No brightness slider on t60 dsdt after adding pnlf device under _SB Scope

musashiz

10 posts in this topic

Howdy all. Ive been researching for a long time and no one seems to have this problem with their t60. I have the PNLF device code in my dsdt but there is still no brightness slider. I even removed non-vanilla radeonhd.kext framebuffer, Silencer suggested it could be related to video driver/framebuffer but still no brightness slider in system preferences. at this point im stuck reading over the same threads and can find nothing new to try.

I also tried the genericbrightness.kext method and still that brightness slider is nowhere to be found. i have a x1400 device id 7145.

por favor help a brother out. this is the last step for my hackintosh to be complete :)

dsdt_t60.rtf

• 1 month later...

Ok i understand there is no chance of getting the brightness slider on my t60 with x1400. if anyone has a tip/link to a dsdt fix for this. There has got to be a way to write to the brightness register from dsdt. ive seen some success with dsdt edits and hotkeys. already tried the genericbrightness.kext solution with no success.

Ok i understand there is no chance of getting the brightness slider on my t60 with x1400. if anyone has a tip/link to a dsdt fix for this. There has got to be a way to write to the brightness register from dsdt. ive seen some success with dsdt edits and hotkeys. already tried the genericbrightness.kext solution with no success.

You should download DSDT Editor from here: http://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=62 (Registration is for free). There are varios patches for laptop insides. Try to apply the FN key patch for your chipset. Perhaps this is working for you. In your DSDT are no edits for FN-Keys.

Have fun.

Any idea where i might find dsdt code for fn key patch?? ive been looking around that program and i dont see any pre-defined dsdt code. dsdtse has some predefined fixes but nothing like taht. where could i find some code for something like that??? thanks! (exciting stuff)

Try to removing the "IRQNoFlags" from Device (TIMR), and add it to the end of Device (IPIC).

Another option is to edit your custom EDID, if you want I can help, type this in your terminal:

ioreg -lw0 > ~/Desktop/ioregSaved.txt

This command creates the file ioregSaved.txt on your desktop, post it

Micky

ya acceleration is supported natively with radeonx1000.kext with device plist edit. radeonhd.kext is my framebuffer. both work very well. i did not have to enter edid into radeonhd. it seems to autodetect it. i downloaded switchresx and the edid string it gives me is different than the one extracted through windows. not sure what my edid is...

EDID is a exadecimal string into the EEPROM of the display, and the various operating systems should take it from there, the data it needs.

Without that key (IODisplayEDID), this can not be done or I do not know, sorry

Micky