Best Distro for my computer to dual boot with windows 7?

RedRazor

17 posts in this topic

What would be the most compatible hackintosh distro to dualboot with windows 7 (windows 7 being already installed) for my computer?

Specs;

MotherBoard: M4A785-M

Processor: AMD Anthlon™ II X3 425

Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 4650

Sound: VIA High Definition Audio

Network: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

Keyboard/mouse: Logitech (wireless) EX100

Hmm. Every time I boot with hazard 10.6.1-10.6.2 intel/amd I get to the black screen at the start up of the dvd and it restarts my pc (even with achi enabled). I tried pressing f8 and typing in -v -f cpus=1 busratio=20 and it still restarts. Is my windows install interrupting this? I have partitioned my HDD into two sections.

Just so you know, distros are only going to cause you more trouble than you can imagine. Trust me. They don't work well. I have a retail installation guide in my signature.

Hi PookyMacMan, I attempted to follow your guide. I have ran into a slight problem. After I put in my retail copy of my Mac OS X Install DVD version 10.6.6 and press enter I get stuck. It keeps attempting to detect or setup my graphics card. The screen just sits there. What should I do?

Hey guys, sorry for taking so long to respond. I have tried using verbose mode with various commands. No matter what I do I always get stuck at this screen. Btw I am using the Imac Mac OS X install dvd (10.6.6) that came with the mac. Would that be my problem? Do I need to use the disk with the snow leopard on it?

143qols.jpg

Hey guys, well I was able to get to two distros to work. One by IPC and one by IATKOS_v7. The only problem was the sound and video driver. I have tried to use vodoo sound, but that gives me kernal panic. And the other Azulla driver could not find my logitec speakers, so no sound there. The video driver I found one but it was for a more updated IATKOS S3 and I didn't have that one installed at the time.