19 posts in this topic

So I've succesfully installed Mountain Lion (except for some problems regarding audio and iCloud). But it takes more than a minute to boot. It hangs at Waiting for DSMOS for about 30 seconds :S

What can I do to fix this problem? Thank you very much!

Ok,where you install Puma?On Acer one or Rampage?Where? :wallbash:

• Like 1

What are you talking about? Did you read my post? It says that is slow "Waiting for DSMOS" not loading kexts lol

He asked you what hardware your using so that maybe someone can help you. Having it in your sig would be best. Anyhow until then, verify permissions are correct for / should be root:wheel and newer version of fakesmc is being used

I have even slower boot time it takes forever before it boots up. Nothing happens before I see the leds for my drives light up and I get a feeling its not the HDDs but the DVDs.

I have the Asus P6 T SE and i7 930 and SSD drives. In Lion it boots in seconds, its very fast.

Im using the latest Chameleon.

It is another thing.......

Create your stik with the same your Lion metod,and take the same Extra folder,DSDT,Kext or copy from working :wink2:

No need to touch video driver,original is the best ,i have 4870 and work like sharm with Pumas kext...

I have almost the exact same problem (+70 sec time to boot)

what I did:

• I changed FakeSMC to 2.5, remove all plugins, move all kext extra to S\L\E
  • Start with Use Kernel Cache
  • Check DSDT
  • Add NullCPUPowerManagement

on board:

• ICH10 2 HDD,
  • JMicron DVD + external HDD eSATA,

my extra

jnbV6gMXcpRgy.png

org.chameleon.Boot

iyPDPGibxnHWl.png

KP - there was when I moved extra kest to S\L\E\

xpok6o.jpg

As of now. I haven't solved the problem... I don't know what should I do. The other problem I have is that iCloud is not working with my Wi-Fi dongle.

This is for your problem:Generate UUID FIX waiting DSMOS:http://www.famkruithof.net/uuid/uuidgen

Add this string to org.chameleon.boot.plist

<key>SystemId</key>

<string>**</string>

Replace the ** with the key generated from this site

Credits Giofrida

• Like 1

Marucins-your problem not even similar, you have KP, need to roll back both IOPCIFamily and ApplaeACPIPlatform from SL, and install your kexts to s/l/e not e/e

ajentj-icloud needs ethernet recognized as en0 and built-in, nothing to do with wifi

Hey gui, eep357 call you two time to rollback these two kext-need to roll back both IOPCIFamily and ApplaeACPIPlatform from SL,but maybe you follow another way to install?i dont understand why...

Marucins-your problem not even similar, you have KP, need to roll back both IOPCIFamily and ApplaeACPIPlatform from SL, and install your kexts to s/l/e not e/e

ajentj-icloud needs ethernet recognized as en0 and built-in, nothing to do with wifi

I have ethernet on en0 and builtin but it don't work....

iFire, i will try what you recomended :)

EDIT: Thank you iFire!! It worked!! Now I only have to fix iCloud! :D

EDIT 2: iFire!! Your fix has fixed iCloud to!! You're the best!! :D