AMD Radeon HD 6650M / Graphics Enabler / DSDT / HDMI Audio / Acer Aspire 7750G - 2674G50Mnkk [Gradients Fixed]

Trucker MK

973 posts in this topic

Just tested:

AtiPorts=4

HDMI->No GUI,I can interact with the computer
Computer Monitor-> black and backlighted screen

AtiPorts=3

HDMI->GUI,it recognizes only the external monitor
Computer Monitor-> completly dead

I tried with the HDMI cable plugged in since the boot and not

AtiPorts=3 && Hdmi unplegged since boot => Computer screen = black and backlighted

bux_booga,

I could kiss you!! :-)

Patching my DSDT with your PEGP.dsl works perfectly. I did change the framebuffer in the patch to ipomoea, and edited the ATI6000Controller.kext to match your osmunda hex data. It now boots to a clear, accelerated graphics screen every time! Sleep also works perfectly. I'll be testing HDMI and VGA next but I'm confident it will work. I may also look into further DSDT edits to get HDMI audio working, there is a thread on tonymacx86 on this. Just one question, how did you discover how to add the ATI graphics info your DSDT? Thanks again.

Pentahex =) glad to help)

VGA with this personality works fine. But I have no way to test HDMI.

These DSDT-sections, I found all little by little. Basically, it's my numerous attempts. =)

And question to you: Do you have a problem with 16 bit color?

To test, just open this image. Do you see a sharp gradient?

Hi all, first to thank Trucker, Bux Booga, Pentahex and all their predecessors, that have advanced so much in the 6650m issue.

I have installed OSX in 3 PC,s: a desktop one (with nvidia graphics and Lion10. 7.3), a netbook (MSI Wind clone with Snow Leo) and one Acer Aspire laptop (7750G) 10.7.3.

In the two first cases things were quick and without big problems but with the 7750G i have problems to enable QE/CI. When i boot with GraphicsEnabler=No, I have an usable system but without acceleration: no iphoto, no videos, ....

When i boot with GraphicsEnabler=Yes (Trucker kexts and boot) I get the same situation that Pentahex had (one in twenty perfect start and the rest black backlight on screens) or garbled screens with vertical lines pixel displacements, and the ocasional Kpanic. When i have bad screen starts, usually i can work from the desktop hacktingtosh, sharing the screen.

I have the 7750G variant with the i5-2410m CPU and the 1G 6650m card. I have not tried the DSDT way because i don´t know how to get one for my laptop, but i have seen that my configuration and the Bux Booga´s one are simmilar.

Bux, would you be so kind to post or pm me the DSDT file and a quick instruction about how to put it in place?

thanks a lot

luis

And question to you: Do you have a problem with 16 bit color?

To test, just open this image. Do you see a sharp gradient?

I do see bands of colors fading from blue to black in the right upper and left lower corners, but not a smooth transition.

Hi all, first to thank Trucker, Bux Booga, Pentahex and all their predecessors, that have advanced so much in the 6650m issue.

I have installed OSX in 3 PC,s: a desktop one (with nvidia graphics and Lion10. 7.3), a netbook (MSI Wind clone with Snow Leo) and one Acer Aspire laptop (7750G) 10.7.3.

In the two first cases things were quick and without big problems but with the 7750G i have problems to enable QE/CI. When i boot with GraphicsEnabler=No, I have an usable system but without acceleration: no iphoto, no videos, ....

When i boot with GraphicsEnabler=Yes (Trucker kexts and boot) I get the same situation that Pentahex had (one in twenty perfect start and the rest black backlight on screens) or garbled screens with vertical lines pixel displacements, and the ocasional Kpanic. When i have bad screen starts, usually i can work from the desktop hacktingtosh, sharing the screen.

I have the 7750G variant with the i5-2410m CPU and the 1G 6650m card. I have not tried the DSDT way because i don´t know how to get one for my laptop, but i have seen that my configuration and the Bux Booga´s one are simmilar.

Bux, would you be so kind to post or pm me the DSDT file and a quick instruction about how to put it in place?

thanks a lot

luis

It's not a good idea to use dsdt file from another computer, you need to extract one from yours. Download this tool. In general you need to extract dsdt.dsl, compile/fix errors/ compile to dsdt.aml , apply some patches and than you can replace the PEGP section in your dsdt with the patch from bux_booga.

macluishj, You are lucky man =) I have the same laptop. Here is my DSDT with some patches.

You should patch AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext to make your processor work. If you use VoodooHDA.kext, you should delete patches from Device (HDEF). And my video section is designed fro framebuffer Osmunda.

Pentahex I want to fix it. If you find solution, please post here.

dsdt.aml.zip

Thanks for your help bux_booga, sleep finaly works, I am also using your dsdt patch, I only changed (edit: transmitter to 0x10) framebuffer to Ipomoea and VRAM to 2 GB ( 0x00, 0x00, 0x00,0x80) , the 16 bit color problem remains.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk

Edited by Trucker MK

SUCCESS

6650M on Acer Aspire 7750G working on internal LVDS with QE/CI enabled

Big thanks to those masters that helped me to arrive here: bcc9, mucha, pentahex and special big thanks to trucker and bux booga.

Fisrt I tried to use the DSDT provided by box booga, After a KP solved by backupping VoodooHDA kext and deleting it, I began to make tests trying different approaches with GE=Yes, boot provided by trucker, ATY Init from Pentahex, the different versions of ATI6000controllers. At the end i was so confused and the system so unstable that i decided to begin again. I think that many of the problems could be caused by incompatibilities between bux's DSDT and the kexts that i had previously installed.

