InsanelyMac Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Isaac Ho

OS X 10.7.3 - 10.8.1 Black Screen Issue

I'm using Lenovo E320 with HD3000 integrated graphics, it's screen turns black during startup or installation. OS X 10.7.3 - 10.8.2 versions. I discovered that to replace the AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext in S/L/E by the one of Lion 10.7.0 can solve this issue. I think this solution may help in 10.8.2 and some laptop models too.

I would like to know other solutions, wish you would share your experiences.

More details of the above issue:

Hardware: Lenovo E320, Intel i3-3250M, HM65 Express Chipset, HD3000 integrated graphics

Symptom:

Lion 10.7.0:

both install and bootup without problem

Lion 10.7.3 - M. Lion 10.8.1:

1. built-in LCD screen turns black during startup or installation.

2. if a monitor is attached with HDMI port, both built-in screen and HDMI monitor work fine all the time

Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By wojko
      Hello! I have a problem installation UniBootX bootloader. When I tried start bootloader with pendrive I see only black screen. Any ideas? My config:
      1.Toshiba Satellite U920T
      2.Intel Core i5 3317u with SSE2, SSE3
      3. HM76
      4. Intel® HD Graphics 4000
      5. Resolutons : 1366 x 768
      6. Realtek High Definition Audio
      7.Intel Centrino Wireless N 2230
      8. No DVD
      9. Dysk SSD 120GB AHCI one partition
      10. Mouse USB 3.0
    • By coscos
      I recently set up my hackintosh. Everything else works fine, the only issue is my monitor cannot come back from sleep.
      Symptom: 
      If I click the "sleep" menu manually, the system goes to sleep fine. After the system sleeps for a while (more than a few mins, I guess it's called "deep sleep"), when I try to wake it up, the monitor wakes up but stays black screen. The machine is on. If I leave the system to time out and sleep by itself, only the monitor goes off; when I try to wake it up, same symptom as above.
      What I have tried (but none worked):
      additional boot flag: ngfxpatch=pikera additional boot flag: darkwake = 0 Customize EDID
      Specs:
      Motherboard: Gigabyte Z77x-UD5H BIOS: F16j CPU: Ivy Bridge i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz (quad core) Graphics: Nvidia GTX 1050 Monitor: Dell P2715Q @ 4k / 60Hz, Display Port Wifi / Bluetooth: BCM94360CS with PCIE Onboard GPU: disabled OS: High Sierra 10.13.3
      Please see attached for following files:
      EFI zip file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8nun37msu9b1bva/EFI.zip?dl=0 I generated my own SSDT.aml using ssdtPRGen.sh; Other SSDT patches are copied from this repository: https://github.com/VoiletDragon/Z77X-UD5H-Clover-Hotpatch-Patches ioreg dump: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5a10k82guczaaws/macchiato.ioreg.zip?dl=0 result from following command: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0b22qcw79ovnjdg/kext-touch.txt.zip?dl=0 kextstat|grep -y acpiplat kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu kextstat|grep -y applelpc kextstat|grep -y applehda sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
      I am looking forward to your suggestions. Thanks.
    • By tomh117
      When I turn on my PC it will show Clover on the 1080p monitor and the other two DP monitors will go into standby, if I boot OSX like this then all monitors will black screen instead of showing the login screen. The DP monitors will go into an endless loop of trying to get a signal and saying "Display Port" like they do when looking for a singal and the 1080p DVI one will just display a black screen. The system is not hung, I can still ssh into it.

The only way for me to successfully boot and have all 3 monitors work is either to:
      fully turn off both DP monitors, boot only with DVI until log in screen, then turn on both DP monitors
      manually turn on both DP monitors while booting but before it comes to the login screen, so they are not in standby
      But if I just let it start normally it without doing either it black screens.
      The same thing also happens when I'm already logged in and have it running successfully and turn off all monitors and come back later. Usually (8 out of 10 times) when I turn them all on it works again, but the other 2 times all of them start to black screen the same way. It seems the most consistent way to avoid that is to turn both DP monitors on at the same time.

What I've tried so far:
      SMBIOS 14.2, 15.1, and MacPro 6.1 (the current one), none of that helped.
      Lilu.kext + NvidiaGraphicsFixup
      Patching AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/Contents/Info.plist and setting everything to none
      Switching the 1080p monitor to HDMI but that was the same, can't switch the DP monitors really since they are 4k and need DP.
      Nothing had any effect.

My setup:
      i7 4790k, GA-Z97X-UD3H, 32gb
      980Ti (reference card) driver 378.10.10.10.25.104 (should be the latest one)
      2x Samsung 4k monitor (Display Port)
      1x 1080p via DVI
    • By TommyV6
      Hi, on my gear (i7-3770 16GB GA-Z77X-UD3H GTX 760 2GB) Web Driver works only 1-3 reboots after instalation. After this I`m geting black screen in middle of loading. I can login remotly to my machine when screen is black. After rebuilding cache manualy or with kext Utility screen work again!   I have MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 with all updates nVidia Web Driver 378.05.05.25f04 installad Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext On macos default driver I`m getting same results.   Latest Clovers is my boot loader.   How I can fix this up permanently ?  
    • By giacomo.dessi2303
      Buongiorno a tutti sono un nuovo utente del forum e avrei bisogno di aiuto. Ho installato sierra sul mio laptop che ha le seguenti caratteristiche:
      Scheda video: intel hd graphics 3000 + NVIDIA GeForce GT 720M (so già che la scheda Nvidia non funzionerà)
      Scheda audio: Intel High Definition Audio
      Scheda di rete: 802.11b/g/n

Questo è ciò che funziona e ciò che non funziona:
      Audio (OK)
      WebCam (OK)
      Ethernet (OK)
      Graphics (OK)
      Touchpad (OK)
      Keyboard (OK)
      WiFi (OK)
      USB (OK)
      Bootloader (OK)
      Battery (NO)
      Microphone (NO)
      Brightness (NO)
      Bluetooth (NO)
      SD Card Reader (NO)

​Non è che qualcuno di voi riuscirebbe a sistemarmi il DSDT in modo che il  portatile funzioni correttamente con sierra? Grazie in anticipo

CLOVER + DSDT.zip