appreciated my system specs and methods i have tried below

Specs

Dell Optiplex gx620

Intel pentium d 3.4 ghz processor

3gb memory

500gb sata(use for mac) and 80gb sata

gma950 2772 device id integrated graphics

Wmp54gs wlan card(airport) 10.6.3 but 10.6.8 doesnt take even after reinstalling old kext)

Methods

Iatkos s3

Nawcom boot cd(##### legacy wont boot my computer keeps restarting) w/ myhack 1.1

Please help no kp only a slow machine i have all kext files that make it work just very slow and no usb

Hi!

Do as Cerastez advised: It's the safest and wisest choice.

But as a side note, and if you are willing to try, your CPU+GPU can work just fine with one of Bronzovka's latest Lion kernels for AMD. People tend to overlook it, since it's poorly advertised, but these kernels work wonderfully on legacy Intel CPUs such as the Pentium D. There's no tested guide for your machine under Lion, but if you manage to set it up properly using the resources available in the AMD development section, your reward will be running 10.7.5 with your machine, with the possibility of getting modern features such as iCloud (if you have access to a Mac or vanilla Intel hack to set it up, but then it's another battle). Cool, isn't it?

All the best!