Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Isaac Ho

OS X 10.7.3 - 10.8.1 Black Screen Issue

1 post in this topic

I'm using Lenovo E320 with HD3000 integrated graphics, it's screen turns black during startup or installation. OS X 10.7.3 - 10.8.2 versions. I discovered that to replace the AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext in S/L/E by the one of Lion 10.7.0 can solve this issue. I think this solution may help in 10.8.2 and some laptop models too.

I would like to know other solutions, wish you would share your experiences.

More details of the above issue:

Hardware: Lenovo E320, Intel i3-3250M, HM65 Express Chipset, HD3000 integrated graphics

Lion 10.7.0:

both install and bootup without problem

Lion 10.7.3 - M. Lion 10.8.1:

1. built-in LCD screen turns black during startup or installation.

2. if a monitor is attached with HDMI port, both built-in screen and HDMI monitor work fine all the time

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By tomh117
      When I turn on my PC it will show Clover on the 1080p monitor and the other two DP monitors will go into standby, if I boot OSX like this then all monitors will black screen instead of showing the login screen. The DP monitors will go into an endless loop of trying to get a signal and saying "Display Port" like they do when looking for a singal and the 1080p DVI one will just display a black screen. The system is not hung, I can still ssh into it.
      The only way for me to successfully boot and have all 3 monitors work is either to:
      fully turn off both DP monitors, boot only with DVI until log in screen, then turn on both DP monitors
      manually turn on both DP monitors while booting but before it comes to the login screen, so they are not in standby
      But if I just let it start normally it without doing either it black screens.
      The same thing also happens when I'm already logged in and have it running successfully and turn off all monitors and come back later. Usually (8 out of 10 times) when I turn them all on it works again, but the other 2 times all of them start to black screen the same way. It seems the most consistent way to avoid that is to turn both DP monitors on at the same time.
      What I've tried so far:
      SMBIOS 14.2, 15.1, and MacPro 6.1 (the current one), none of that helped.
      Lilu.kext + NvidiaGraphicsFixup
      Patching AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/Contents/Info.plist and setting everything to none
      Switching the 1080p monitor to HDMI but that was the same, can't switch the DP monitors really since they are 4k and need DP.
      Nothing had any effect.
      My setup:
      i7 4790k, GA-Z97X-UD3H, 32gb
      980Ti (reference card) driver 378. (should be the latest one)
      2x Samsung 4k monitor (Display Port)
      1x 1080p via DVI
    • By TommyV6
      Hi, on my gear (i7-3770 16GB GA-Z77X-UD3H GTX 760 2GB) Web Driver works only 1-3 reboots after instalation. After this I`m geting black screen in middle of loading. I can login remotly to my machine when screen is black. After rebuilding cache manualy or with kext Utility screen work again!   I have MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 with all updates nVidia Web Driver 378.05.05.25f04 installad Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext On macos default driver I`m getting same results.   Latest Clovers is my boot loader.   How I can fix this up permanently ?  
    • By giacomo.dessi2303
      Buongiorno a tutti sono un nuovo utente del forum e avrei bisogno di aiuto. Ho installato sierra sul mio laptop che ha le seguenti caratteristiche:
      Scheda video: intel hd graphics 3000 + NVIDIA GeForce GT 720M (so già che la scheda Nvidia non funzionerà)
      Scheda audio: Intel High Definition Audio
      Scheda di rete: 802.11b/g/n
      Questo è ciò che funziona e ciò che non funziona:
      Audio (OK)
      WebCam (OK)
      Ethernet (OK)
      Graphics (OK)
      Touchpad (OK)
      Keyboard (OK)
      WiFi (OK)
      USB (OK)
      Bootloader (OK)
      Battery (NO)
      Microphone (NO)
      Brightness (NO)
      Bluetooth (NO)
      SD Card Reader (NO)
      ​Non è che qualcuno di voi riuscirebbe a sistemarmi il DSDT in modo che il  portatile funzioni correttamente con sierra? Grazie in anticipo
      CLOVER + DSDT.zip
    • By obov
      Hello everyone!  This is a new user to InsanelyMac, although I've built my Hackintosh long ago with the information on this forum
      But it seems like the problem I encountered has no solution posted here, I would like to share my solution to that. 
      I have an i7 6700k, a GIGABYTE Z170 motherboard (though these two are not important at all in this problem), and a GTX970. I recently updated my Hackintosh from 10.11 to 10.13.1 (I think it should also work for 10.13) through App Store. The system was successfully installed, but I found that it was impossible to log in the system with my GTX970 plugged in -- it always led to black screen (no signal) before the login screen was shown. 
      There are some discussion on InsanelyMac, but none of the solutions proposed worked for me. Here are my experiments:
      Since I am using iMac 15, 1 SMBIOS, I manually modified the AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext so that it would not use the "Config2," or I can't even boot into the system with my IGFX (as we all know, it causes black screen / no signal before login).  AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext is NOT the cause of the problem in my case, although they have the same symptom; before using this solution, check your SMBIOS and AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext. I also put Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext in my Clover, but since they do the same thing as manually modifying Info.plist, I don't think it really matters here. In case of installing a broken Web Driver to my Hackintosh, I enabled SIP before the installation of Nvidia driver. It seemed like it worked: the first time I installed the Web Driver with SIP disabled, as well as after I accidentally removed a kext from /S/L/E and broke the driver, it produced a "gIOScreenLockState 3" problem. One of my guesses: the "gIOScreenLockState 3" is due to a broken or disabled (i.e. forgot to add NvidiaWeb in Clover config) web driver. NVwebDriverLibValFix.kext has no effect. It changed nothing but caused reboot before login when I was using IGFX.  At last, I tried injecting a fake ID for Nvidia (0x00000000) and it WORKS! Go to "Devices" section in Clover Configurator (if you use it) and put 0x00000000 to "NVidia" in the "Fake ID" section, or modify the text of Config.plist like this:
      ... <key>Devices</key> <dict> ... <key>FakeID</key> <dict> <key>NVidia</key> <string>0x00000000</string> </dict> ... </dict> ... Then save, reboot. It should work if you have the same problem with me. 
      Hope this help. If you have any question, leave a reply. I would be glad if I can help someone solve the problem. 
    • By Mac-on-PC
      After upgrade from Sierra to High Sierra I just get a black screen after boot. Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other. I have a AMD Radeon HD5670 graphic card native supported by macOS out-of-the-box until now. What could be wrong? Can someone help. Thanks.
      Mobo:        Gigabyte GA-EG45M-DS2H (rev. 1.0) Intel®G45 + ICH10R Chipset Socket 755
      CPU:          Intel® Core™2 Quad Processor Q9550 (12M Cache, 2.83 GHz, 1333 MHz FSB)
      Graphics:  ASUS AMD ATI Radeon HD 5670 1024 MB
      SMBIOS:   Mac (27-inch, Late 2013)
      Clover:      4220
  • Recent Status Updates

