Asus P8Z77-V LK

k3nny

114 posts in this topic

It all depends on the methods in the extra SSDT. The main thing is that there are no duplicates between the methods in the original ACPI tables and the injected ones.

Clover uses a rather old method to generate the states, which collides with the methods in the original ACPI tables and you need to drop some of them. When using Piker's script, this doesn't happen.

Besides, there are multiple SSDT tables with info about your SATA ports, for example, which should not be dropped.

I think the best way is to start with as few modifications to the system as possible, add them one by one with long test runs in between. This way you will eventually figure out, what causes the crashes. You can also try to disable unneeded devices in the BIOS, like the COM port or the ASMedia USB ports.

Thank you so much for clarifying that.  You mean there are SSDT table in my DSDT?

Anyway, I figured it has to do with power management so I put vanilla IOplatformplugin kext and it seems to work as I was able to use past 6 hour mark which wasn't able to do. 

The DSDT and SSDT are both ACPI tables. DSDT is the main one, SSDTs act as extensions for it. In the end both types end up in one place, so it is important not to have the same function in both the DSDT and an SSDT, for example.

Glad to head it worked.

I always wondered about video power management, as I have an AMD card myself. I did some tests with IOPlatformPlugin earlier and couldn't see any difference.

well, got attacked by freezing again! It was after a day use. I used for half day, slept the system, came back next day, woke it up, it was working for about 3 hours, then froze.   :(

I believe it has to do with power management so I checked my SSDT (recreate one), checked Fix HPET in clover, others same then installed 10.10.1 update then reboot and checked everything in clover GUI and found something strange.  

in CPU setting, I notice CPU clock showing Turbo clock at 66?  I had everything auto in bios, so I set everything manual in bios including clock speed, reboot, now CPU show correct clock speed. Rebooted w/o problem and was able to use until I left office.  Hope it works throughout the day today.

:gathering: 

Happy Thanksgiving.

No crashes for two days since I set CPU setting manually. Maybe it has to do with my i5-2500K and clover version or ASUS bios. I didn't have such issue with older GA-Z68 board.  Showing 66/66/66/66 in CPU certainly didn't look right.  I actually overclocked to 42 and no crashes so I am assuming it had to do with that.

I am playing with other stuffs like kext to patch for usb3.0 rather than genericxhci.kext. I notice  two "EHCI controller will unloaded across sleep" during boot, do you think it has to do with kext to patch? is using genericXHCi better?

Also, do I need to patch DSDT to get HD3000 working?  I'm using two monitors (hooked up to my HD6870), and just playing to see if hooking one to HD6870 and another one to HD3000 on board makes any difference.

Thanks, to you too. :-)

Can you post your current Clover boot log? I would be interested to see it.

I had a DSDT patch for USB3 first and switched to Zenith's kext because of simplicity reasons. The external sound card, HDD and the few thumb drives I use from time to time, work pretty well with it. The only actual USB3 thumb drive I have, has a writing speed that's worse than most USB2 drives.. so yeah, not much to test it with.

Never used the HD4000 though, I can't help you with that. Clover has a setting for this kind of video cards, but you will need to test it yourself: http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/Graphics#Inject-/-Intel

I am HD3000 (i5-2500k).

I can't generate boot.log for some reason. I think I am booting with USB stick or off other HDD to boot my Yosemite in my fusion drive. I didn't install clover on fusion drive.  

I see that I have misc folder in that EFI folder. 

Looking at USB stick that I booted earlier with has proboot.log.  i am going to boot with that one more and will press F2 this time to see if it saves any in that folder. I will update.

I just rebooted, but it only has preboot.log. When I try to see boot.log using clover configurator, says bdmesg not found.

I don't know what is causing this. but no boot.log.....

it keeps saying no bdmesg. 

I swear I was able to see boot.log until mountain lion.

Here is how my HDD is setup:

/dev/disk0

#:                       TYPE NAME                    SIZE       IDENTIFIER

0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *2.0 TB     disk0

1:                        EFI EFI                     209.7 MB   disk0s1

2:                  Apple_HFS Time Machine            2.0 TB     disk0s2

/dev/disk1

0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *1.0 TB     disk1

1:                        EFI EFI                     209.7 MB   disk1s1

2:          Apple_CoreStorage                         999.3 GB   disk1s2

3:                 Apple_Boot Recovery HD             650.1 MB   disk1s3

/dev/disk2

0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *80.0 GB    disk2

1:                        EFI EFI                     209.7 MB   disk2s1

2:          Apple_CoreStorage                         79.7 GB    disk2s2

3:                 Apple_Boot Boot OS X               134.2 MB   disk2s3

/dev/disk3

0:     FDisk_partition_scheme                        *200.0 GB   disk3

1:                  Apple_HFS Mac HD                  80.0 GB    disk3s1

2:               Windows_NTFS Windows                 120.0 GB   disk3s2

/dev/disk4

0:                  Apple_HFS Macintosh HD           *1.1 TB     disk4

Logical Volume on disk1s2, disk2s2

disk 1 and 2 is fusion drive.

I installed clover in disk3 and booting it.

Update about freezing. System seemed to work fine but I had freezing twice yesterday when I plugged in USB device. It didn't freeze right away, but froze after communicating with usb device for a while so now I am thinking this is USB issue.

I was using kext to patch for usb 3.0, but using DSDT with usb patched, could this create conflict?

Now I am booting just clover with DSDT fix and genericXHCI from your link and set XCHI to auto in bios. It booted and works now.  I will update soon.

I got the boot log using usb stick.

That's Clover's debug output. Try using DarwinDumper and activate "Kernel dmesg", that should be it.

Update about freezing. System seemed to work fine but I had freezing twice yesterday when I plugged in USB device. It didn't freeze right away, but froze after communicating with usb device for a while so now I am thinking this is USB issue.

I was using kext to patch for usb 3.0, but using DSDT with usb patched, could this create conflict?

Now I am booting just clover with DSDT fix and genericXHCI from your link and set XCHI to auto in bios. It booted and works now.  I will update soon.

Most probably not, but I don't really know the patched kext.

attached is boot log from darwin dumper.

Now I am thinking it has to do with my cooling? My CPU got upto 70 degree when I was just running darwin dumper, could this be problem?

bootlog.zip

It's nearly impossible to say without a proper system log message saying something about the crash cause.

70°C is fine, that won't cause a crash.

Please post another boot log directly after you boot OS X. The one from your previous post doesn't seem to have any actual boot messages.

my system must be having some problem. I can't get boot.log.....

anyway, my system keeps freezing and just can't use it like this so about to go back to older mobo.

for the last time, I am using your config.plist and testing it and if this freezes than, I am going to think my mobo is having a problem.

BTW, with config.plist, my HD6870 shows as HD6xxx.  Is there a way to fix this?

My system kept freezing again so I had to go back to previous board. 

Going back to what I did to this board, I did flash bios with modded one from your #1.

I am going to flash with stock bios and use ASUScpu patch and see if that helps.

• 3 months later...

See http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/305007-images-and-attachments-not-showing/?p=2119211

If they won't be fixed in 2 weeks, I will re-upload them again. I can't do it now anyway.

thanks for the reply
Your DSDT 100% fit to the P8Z77-V-LE-PLUS
I could not sleep on the defeat of his mother.
Sorry for the English - use google translate
sleep with your DSDT works
post-393903-0-21100000-1427551845_thumb.jpg

• Like 1