ShadowPhoenix

43 posts in this topic

No it's fine, actually it's works well JamesLittler, thank you :)

I just have some little questions. Let's say I installed OS X on a hard disk and Windows on SSD. I also have another hard drive for Windows 7 (music, images, videos).

...Do you think that if I plugged them in the same time and insert a dual-boot (Chameleon, by putting the hard drive as primary boot OSX.) do they will work?

...If, for example, I start OS X, do the other drives will they be affected by OS X (SSD and HDD Windows 7) or they will only be disabled (turn off) ? Because I'm too afraid that OS X can write on my other hard drives and the corrompres them since I have important files.

...Also, is that run OS X is he good for the health of my computer and my other drives (SSD W7, HDD W7) ? The dual-boot does not risk damaging my computer hardrive (CPU, Graphics Card, Motherboard) ?

I'm a little paranoid, but this is all new to me, so I prefer to know everything about everything :)

Oh yeah also, a few hours ago, I installed my second monitor. Everything worked very well. But when restart my PC (with two monitors installed), I had a small problem. My computer got stuck on a white screen.

If I started up my PC with a single screen, everything works fine. I just need to reconnect the second monitor when I'm on the OSX desktop so I can use both screens. Is there a solution for this ?

And finally, is there a solution to improve the precision of my mouse ? Because on OSX, I feel that it isn't too reactive, and accurate that Windows 7 does. I have heard of hardware acceleration, is this what gives the comfort to the mouse?

Plug in all your drives, make sure the drive with Chameleon is set to primary.

Chameleon will boot and show ALL bootable partitions, pick which one you want and hit enter.

You're drives will be fine unless you do something stupid like format one of them.

For your mouse sensitivity, what is it? USB, PS2 Bluetooth, Optical, Laser.....?

Have a look in system preferences, you can adjust the sensitivity just like in any other OS.

Thanks for your reply :)

My mouse is a G700, a laser mouse.

Ok, with regard to hard drives, that comforts me. I'm just not format anywhere.

And according to you, do you think OS X is it healthy for components of my computer ? It will don't heat up more than usual and will not degrade performance ? (i7 3770k, GTX 680, Asus Maximus V Formula)

At the same time, the dual boot is not going to damage my computer ?

Do you think is there a solution to the problem of dual monitor ?

OS X is fine health wise.

I haven't booted windows in nearly a year on mine but from what I remember it runs at about the same temps as OS X..

I'm sure you could fix the monitor issue with either an efi string, a dsdt mod or a kext edit.

Thank hugely JamesLittler, rockinron_1, TheRacerMaster and also InsanelyMac community ! Thank you for your friendliness and patience you have given me.

Don't change anything, you are the best forum for people seeking OSX on Windows !

Thank you very much again, you were such a great help !

• Like 1

So ?

How this hack is going ?

The 82579V is functional, just put inside the IONetworkingFamily.kext (plugins) : AppleIntelE1000e.kext ; already done ? ok ;)

Do you have a Windows partition ?

I will need a HWMonitor or OpenHardwareMonitor dump if you don't mind. I'd like to add the support of our board inside SuperIOSensors to monitor it.

Do you think you could transmit me that ?

Thanks,

TRD

EDIT : By the way, those games were fabulous

tumblr_m8miicoshJ1qb6v54o1_500.jpg

• Like 1

Hey,

This is great, thank you very much :)

I will forward a .plist to Kozlek for the support of the MVF in HWMonitor.

I just know those Asus laptops for Gamers are highly compliant with OS X :) I can't tell for this specific model though :)

EDIT : Do you speak French ?