Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

How to install Chameleon manually (v 2 and v 1) ( I tried All steps..........

8 posts in this topic

hey Everyone,

I'm very new to MAC. But Learning. I donwnloaded the new version of Chameleon.

The above post was great by c0rk007hck, I followed the instructions and I was able to exit on the terminal. And after restarting the Desktop it did boot up and I saw like a logo and then restarted again and it is keep happening.

The step I didnt take is where exactly I would copy the "theme folder and smbios.plist. Because I dont have "extra" folder. So Where should I copy this now( Should I make the folder my self but then where would I put that folder?) Where do I find Kexts that I would be putting in Extra/EXTENSIONS. PLEASE REMEMBER THAT I DONT HAVE ANY EXTRA FOLDER BUT I DO HAVE EXTENSIONS FOLDER IN SYSTEM/LIBRARY. DO you think this Where I will be putting kexts but which one or from where , is it from the Chameleon folder? I have Snow Leopard 10.6.3.

This Step: Was not able to do because not having the Extra folder..........-----------------------------------------------------------

For Chameleon 2.0 only

10. Copy Themes and smbios.plist to your Extra folder.

You can some themes in this forum, as well some smbios files.

11. Finally add any kexts you wish to /Extra/Extensions folder like you usually would.

I dont seem to find it any where. Any Help Please

Thank You

Edited by Gringo Vermelho
Don't crosspost. Other, identical post deleted.

Thank You for Reply....

Ok, Mine dosent.......Now I downloaded the newest Chameleon , Do you think that the the problem. Which Chameleon I should be downloading then? because the Files and folder you have in Extra, I dont think I have anything like this.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By cvad
      Boot Disk Utility
      v2.1.2018 rev. 023b
      © cVad 2012-2018
      Latest update is always here.
      You can
      Make bootable USB Flash Disk for macOS with Latest Clover bootloader revision
      Download(with resuming) Latest! Apple Recovery HD package,
      Extract HFS-Image and Restore it with BDU.
      Automatically Check/Download the Latest Clover Rev.
      and Use existing Zip and LZMA Clover archives from Local Repository,
      Download files from User Download List
      and BDU Additional Download List,
      build FreeDos bootable drive
      with Volkov Commander.
      Feel free to click "like"

- Make bootable USB Flash Disk for MAC OS X with Latest Clover bootloader revision fast and easy by one click! under OS Windows 7 and later.
      Not supported  WinPE and Wine. -
      Special utility from cvad & russian MAC community for new hackintosh users.

BootDisk Utility is intended to make a external bootable USB Flash Disk by installing to it special Data set (MBR, PBR sectors and Data files) of EFI-based Clover bootloader (and may be Chameleon bootloader).
      BDU was created for new hackintosh users to simplify the installation
      of a EFI bootloader Clover to the flash drive.
      More information can be found in the appropriate forum topic:
      - Clover General discussion -
      Feel free to click "like"

• By giacomo.dessi2303
      Salve a tutti, ho un problema all'avvio di mac os che ho già provato a risolvere con foskvs ma senza risultati..
      Attualmente come smbios uso MacBookPro 12,1 (portatile in firma) mentre se uso imac 14,1 questo problema non si presenta.
      Dite che posso tenere iMac 14,1 magari rigenerando l'ssdt per il pm?
    • By ErmaC
      Latest revision of my Chameleon bootloader branch.
      Not able to boot AFPS yet....
      Please don't upload it on other servers and don't repack it, thank you.
      - Installer PKG
      - Binaries format (Manual install)
      Please don't upload it on other servers and don't repack it, thank you.
      Chameleon bootloader credits goes to Chameleon Team http://forum.voodooprojects.org
      Changelog: http://forge.voodoop...e/changes/HEAD/
      This revision of Enoch contain the upcoming FileNVRAM revision 1.1.5 (RC8)
      Credits to Micky1979
      Language Translation:

