Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  

Dell Inspiron N5110 (15R) Dual Boot Windows 7 and Mac OS X-iAtkos method-help please!

2 posts in this topic

Hi, I recently got a new laptop, Dell n5110, which packs an Intel Core i5 @2.4 GHz (Sandy Bridge, second generation), 4GB of RAM (gonna be upgraded soon to 8GB ;) ) and an nVidia 525 w/ 1GB RAM. I already got WIndows 7 Ultimate on it and I would like to install the iAtkos Mountain Lion Developer Preview on it. The only issue is that I've also tried installing iAtkos L1 and L2 (had no luck, it tells me to start the magic trackpad or mouse, I also tried to plug in my USB mouse before booting, and the cursor moves, but the installation still tells me it doesn't detect anything) and S3V2 (doesn't work, on disc boot it gives me a kernel panic-"cpu(s) failing to respond to interrupts" or smth like that). I haven't yet tried iAtkos V7 but I don't intend to, because it's just useless, I think. Is there any chance that it could work if I tried booting the latest iAtkos with Mountain Lion? I really have no ideas left... I may try installing Lion with an ###### and a burned DVD, but I have to find all the kexts and everything..

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By joedm ru
      I'm trying to install 10.13.3 for iMacPro on SATA SSD. The motherboard is ASUS WS X299 PRO.
      The installation process hangs when 'less than a minute left' is displayed on screen. The last messages I can see in the installation log are at the picture attached to this post.
      If I then reset the system and boot what was installed I can continue the installation. Unfortunately, it stucks at the end again. Next, if I try to boot what was finally installed I can even get to working system. But I cannot install the updates because of the same hanging at the end!
      This is not relevant to:
      APFS or HFS+ - both hang Locked or unlocked MSR 0xE2 - both cases hang Special build for iMacPro or ordinary build - installing both builds hang Flash drive prepared using 'createinstallmedia', BDU or using RecoveryHD - all hang USB drive failure or disconnected USB port. I rule that out by installing from recovery partition with all USB drives disconnected. It is not a SATA disk issue. Tried to install using another SSD drive. Hangs. Also tried to install on HDD - hangs. Changing to iMac18,3 did not help as well. Lastest dev beta (common) did not fix it - hangs. Please help me to figure out what's wrong.
      My config file is attached.
      Moving a bit further... The first stage of installation goes fine in Safe Mode (-x). Installation log indicates the same log message and after that it reboots immediately. Seems to be a normal behaviour. However, the second stage ("install macOS from <volume>") still hangs. Running the second stage in Safe Mode panics with "process 1 exec of /sbin/launchd failed".
      SOLVED. It turned out that "hardware" NVRAM doesn't work with AptioMemoryFix on this motherboard. But works in Safe Mode. This is weird but it's true. Fallback to OsxAptioFixDrv2 + EmuVariableUEFIDrv solved my problem. Installation now finished just fine.

• By MikixIT
      Salve a tutti ho installato OSX, Sierra 10.12.6 (16G29), grazie a questo forum
      Ho installato tutti i Kext necessari da Nvidia a quelli per l'audio HDMI,ethernet ecc..
      L'unico problema che  Mouse e tastiera USB collegati ad un hub FUNZIONANO, mentre senza hub usb non funzionano nelle altre porte, NELLE ALTRE PORTE PERO' FUNZIONANO PEN DRIVE USB,ho provato vari kext in rete mentre il Forum era in manutenzione
      Ma non riesco a farli funzionare su altre porte,vi allego La mia EFI( http://www.mediafire.com/file/mimomvp1on4ys58/EFI-MikixIT 12%3A03%3A2018.zip) E vari screen del mio OSX con info varie

• By zafirofx
      Hi everyone. I installed MacOS High Sierra on my computer 3 months ago, in January. After a long way to get the computer fully working now I'm facing a new problem: imagine I'm working or doing something in my computer and it suddenly freezes and I have to restart it.  There's no reason why the computer restarts by itself...
      Here I also attach my Clover EFI folder in case you need it (it doesn't allow me to attach it so here i give you the link: https://mega.nz/#!92xCiLDZ!WY1F55ZvuP-9WW369EP9KY-3hNLt5sWUgJDxPrbgpPM .
      Thank you in advance.
    • By MikixIT
      Hi guys
      i need help for this kernel panic its the first hackintosh for me
      I posted photo error
      my spec: i7 720qm,gt 730 2 gb ddr3 msi,8 gb ram
      its a desktop
      Pls help me

• By End3rPwr50
      Hi, I wanted to install macOs 10.13 on my notebook.
      Here are the technical specifications:
      -Intel i7 6500U 2.50GHz Skylake (CPU)
      -12GB ram dd4 (RAM)
      -hp 81EC (MOTHERBOARD) with BIOS insyde F09
      -Intel HD Graphics 520 - AMD Radeon R7 M440 (Graphics cards)
      -Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller (Ethernet)
      -Broadcom BCM43142 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi M.2 Adapter (Wifi and Bluetooth)
      -Realtek High Definition Audio - Audio Intel® per schermi(HDMI)
      Thanks in advance