[Legacy kernel]

Flash

Fireworks

Dreamweaver

Flash Builder

Indesign

Acrobat Pro

Media Encoder

Now in the console, opening Photoshop on Snow Leopard with legacy kernel & sinetek.

[0x0-0x33033].com.adobe.Photoshop[1752] The allowed processors are: Intel® Core™ Duo processors and compatible Intel processors with supplemental Streaming SIMD Extensions 3 (SSSE3) instruction support.

com.apple.launchd.peruser.501[90] ([0x0-0x37037].com.adobe.Photoshop[1785]) Exited with exit code: 1

So a kernel with the SSSE3 emulator seems to be the way forward in Snow Leopard, I think.

Console Mountain Lion.

No SSSE3 error.

com.apple.launchd.peruser.501[131]: ([0x0-0x19019].com.adobe.Photoshop[223]) Exited with code: 1

• Like 1

No ways! I didn't know SSSE3 emulation was in the Snow Leopard Kernel! That's awesome!

Booted into Sinetek's kernel and ran Photoshop within terminal like so

Duran-Keeleys-Mac-mini:~ durankeeley$ /Applications/Adobe\ Photoshop\ CS6/Adobe\ Photoshop\ CS6.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe\ Photoshop\ CS6 ; exit;

The error on exit was.

Segmentation fault

And ofcourse with the legacy_kernel

Duran-Keeleys-Mac-mini:~ durankeeley$ /Applications/Adobe\ Photoshop\ CS6/Adobe\ Photoshop\ CS6.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe\ Photoshop\ CS6 ; exit;

The exit would be:

The allowed processors are: Intel® Core™ Duo processors and compatible Intel processors with supplemental Streaming SIMD Extensions 3 (SSSE3) instruction support.

@theconnactic, how hard would it be for me to maybe add the SSSE3 emulation to the legacy kernel? Is it possible? (I have no clue how to compile but if I'm gonna try help I gotta learn!)

P.S.: if it's really a CPUID check, is there a way to dodge without binpatching lots of binaries on the system? (the results with AnV's new patcher have been mixed).

I ran Marvin's AMD Utility to get the list of CPUID's and binaries, ran amd_insn_patcher over the files with cpuids and no changes there, same errors. Uploaded them, if you wanna check it out. https://www.dropbox....ez1b/cZGp-zFbhA

Maybe if you ask Andy Vandjick, he's always around.

Anyway, the exit message is a clear indicative os a CPUID check.

Best regards.

Awesome I just sent him a message :D

Kind Regards

Duran Keeley

Update - Lion

Bronzovka 10.7.4 kernel

Booting with i386

Flash

Fireworks

Dreamweaver

Flash Builder

Indesign

Acrobat Pro

Media Encoder

Speedgrade

Bridge (opens but then crashes)

No Photoshop?

Not able to get Photoshop working, trying to get a 32-bit kernel with SSSE3 to test. If you can get Photoshop please let me know. Tried patching but I think there is a check for SSSE3. If you can help me compile a kernel I seriously would be so grateful (installed Xcode, dropped an old voodoobuild into terminal and it just will not build so I'm really doing something wrong as I haven't even touched the code yet)

• 2 weeks later...

With Bronzovka's kernel, running 32-bit with support for 64-bit processes, ssse3 built-in, 10.7.4:

Working until now:

Flash

Flash Builder

Audition

DreamWeaver

FireWorks

InDesing

AcrobatPro

Speedgrade

MediaEncoder (sometimes)

Bridge starts but crashes when you try to actually use it.

Photoshop and Illustrator doesn't start. Premiere, Prelude and After Effects freeze while loading.

Best regards.

Hey just came across this

Caution

If a program compiled with /Qx{K|W|N|B|P} is executed on a non-compatible processor, it might fail with an illegal instruction exception, or display other unexpected behavior. Executing programs compiled with /QxN, /QxB, or /QxP on unsupported processors will display the following run-time error:

Fatal Error : This program was not built to run on the processor in your system.

Did you try to run the and_insn_patcher against Photoshop's or Illustrator's binaries?

Hey yeah busy on Photoshop. No progress so far will post if there is any break through, Might run Andy's AMDAutoTool cause I'm feeling a bit lazy. :)

EDIT: Ran Andy's AMDAutoTool (in terminal as root, it's the only way it seems to work for me), Looks like it patched everything but still the error.

Fatal Error: This program was not built to run on the processor in your system.

Followed by:

The allowed processors are: Intel(R) Core(TM) Duo processors and compatible Intel processors with supplemental Streaming SIMD Extensions 3 (SSSE3) instruction support.

EDIT 2: Doing some reading up on C++, on an ubuntu forum someone compiled a binary that included -xT and gets the same error.

That's because "-fast" currently enables "-xT -O3 -ipo -no-prec-div -static". And "-xT" means to generate specialized code to run exclusively on Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo processors, Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad processors, and Intel(R) Xeon(R) processors with SSSE3.

UPDATE for Snow Leopard:

The best workaround I have found so far is Wine.

For wine you need:

Xcode 3.2

Macports

Other Info:

Internet does not work inside Wine, so DO NOT INSTALL as a Trial.

I used a Portable Photoshop CS6 inside Wine, If you install it may seem like it crashed and failed (It will say Installation Failed) but it is installing in the background.

Screen shot 2013-02-24 at 8.04.36 PM.png

So you're running portable Photoshop CS6 for Windows under Wine? Did you try to create a wrapper for it with Wineskin Winery?

Best regards!

theconnactic,

Yeah used a portable Photoshop CS6.

Didn't use a Wineskin with Snow Leopard I'm using wine as a compiled MacPort thanks to xcodebuild working in SL. Used Wineskin for Lion and it works :)

Please See Attached.

