HP Pavilion dv9335nr ipc 10.5.6 intel 3495abg wireless not functioning

mikedv6500

6 posts in this topic

Hi there,

i havent been on this site since arround late 2010 i believe when i had an HP dv6605us and i got it functioning with leoforall v1.4 thanks to a lot of help from users of this forum.

Sadly I am in need of assistance again. I recently resurrected a HP pavilion dv9335nr from the dead, it had (allong with almost all the DV series) an over heating problem due to the bad boards and dezign hp used for the heat sink. I re-set the solder on the video chip and got it up and running again.

NOW... My install media was a DVD containing the distro iPC 10.5.6 Final. I chose this distro because I had previously tried to install 10.5.6 on my asus eee pc 900 (i know 900mhz is a joke) with no luck (install would go flawlessly then the screen after boot would look like a bar code, still trying to find a distro that will work.) and it was the only distro I had from arround 2010 still accessable on my old intel P4 machine.

The following is what I selected for my install with some success the seccond go: >>>>

(as the drop down menu progresses the > will match)

>iPC OSx86 10.5.6 Base system Selected

>Language translations Selected

>>Kernels-9.4.0. StageXNU Universal Kernel

>>Drivers-

>>>Video Drivers-

>>>>Nvidia-NVinjectGo 0.2.0 Default Selected

>>>Audio Drivers

>>>>Conexant HiDef Audio Selected

>>>Wireless Drivers

>>>>Intel Proset 3945 Selected

>>>Power Management

>>>>AppleACPIBatteryManager, GenericCPUPowerManagement, Clamshell Display Support, All 3 selected

>>>Fixes and Patches

>>>>PS/2 Device support

>>>>>PS/2 Keyboard fix Selected

>>>>Alternative Bootloaders

>>>>>Chameleon with DSDT/Custom Boot Picture Selected

>>>>Applications (all of them) Selected

The system boots, there is sound, the picture is great, no lag, the programs open and function and the DVD/CD drive works. I have noticed the laptop runs hotter and the cores of the centrino duo seem to be a little over worked, which is a cncern on a pc that has heat issues. mouse works, except for the pressure sensitive function of the touch pad which is disapointing.

*********************************************************************************************************************************

What doesnt work which is frustrating is the wifi which I am 100% positive is an intel 3495abg pro card and I am just as positive that I picked that kext to install and no pressure sensitivity on the touchpad. The previous HP I worked on, as I stated before was a dv6605us and it had a Broadcom card in it. Could it be possible that the bus (mini PCI ) is intel architecture and the card is the same broadcom card as in the other pc?

**********************************************************************************************************************************

As for functionality I have not checked yet, I have not checked the USB, functionality nor the HDMI, VGA, SD card reader LAN or mini 1394 (mini fire wire)

If you have a solution to my problem or know someone who might I would greatly appreciate the help.

Thanks in advance!

Michael.

i *can* find a download for *3945* but i NEED ***3495*** as far as google searching i have been on top of it, i cant seem to find a work around for it thus i came here and asked a question. it seems no one is willing to help me other than telling me to search GOOGLE so i guess ill just do that.

*UPDATE*

USB - Working

Mini Fire wire - Working

HDMI - VGA - Working

LAN - Intermittent

SD card reader - Not Working