14 posts in this topic

Hi everybody :)

I've installed Snow Leopard 10.6.8 on my PC with the Realtek ALC888 soundcard. To get it working, I've tried Azalia and Voodoo audio kexts; they work, but with a bothersome noise.

I've tried also a lot of kexts that I've found on the web, but without success.

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance.

Two kexts should fix your problem: AppleHDA.kext from 10.6.2 and ALC8xxHDA.kext. Install the earlier AppleHDA in S/L/E and the other can be in either Extensions in Extra or S/L/E.

Do a google search for "applehda rollback" and you should find the kexts.

Two kexts should fix your problem: AppleHDA.kext from 10.6.2 and ALC8xxHDA.kext. Install the earlier AppleHDA in S/L/E and the other can be in either Extensions in Extra or S/L/E.

Do a google search for "applehda rollback" and you should find the kexts.

Unfortunately it doesn't work. :(

However, I need a solution without the DSDT patch because my VGA works only with an ATI ROM and perhaps using the DSDT I'll lose the QE/CI :(

Thank you but I've already tried AzaliaAudio without success. As VoodooHDA, the sound is not clean and there's a noise. :(

Open the Midi Setup from the Utilities folder and change the format to something else till you get it right. I changed mine to 44100.0 Hz

Open the Midi Setup from the Utilities folder and change the format to something else till you get it right. I changed mine to 44100.0 Hz

Nothing, everything I do there's always this bothersome background noise. But it isn't exactely a noise... there's like a distortion of the sounds, with some interruption.

Moreover, I have a 5.1 Speaker System and in "System Preferences/Sound" I can see that only the front speakers are identified.

Are there, in your opinion, other ways to get my sound card working without DSDT? :unsure:

Forgive my ignorance, but I'd like to try the app "HDA Wizard". Does it work without DSDT too?

If yes, what must I put in the "Platforms.xml", "LayoutXXX.xml" and "Info.plist" fields?

Thank you.

Okay I tried this when I had lag and noise in my sound...this worked perfectly, just make sure you install the entire package and follow instructions exactly. Hope this helps.

http://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=454

• 4 weeks later...

hello

try this

people are reporting working too with alc888

AppleHDA alc887 Lion

zip.gifapplehda887.zip

1.33MB

127 download

http://www.insanelym...howtopic=248914

install all pack in s/l/e

repair permissions with disk util

reboot

good hack

Thank you, but it doesn't worked for me :(

Okay I tried this when I had lag and noise in my sound...this worked perfectly, just make sure you install the entire package and follow instructions exactly. Hope this helps.

http://olarila.com/f....php?f=18&t=454

This method partially worked for me; I've edited my Info.plist, now my sound card works and there's no noise, but the sound crackles and if I change my settings in "Audio MIDI Setup" I got the same.

Moreover, I can't change the speakers settings from "Stereo" to "5.1 Surround" and only the front speakers are recognized.

I can't believe that I can't solve this problem.. :fiery::(