Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Slice said:

I have an idea.

Graphics = N/A when model name is not beginning with "Intel" or "AMD".

Check your card name. Is it the name from config? Or from old version of WhateverGreen?

Yes, that was the issue.  In device properties for IGPU, @PG7 added model=UHD 620.  Adding "Intel" to the name made it appear in VideoProc.  I suspect that if I remove the model entry, WEG will select it correctly.

Edited by mnfesq
  • Like 2

Guest 5T33Z0

Anyone else thinking that boot times got slower after the change to gcc12 was made? Clover r5137 booted incredibly fast. SInce then it got slower again.

5 minutes ago, 5T33Z0 said:

Anyone else thinking that boot times got slower after the change to gcc12 was made? Clover r5137 booted incredibly fast. SInce then it got slower again.

It is rather because of OC integration.

Anyway boot process occurs once per day or once per week in my case. I can wait few seconds.

• Like 2

Hello everyone, thanks for your tireless efforts to get Ventura working, as with Monterey last year, it's very appreciated.

For us that wish to remain a little conservative and won't update so fast, macOS or Clover, is the new release r5148 destined to replace a good working r5146 ? @Slice ? I use it for both Catalina and Monterey on 2 different hackintoshes. I know they say if it works, don't upgrade but... 😂 🤣

Thank you again everyone.

1. @Slice
  2. Have Made Another Little Change To Building Clover 
  3. Now Own Folder Named Clover, Inside Is runme.command
  4. Execute This And It Will clone CloverBootloader If Not There
  5. And cd to CloverBootloader And git pulls If There
  6. Then it runs buildme 

Reason For Doing This Is So There Is No Conflics  With Local Changes

Resulting In Having To Do A git stash Depending On What Was Changed

i.e Make Change to buildme, And when It git pull,  it Asks To Stash It

Clover.zip

Edited by STLVNUB

Hi all

I noticed something strange under Ventura Beta 2 : despite sound and startup disk settings correctly, Clover GUI (r5147 c7789dc) don't select macOS automatically.

Few minutes ago, I update successfully Ventura Beta 3 (22A5295i) ( Clover r5148 a5e78463a). I select Startup disk on Ventura. After turning off, I turn on again my config, same problem : Clover don't select macOS disk automatically !

On the other hand, Ventura seems to keep the sound parameter for the moment.

What do you think about that (z390 config). 🤔

Guest 5T33Z0

@Matgen84 Then you know what to do… Did you perform a Clean Install for updating? Becaue if you do that and format the disk befor installing, the UUID changes.

Edited by 5T33Z0

2 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

@5T33Z0 I don't try 'LastBootedVolume". Since Big Sur, I use Volume UUID. I don't reset NVRAM.

Not sure if it is right.

I have the setting LastBootedVolume and I updated beta 2 to beta 3 and then to second beta 3 just by one click.

Clover always chosen right volume to continue installation.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, antuneddu said:

If you count from the bios to get to the Clover gui ... Even less 🙂

Not from bios, from the Clover Gui / Press Enter:guitar:

Edited by chris1111

10 hours ago, Slice said:

Not sure if it is right.

I have the setting LastBootedVolume and I updated beta 2 to beta 3 and then to second beta 3 just by one click.

Clover always chosen right volume to continue installation.

Hi @Slice I have no problem to install or update Ventura. Clover always chosen right volume as you says.

The problem is when I turn on : Clover don't choose automatically macOS Ventura installed. I forgot to tell you: I have a separate Windows disk. Maybe, I must hide it in config.plist (as I did before).

13 hours ago, 5T33Z0 said:

@Matgen84 Then you know what to do… Did you perform a Clean Install for updating? Becaue if you do that and format the disk befor installing, the UUID changes.

@5T33Z0 Correct. I format the disk and perform a clean install. Where I can find the new Volume UUID for the main Ventura volume (because I don't remember).

EDIT: Via Terminal, I get new Volume UUID for disk0s2 (Physical Volume). Same problem with Clover GUI  when I turn on.

Edited by Matgen84

7 hours ago, chris1111 said:

Not from bios, from the Clover Gui / Press Enter:guitar:

Let's say that you enter around 9 sec. and you have the login window around 25 sec. If math is not an opinion ... that's 16 seconds in total ... a little different from the 3-5 you were saying  :hysterical:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, antuneddu said:

Let's say that you enter around 9 sec. and you have the login window around 25 sec. If math is not an opinion ... that's 16 seconds in total ... a little different from the 3-5 you were saying  :hysterical:

He my freind read my comment I said Approximate 5 sec :lol: I am not Chronometer

Sierra is more fast then Ventura maybe I make another video then you calculate for me:P 

Edited by chris1111
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, 5T33Z0 said:

@Matgen84 Or: Clover Configurator > GUI > Custom Entries  > Volume has dropdown menu which lists all the volumes and their UUIDs.

@5T33Z0 Thanks. I have to choose main physical Ventura  volume ?

EDIT from previous post: Via Terminal, I get new Volume UUID for disk0s2 (Physical Volume). Same problem with Clover GUI  when I turn on.