For on-line Chameleon language package resource edit
      >> Pootle
      Pls translate/complete it.
      Link here on InsanelyMac (Italian only): Enoch Bootloader
    • By MateusPT
      Hi there.
      Soo i was trying install mac at 4 days ago and finnaly today i can. I installed the Leopard and all works fin except the keyboard and ps2 mouse. And then i try a lot to put a .kext with transmac on windows xp cause im dual booting it.When i try to use Transmac i have the error"This drive is read only".
      Who i fix this?! This is my first question!
      The second i think is more hard. I have a Amilo Pro V3505 with 2gb ram and Intel GMA 945, a Intel Pentium T2130 idk the motherboard i aleardy try find the name but i couldnt with a Atheros ar5007eg wirless adapter.
      So i instal iAtkos S3 v2 but when i was booting(after installing) it he boots and starts make the sound of the animation video of snow leopard but THE SCREEN WAS GREY WITHOUT THE APPLE LOGO AND WITHOUT THE MOUSE JUST A GREY SCREEM.
      Well i try much flags but when i try GraphicsEnabler=No while the booting appears i recuve the message "you need to restart the computer" and i restart and gives again the same error.
      I think is some missing kext graphical but i cant add/remove kexts cause transmac give error!
      Thanks in advanced!
    • By ITzTravelInTime
      Hi guys, this thread is to show you a new and open source app, created by me, that I called TINU:
      The name means: TINU Is Not #####, the U refers to a popular software that is used to create Mac OS hackintosh installers (that for good reasons is banned on this forum), but the aim of the name is to explain that this app is a totally different thing from that software and works in a totally different way.
      This app basically is a graphical interface for the createinstallmedia executable that is inside the Mac OS installer apps, it is capable to create a Mac OS installer on a drive completely vanilla like what you do using the command line method, and also this method is recommended by apple itself.
      Allows you to create easily a macOS install media without messing around with command line stuff and without using disk utility, all you need to do is use the app and then install clover on the usb drive once TINU has finished or leave it as is you want to use it on a Mac.
        - Simple to use UI that allows you to easily start the macOS install media creation process   - It can work with every Mac OS installer app that has the createinstallmedia executable inside of it's resources folder (including also beta and newly released installers)   - You can use any drive or partition you want that can be erased and is at least 7 GB of size   - Works on Mac OS recovery, so you can create a macOS install media from a bootable macOS installer or from the macOs recovery   - All vanilla, the macOS install medias created with this tool are 100% vanilla, just like you created them using the command line "createinstallmedia" method   - Open source, you will know what this program does on your computer and also you can create your own version by downloading and playing with the source code   - Does not requires to do anything of special first, just open the program   - No need to go in disk utility first, TINU can format your drive for you   - Uses recent and more modern APIs and SDKs and Swift 3 language   - Transparent graphics style available (use alt + s on the keyboard or View->Use transparent style)   - Works using the latest versions of macOS and will also support newer Mac installers out of the box without needing for an update    Features that I'd like to add in the future:    - Advanced section, to customize your macOS install media   - Installer customization: Kernelcache/prelinkedknerel and boot files replacement (a feature that can be handy while dealing with old Macs or with beta installers when you need to mod or change the boot files some times)   - Install clover and configure clover   - Install kexts inside the kexts folder of clover   - Clover drivers customization   - Use custom dsdt in clover   - integrated pre-made clover config templates database from a remote and open repository   - Support for other languages, at least Italian   Rquirements:  - A computer that runs Mac OS X Yosemite or a more recent version (Mac OS X El Capitan is required to use TINU in a macOS recovery or installer)  - A drive or a free partition of at least 7 GB that you want to turn into a macOS/Mac OS X installer  - A copy of a macOS/Mac OS X installer app (Maveriks or newer versions are supported) in the /Applications folder or in the root of any storage drive in your machine (excepted the drive or volume you want to turn into your macOS install media)   Note that this app is under the GNU GPL v3 license so any reuse of the source code must follow the license's terms   Download available here: https://github.com/ITzTravelInTime/TINU/releases   Source code:  https://github.com/ITzTravelInTime/TINU   Frequently asked questions about TINU: https://github.com/ITzTravelInTime/TINU/wiki/FAQs  
      I leave also some screenshots as well