• Bios-PC  »  MaLd0n

Hi MaLd0n
      you helped me with dsdt and everything working fine .
      I fix the audio issue.
      I need to add wifi bcm4360 original apple to dsdt to be  en0 all the time 
      also to add it to pci list.
      and I change from gtx970 to AMD radeon pro rx580 and I have issue with vtencoderxpcservice that make my cpu 300% and high temperature . with Nvidia it doesn't happen.
      I search the internet days and night and try to fix this issue no luck.
      best regards
      · 0 replies
    • DynaFEX  »  MaLd0n

Hi MaLd0n!!
      I just don't know what the hell to do with this issue and I was wondering if you might please have any ideas??
      Sorry to bother you and thanks for all your help!
      · 0 replies
    • mrjayviper  »  e97

hello. Can you please share instructions and files to get OSX working on a dual 2011 setup? you included a link to sixflow but it's not loading anymore. Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • adamfox

I added a video to a @YouTube playlist https://t.co/EXJucl9T8B Go the distance sung by Adam Fox karaoke cover Disney Hurculese
      · 0 replies
    • Mr. Xtreme

Hey, I'm not dead, I've moved over to using the nickname "Mr. Xtreme", and mostly use Linux distros/Windows 10, though it seems I'm gonna have to hackintosh again, so, hey everyone who remembers me! :wave:
      · 0 replies