InsanelyMac Forum
Sign in to follow this  
motionworks

Hard Drive Stops And Starts ?

Hello All,

I have been using my computer for a long time as an hackintosh. Yesterday i made a clean 10.8 install with my hack. It was the smoothest update i have ever seen before. Everything works great even without DSDT or usb fixes in com.apple...

But i have a small problem. Everytime i starts my computer after apple logo it takes more time than usual and just before login screen and i hear my disks shutting sound. After password they starts again.

Is it normal?

Thanks in advance for help.

Advertisement

This solution fixed my problem! My computer starts very fast without problems now.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=280536

Add this string to org.chameleon.boot.plist

<key>SystemId</key>

<string>**</string>

Replace the

with the key generated from

this site

P.S.: I also installed Chimera, but i think the boot loader is not the problem!

:)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By bojarek8
      Hi! 

I'm Kris!  I hope my topic is in a good section.
      I am asking you guys for help in this difficult hackintosh problem. 
      For a very long time I tried to solve it myself but I have no idea how I can solve this problem.

Description of the problem

My problem is that I do not have access to any apple service. I am unable to log into the App Store using my Apple ID. I am unable to log into iCloud account in system preferences. iMessage and Facetime also do not work.  Messages that I get when I try to log in: "An error occurred during activation. Try again" 

in iMessage: "An error occurred during activation. Try again" 
      in App Store: "This device or computer can not be verified. Contact the support department for help"
      in Face Time: "There was an error during activation. Try again"

In summary, I am unable to log in to any apple network service. 

My Specification 

Motherboard:  Acer MG43M

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU  E7600  3.06GHz

Graphic card: Gigabyte GeForce 9600GT 515MB 

Wi-fi: TP-LINK  TL-WN881ND

Ethernet: (not supported) 

Audio: (rather, it is not needed here)

Files: 

My config.plist: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1vlYJC329sz6yuTwFr-k0fOs3rfhKeI6l

• By ammoune78
      Hey, i have problem of Freezes and Glitches with Intel HD 4400 in High Sierra 10.13.4. I have i5-4300U with the following edits:

OperationRegion (GFXH, PCI_Config, Zero, 0x40) Field (GFXH, ByteAcc, NoLock, Preserve) { VID0, 16, DID0, 16 } Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized) // _DSM: Device-Specific Method { If (LEqual (Arg0, Buffer (0x10) { /* 0000 */ 0xC6, 0xB7, 0xB5, 0xA0, 0x18, 0x13, 0x1C, 0x44, /* 0008 */ 0xB0, 0xC9, 0xFE, 0x69, 0x5E, 0xAF, 0x94, 0x9B })) { If (LNotEqual (And (VID0, 0xFFFF), 0xFFFF)) { Store (Package (0x0E) { "AAPL,slot-name", "Built In", "name", "Intel Graphics Controller", "model", Buffer (0x0E) { "Intel HD 4400" }, "device_type", Buffer (0x14) { "Graphics Controller" }, "compatible", Buffer (0x0C) { "pci8086,412" }, "AAPL,ig-platform-id", Buffer (0x04) { 0x06, 0x00, 0x26, 0x0A }, "hda-gfx", Buffer (0x0A) { "onboard-1" } }, Local0) DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0)) Return (Local0) } } Return (0x80000002) } And using "0x04128086" as FakeID, injecting Intel enabled and using the "0x0A260006" in Clover config.plist.
      Please any suggestion to solve this issue?
      Thanks!
    • By grumpycat1984
      I am doing it under Sierra via VM and system refuses to do this (install to apps), also there is no ption to "buy" El Capitan from store.

If someone give me advice how to make it run I will be very glad.
    • By iammodus
      Hello there,
      a while back I tested El Capitan on an old computer, and had a pleasant first impression. So, I decided to take a spare hard drive and install EC using Clover on my main PC.

The installation went fine, no problem. [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] ran fine, installed all kexts OK.
      I still don't have the Wi-Fi kext (TL-WN722N), apparently someone did one but I have to build it myself. I'll get to that on another moment.

Now, the main issue I'm having is getting both displays to work. Unfortunately, both displays turn out to have only VGA input.

So, I have an i7-4790, with Intel HD4600 integrated graphics, plus a discrete Gigabyte GTX 650. Because the discrete card only has one VGA out, I need to enable the iGPU too in order to be able to use the second port. On Windows, this works fine. Both displays get along without issues.

OS X is a different story though. Only the GTX 650 works. It has full hardware acceleration so that's no longer an issue.
      I'm trying to get the integrated graphics to work at the same time, so I can have both displays operative just like Windows.

Things I've tried:

- FakePCIID
      - IGPlatformID
      - Taking out the discrete GPU. It hangs at boot. Only works in safe mode, but of course that's no use.
      - Setting iGPU as Primary, and here's where things get really weird. The computer boots (Apple logo with loading bar) on the HD4600's monitor, but then this display freezes and the login screen appears on the 650's screen. I attached a screenshot in which I try it with verbose mode, but mind you a normal boot is no different. It really seems like the OS just wants the NVIDIA GPU as primary regardless of my Clover settings.

So, any ideas on how to get this working?

• By Tristana
      Hey all!

The Macbook Pro I used as my main computer is on its last legs, so I decided to cobble together some components I had from other builds into a “new” Windows machine. Thing is, even with some settings modifications and tools like RocketDock, I still miss the behaviors and aesthetic of my Mac ;c

So, I’ve decided to pursue grabbing a new cpu/mobo/ram combo and building a Hackintosh/Windows hybrid machine. I had a couple questions regarding my boot drive, though.

1. If the motherboard I select supports booting from an NVMe/PCIe M.2 SSD, can I boot macOS High Sierra from it? Will it necessitate a tool like Clover to do so? (I'm currently eyeing the ASRock Z270M Pro4, if that's relevant)

2. If I partition this drive into two parts, can I format them separately for each OS- e.g. HFS+ on one half for macOS, NTFS or exFAT for Windows on the other? If not, can macOS be installed on an exFAT drive?