(Solved )Elantech ps2 trackpad works using Chimera but not using Chameleon

rakusson

4 posts in this topic

I've an Elantech ps2 trackpad in my laptop(see signature below). It was working fine while using Lion. Now, It works only when I boot using Chimera v.1.11 but not using even the latest chameleon(enoch 2050). This is very strange as I was using Chameleon with Lion and there was no problem. I have added these strings attached to identify the device ID (this was done too in Lion and it worked).

<string>ApplePS2MouseDevice</string>
  <key>ProductID</key>
  <string>PNP0F13</string>
  <key>VendorID</key>
  <integer>1452</integer

However, trackpad wont work despite this. but I dont need these strings at all when I use Chimera. Chimera seems to identify my trackpad as if some sort of code is hardcoded in it. Can anybody explain why?

UPDATE:Found two kexts which helped trackpad working in Chameleon. http://www.osx86.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=3191

Edited by rakusson

i used to have this problem but i figured it out

you need to rebuild you kext cache in the place where you have put the appleps2nub and the other kexts via kextutility

i used to have my kexts in the \extra\extension folder

i only need to drag extensions folder to the kext utility app and then write my password then done

reboot

every thing works as it should but no multi touch support

hope it works for you too !

I've an Elantech ps2 trackpad in my laptop(see signature below). It was working fine while using Lion. Now, It works only when I boot using Chimera v.1.11 but not using even the latest chameleon(enoch 2050). This is very strange as I was using Chameleon with Lion and there was no problem. I have added these strings attached to identify the device ID (this was done too in Lion and it worked).

<key>ProductID</key>
  <string>PNP0F13</string>
  <key>VendorID</key>
  <integer>1452</integer

However, trackpad wont work despite this. but I dont need these strings at all when I use Chimera. Chimera seems to identify my trackpad as if some sort of code is hardcoded in it. Can anybody explain why?

<key>ProductID</key>
  <string>PNP0F13</string>
  <key>VendorID</key>
  <integer>1452</integer

You have multitouch on

Elantech ps2 trackpad when boot with chimera v1.11?

What kext as used?

because i use AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext and VoodooPS2Controller.kext and only have multitouch for vertical scroll