Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kalyiatkos

Intel HD 3000 after 10.7.4

1 post in this topic

I had Lion working with my Intel HD 3000 Graphics (DEV 0x0116) and after the 10.7.4 update it boots fine and then flashes blue for a second and goes blank. If HDMI is plugged the screen comes alive and works till next reboot. This is a vanilla install using the latest FakeSMC and Chimera.

Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Announcements

• Similar Content

• By poisson-myfish
      So I have some less powerful hardware, that's why I'm installing High Sierra in 2020. Anyway, I'm trying to boot from the USB and I get the following errors:
      00:000 00:000 OCB: Missing DMG signature, aborting 00:585 00:585 OCB: LoadImage failed - Unsupported That's it. The logs begin and end there. The rest of the file is zeroes.

Bootloader: OpenCore 0.5.9 Release
      Drivers:
      HfsPlus.efi
      OpenRuntime.efi

Kexts:
      AppleALC.kext
      Lilu.kext
      RealtekRTL8111.kext
      SMCBatteryManager.kext
      SMCLightSensor.kext
      SMCProcessor.kext
      SMCSuperIO.kext
      VirtualSMC.kext
      WhateverGreen.kext

ACPI:
      SSDT-EC.aml
      SSDT-HPET.aml
      SSDT-PLUG.aml
      Note: I used SSDTTime to make the DSDT dumps for this exact computer

Hardware:
      Intel Core i3 (Haswell)
      An Intel VGA-Compatible Haswell iGPU
      An nVidia Geforce 920m GPU (part of the reason for installing High Sierra)
      USB: Intel 8 Series USB xHCI HC
      SATA: Intel 8 series SATA Controller

If you need more details, here's my laptop https://www.asus.com/Laptops/X540LJ/ . I have the 512GB version with 4GB of RAM

I found a lot of forum posts about people having the same error, except nothing solved mine. Also, I haven't found anything online about the error with the Missing DMG Signature.

EDIT: If anybody needs my config.plist, feel free to ask for it and I'll happily post it
    • By ajpadovani
      I am really at my wits end here. I am hoping someone on here with more experience with UEFI and boot loaders might be able to provide insight into an otherwise inexplicable problem I am having with a brand-new system built around the ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PLUS. My gut tells me the problem is somehow related to UEFI settings, Secure boot, or some combination, but I really have no idea if that is the case.

The problem is two-fold. First, my system will only boot to a device (e.g., USB stick) under two conditions: 1) no SATA drive is plugged in or 2) when a specific SSD is plugged in (I'll refer to this as SSD1). I have three other hard drives that otherwise work (I have tested them in another system). None of them have Windows installed, though some do have existing data partitions. One of the three is a brand-new, never-been-used 1TB SSD. If I plug in any of these three other hard drives, the system will reboot immediately after POST. However, if SSD1 is plugged in it will boot to a USB stick - UEFI or Legacy, doesn't matter.

Secondly, if I attempt to create a partition, run a surface test, or install an OS to SSD1, the system immediately reboots. I can format SSD1, change volume sizes, run a surface scan, but only in a live linux environment - if I plug SSD1 into another machine as a secondary data drive (i.e., I boot to my primary boot volume), the other machine will blue screen when loading into Windows. If it is attached to this new machine, it will boot to a USB stick just fine.

I have also enabled Hot Plug, which allows me to access SATA drives that I plug in after boot. If I hot plug the brand-new 1TB SSD during a live linux distro, the drive shows up and I can see its properties. However, if I try to do something like create a partition or run a surface test, the machine will also immediately reboot.

Does anyone have any idea as to what might cause this? The only thing that I can think of that explains both problems is some kind of secure boot-like security feature, but I haven't been able to figure out how to confirm whether that is the case. In 20 years of building computers I have never even heard of anything like this. I am new to EFI systems, however, so I'm quite out of my element - this is the first EFI-based system I've set up.
    • By PropoFlexWX4
      After hearing that OpenCore is so much better than Clover, and that it will probably be able to boot Big Sur before Clover does, I decided to take the jump.

Running Catalina 10.15.5 18F101 with OC 0.5.9.

So far I like the result. The OS feels faster, boots faster.
      And absolutely everything works (sleep, network, etc...)

So, that's it? Is there anything else I have to do?
    • By BALDY_MAN
      I thought it would be fun. to see peoples OLD fatefull. Hackintoshes. (you know the one. that alway updates easy. and just runs.  Here,s mine

• By ThomasMattOnline
      Hello Everyone,

Trying to get Hardware Acceleration working on my Hackintosh (HEVC Support) however I am such a noob, OpenCore is very new to me and would love some support.
      I have included screenshots and the EFI that is currently working on my System, I have USB 2 & 3.0 all working, however, the only thing I can fault is my GPU not being hardware acceleration enabled.

Final Cut Pro X - Recognises GPU
      VideoProc - Doesn't recognise anything.

(I am running the latest version of OpenCore 0.5.9)

Things I've tried: I tried following the post https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/catalina-10-15-2-update-lost-hevc-h265-acceleration.288563/ - No Luck
      I have also tried: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/activate-amd-hardware-acceleration.2180095/page-53?post=28255048#post-28255048 - No luck either!

My friend online tells me I shouldn't need such Kext as he has the same build as me but when I load his EFI on my system it boots with no USB 2 or 3.0 (I'm keeping his EFI off here as I've uploaded mine.)

Please note: I appreciate all (any) pieces of advice and please do bear in mind that I am a noob and may need whatever you say simplifying as I can get easily confused.

config.plist