So I'm gonna take a guess and say that Illustrator will work too. So we have Premiere, Prelude and After Effects left to deal with.

Screen Shot 2013-02-25 at 1.58.35 PM.png

Ok so dragging is a problem on my Snow Leopard Wine BUT works perfectly on Lion Wineskin.

Remember to associate PSD's when setting up Wineskin. Works well I can open a psd, edit and save!

EDIT: No go with Illustrator! Might be the portable I'm using if someone else can check this please.

EDIT 2: I was right, bad portable, tried another and it opens (See Attached)! BUT Creating a New Document or open a Illustrator file ends up crashing Illustrator.

Screen Shot 2013-02-25 at 3.06.48 PM.png

Update - Lion

With the testing kernel Bronzovka's 10.7.5

After Effects CS6 - Working

Premiere Pro CS6 - Working with plugin "AEFilterColorThreeWay.bundle" disabled (To do so go the the Premiere Pro folder, Right click and Show Package Contents -> Contents -> Plug-Ins -> Common and rename "AEFilterColorThreeWay.bundle" to "AEFilterColorThreeWay.disabled" or something like that.

Credits to theconnactic, for the Premiere Pro Fix.

Full Working CS6 Suite - 10.7.5 Bronzovka's "mach_kernel_10_7_5_FX_RC7_TEST_FSB"

Photoshop CS6

Once Installed go to the Photoshop folder,

Right click and Show Package Contents -> Required -> Plug-In's -> Extensions -> MMXCore.plugin. Trash this plugin!

Illustrator CS6

Once Installed go to the Illustrator folder,

Trash these two Plug-In's Found in:

Illustrator Folder -> Plug-in's -> Extensions -> BNPlugin.aip

Illustrator Folder -> Plug-in's -> Photoshop Filters -> PSLFilterAdapter.aip

Bridge CS6

Once Installed go to the Bridge folder,

Bridge Folder -> Plug-in's -> MMXCore.plugin. Trash this plugin!

• Like 1

I can confirm we made it! And all methods described in this topi will also work in 32-bit kernel mode using Bronzovka's 10.7.5 latest kernel (see Lion testing thread):

Screen Shot 2013-02-26 at 4.41.06 PM.png

Screen Shot 2013-02-26 at 4.41.43 PM.png

Screen Shot 2013-02-26 at 4.43.45 PM.png

It's important to notice that this is a workaround to make a (mostly) full CS6 experience possible on AMD machines running Mac OSX, but that's not the optimal solution, since we're making alterations to CS6's files, instead of perfecting the kernel so we can run a vanilla Adobe CS6 installation. Therefore, our next goal should perfect the kernel so it doesn't crash with the MMXCore plugin used by CS6.

Best regards!

• Like 1

Now ! Full working cs6 and etc applications adobe ! I no deleted plugins , it is working !

You go to and opened program "Adobe Application Manager" and update all programs and working all program after update applications ! :)

But only one program BRIDGE CS6 one plugin deleted MMXCore.plugin and working ! :)

• Like 1

Duran Keeley, what plugins ? for cs6 AND SYSTEM CRASH ?

32 AND 64 BIT :)

No, just crash on the apps. Same plugin's as before like MMXcore in Photoshop & Illustrator ones mentioned before.

EDIT: Bronzovka your words are golden! Reinstalled Lion, used a NEW Adobe ID so it was the start of the trial again, updated and Boom! Working! It was not updating before because I was replacing the amtlib because of my trial being expired!

EDIT 2: It worked for Photoshop but I seem to have crashes still on Illustrator on those same plugins

Edited by Duran Keeley
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...

Photoshop CS6 is still not working with MMXCore.plugin. Closes on startup with the CPUID check on console.

Illustrator also crashes with PSLFilterAdapter.aip . BNPlugin.aip and DropShadow.aip don't load correctly but Illustrator opens with these if I delete PSLFilterAdapter.aip.

I tried mach_rc13, mach_rc15, 64bit and 32bit kernel modes, and it's all the same.

My specs:

M4A79XTD EVO

Phenom x4 955

4GB

HD5770

Hi Vikernes,

Is your Photoshop CS6 fully updated? Because as discused earlier in the topic the original MMXcore crashes unless updated. As for Illustrator I reported this in ealier posts...

Illustrator corrupts everytime you delete plugins... Reinstall Illustrator and only delete BNPlugin.aip & PSLFilterAdapter.aip.

Good Day Sir

• Like 1

Hi Vikernes,

Is your Photoshop CS6 fully updated? Because as discused earlier in the topic the original MMXcore crashes unless updated. As for Illustrator I reported this in ealier posts...

Illustrator corrupts everytime you delete plugins... Reinstall Illustrator and only delete BNPlugin.aip & PSLFilterAdapter.aip.

Good Day Sir

Hello Duran Keeley!

Yes, according to the info on the topic, I installed my trial of the cs6 suite, and then ran the Adobe Application Manager to update the software. When it ended updating, Photoshop still crashed with MMXcore.plugin.

But, the thing is, I went to check the Photoshop cs6 version and it had 13.0 x64 in it. And I went on to Adobe's site and found out that there are already more updated versions, like 13.0.4 or 13.1.2. So I don't know why the App Manager was reporting my software as fully updated, that was probably the problem.

I also tried downloading the 13.0.4 update for mac, for manual install and it didn't let me install the update, said it wasn't for my version of Photoshop (?).

Anyway yeah, I'm going to try and do a reinstall, and see if I can update it to the newest version. Thank you for the heads up!

Cheers!

Update: I confirm your statement, Duran Keeley. I reinstalled, created new trial registration, and manually updated to 13.0.5, and Photoshop cs6 is working out of the box.

• Like 1