[GUIDE] Install OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.2 and Mavericks 10.9.1 on ASUS N53SN/N53SV/N53SM Notebooks

eng_matt

178 posts in this topic

Does anyone else have issues with the Wifi Connection randomly dropping? Doesn't matter if its after sleep, Or just a regular day. The browser will fail to load the page, and I will look up and see that I do not have a wifi connection. Then I have to reconnect manually. Just wondering if anyone else has this issue.

• 3 weeks later...

I copied your extra folder (I'm assuming that means I now have chameleon installed) however, when booting, I get a boot0 error. In order to boot, I must first plug in my external hard drive and use the chameleon on there.

What should I do?

Does anyone else have issues with the Wifi Connection randomly dropping? Doesn't matter if its after sleep, Or just a regular day. The browser will fail to load the page, and I will look up and see that I do not have a wifi connection. Then I have to reconnect manually. Just wondering if anyone else has this issue.

I don't. However, I'm using the second wifi kext. The first one would not let me connect, I could just view connections.

Artifacts issue didnt fixed yet. Driver issue . Hd 3000 driver update may fix that. I hope so. ;) , Most of other users have this issue. Problem is general.

Fix screen artifacts on your Hackintosh;

http://www.macbreaker.com/2012/04/fix-hd-3000-artifacts-on-your.html try this one.

also you can look here;

http://legacy.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?p=351082

Hello all,

I have a AR9002WB-1NG wifi combo card(AR9285 + AR3011 (bluetooth))

From lsusb for BT

Bus 002 Device 005: ID 0cf3:3005 Atheros Communications, Inc. AR3011 Bluetooth

I got the wifi working just with a plist edit:

<key>IONameMatch</key>

<array>

<string>pci168c,2a</string>

<string>pci168c,2b</string>

</array>

for the bluetooth instead I'm confused… I've seen around two methods for this: Atheros Firmware Uploader or IOath3kfrmwr.kext

The first one (FW uploader) gives me a i5:ath3k-firmware-uploader tom$ ./ath3k-firmware-uploader

Atheros AR3011 not found error.

The second one is a bit cryptic.. I've added the device id in the plist converting it into decimal value.. but I don't get any kind of output in the Console or anywhere else.. is there a log somewhere to understand if this has been loaded or errors etc..?

This my edit for my device(ID 0cf3:3005):

<key>idProduct</key>

<integer>12293</integer>

<key>idVendor</key>

<integer>3315</integer>

PS Is there another method for BT? Suggestions? I'm running 10.8.2

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

I spent many hours for that work. At first I dump the audio codec (ALC269) in linux and than patch the AppleHDA and DSDT by using information from that codec dump with the help of this guide. I forgot to say that DSDT at my previous post also includes wi-fi patch.

I also have same screen gitches like you. It is not too bad and so often, so I will deal with it later.

I just started to work on ssdt :) not working for now :(

cya

INSTALL "FAN CONTROL APP" AND ENJOY!!!

thank you very much, this dsdt works like a charm!!! imy laptop has a very much extended battery life and is cooler now.

but now i have two issues, the one is that i have random graphics glitches and the second is that my fn keys don't work for volume control with this dsdt, with my own dsdt its working the volume control with animations.

please any help with the fn keys and the graphics glitches.

FOR GLITCHES YOU HAVE TO INSTALL "FAN CONTROL" INSTALL, RUN IN SYSTEM PREFERENCES, RESTART AND ENJOY""

Like @anerik70 said , i am using fan control app. For screen glitches and freeze. No more HD 3000 screen issue.

Here the apps picture;

ekranresmi.png

I added apps links below and attachment , so you can download and use. ;

Fan Control 1.2 apps ;

Fix screen artifacts HD 3000

Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/?d1grt6dyt7swfvr

RUN IN SYSTEM PREFERENCES

Also added attachment. All you need install and run in System Preferences.

Have a nice day . Guys.

New users please write comment this thread. :)

FanControl-1.2.dmg

Too bad the hardware in these laptops dont support actual fan control. My Laptop tends to run hot when idle just due to the place it sits. I would love to kick up the fan speed.

Fix your SSDT and patch the intelcpupower...kext. Should make a difference.

Hi guys, I have an Asus N53SN

i7-2630QM, nVidia 550M - 1366x768 res, etc...

I've followed this guide and my computer will refuse to boot into Mac normally, it will boot up thru safemode (-x) but graphics is not fully enabled, along with a whole bunch of other stuff not working.

When I have it boot thru the ###### USB, it will result in a white screen.

When I use verbose boot (-v) it will get stuck on: IOBluetoothHCIController::setConfigState........ and the screen turns grey and I can't read the text anymore...

Please instruct me. Thanks!

Fix your SSDT and patch the intelcpupower...kext. Should make a difference.

I am running a custom ssdt, and the BIOS is patched. Its more of a function of where my computer sits, and I would like the fans to come on earlier.

Hi guys, I have an Asus N53SN

i7-2630QM, nVidia 550M - 1366x768 res, etc...

I've followed this guide and my computer will refuse to boot into Mac normally, it will boot up thru safemode (-x) but graphics is not fully enabled, along with a whole bunch of other stuff not working.

When I have it boot thru the ###### USB, it will result in a white screen.

When I use verbose boot (-v) it will get stuck on: IOBluetoothHCIController::setConfigState........ and the screen turns grey and I can't read the text anymore...

Please instruct me. Thanks!

Sounds like the nVidia Kexts are trying to load. You might try deleting them from /S/L/E and see how that goes.

I did not add any extra kexts.

I did install the Intel Graphics kexts via Kext Utility

and what do u mean by the /Extras folder setup? do u mean on the flash drive? if so, then yes I do.

I did not copy anything into the /Extras on the HDD

I did not add any extra kexts.

I did install the Intel Graphics kexts via Kext Utility

and what do u mean by the /Extras folder setup? do u mean on the flash drive? if so, then yes I do.

I did not copy anything into the /Extras on the HDD

Inorder for the computer to boot without the USB, you will have to have /Extra on the HDD setup so chameleon reads the DSDT, and smbios.plist. This may be the cause of your issues.