I restored a clean 10.7.3 image and decided to extract a new DSDT and compile it applying the bux booga patch (changing from Osmunda to Ipomoea). It was hard to eliminate the compilation errors and warnings but with the help of my friend Google, i was able to do it.

The result, i had exactly the same problems than before: occasional good starts but most of the times black or garbled screens. Then i decided to change the connector info for LVDS.

I had installed the trucker provided boot and ATI6000 controller next and attacked this last one with an hex editor (hex fiend) I located the numbers sequence of LVDS connector provided by trucker in a previous post and substituted it for the numbers sequence used by bux-booga. This was the magic trick. After this I have a perfect working, functional and graphically accelerated system.

Note 1: I didn´t make any modification to the HDMI and VGA connector info but I have make some tests and I can have duplicated or extended screens with HDMI but not VGA (this last is not working). The only problem with the HDMI is that I can not get sound from it, but that is a problem for the future, not now, I think that I will not use normally the external video ports, perhaps occasionally to show photos at the TV.

Note 2: Bux, I have not detected problems with distorted color, either with the LVDS, not the HDMI output.

Ok, let's make it clear. My kexts are all with transmitter/encoder 20/01 because that's the only way LVDS was working without bux_booga's dsdt patch. For those who want to use the dsdt patch with my kexts ( I am using it), transmitter/encoder must be changed to 10/01 and the name of the framebuffer in dsdt from Osmunda to Ipomoea, otherwise it's not working. I will update by tomorrow night all kexts, with my Ipomoea personality and bux_booga's Osmunda personality ( if i have his permission) for 2 install methods, with and without dsdt patch, all in one kext.

About the VGA extended desktop: It was working fine for me with transmitter/encoder 20/01 and the hotplug IDs i used, LVDS 00, HDMI 04, VGA 01, but I haven't tested yet with the dsdt patch and transmitter/encoder 10/01.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @ all

I have installed Lion without problems. Everything works. But I´m only have 5Mb on my Graphic (1600x900). And no Framebuffer loaded. So i cant even watch youtube vids.

My Card is: Radeon HD 6650m 1Gb

Vendor 0x1002

Device: 0x6741

ID: 0x05131025

The ID is listed in the ati6000 kext and in a (???)X3000(something like that...)

i boot with GraphicsEnabler=Yes / =NO I try every personality.....Read all Posts I found. Try different "Bootfiles" with different 6000kexts.....still the same Problem.

I read this

http://tonymacx86.co...5a1b144c3101ef:

http://www.insanelym...howtopic=253557

http://www.insanelym...howtopic=252061

http://www.insanelym...howtopic=249642

http://www.insanelym...howtopic=277042

i try the aty...with the kext for 10.7.3(with my id the first one under install methods) but without the editoring of the personalitys because i dont understand this and i can´t work with hex editor.... I boot about 70Times 3times my card works perfect on lvd no idea about vga and hdmi. the other 67times double vison or blackscreen. Its strange.. for example Caretta works on the first boot...i thought yes i did it...check the card in Profile everything is good....reboot...blackscreen with the same options...reboot doublevision.....on Colobas and kakapo the same....so i try one personality that give me a blackscreen before....this time doublevision.....

How is it possible the same flags the same options.....but first time black the double then after 10times perfect screen.....

Please I need help...i waste 4days on this {censored}....

Sorry for my bad english

I have a ATI Saphire HD 5450 w. HDMI Audio VID 1002 | DID AA01 | SubSys 00AA0100. Does any of you know how to make HDMI audio working, either via DSDT entries, or otherwise AppleHDA/ VoodooHDA patching?

Re. framebuffer/ DVD Player not launching:

The trick (thanks to machinist) might be to find the correct PCIRootUID value via

ioreg -l | grep -15 "AppleACPIPCI" | grep "_UID"

which will output a # (known values betw. 0 and 4, but higher values might appear)

then enter that value into the org.chameleon plist as follows:

<key>PCIRootUID</key>

<string>ur#</string>

also make sure you have the following entries in your plist

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>AtiConfig</key>

<string>YourCard'sDefaultFBHere</string>

remove *ANY* EFI strings from device properties (best delete kex/string)

save

delete *any* grfx enablers from E/E and S/L/E

delete extension (if present) AND (mandatory step here!) kernel caches, in Lion: /System/Library/Caches/Startup

make sure you have a current Chameleon bootloader installed (e.g. via Chameleon Wizard, or Chimera)

reboot

see if EVERYTHING works (res. changes/ QE-CI e.g. by launching Chess/ multi-monitors/ DVD Player)

Hi @ all

I have installed Lion without problems. Everything works. But I´m only have 5Mb on my Graphic (1600x900). And no Framebuffer loaded. So i cant even watch youtube vids.

My Card is: Radeon HD 6650m 1Gb

Vendor 0x1002

Device: 0x6741

ID: 0x05131025

The ID is listed in the ati6000 kext and in a (???)X3000(something like that...)

i boot with GraphicsEnabler=Yes / =NO I try every personality.....Read all Posts I found. Try different "Bootfiles" with different 6000kexts.....still the same Problem.

I read this

http://tonymacx86.co...5a1b144c3101ef:

http://www.insanelym...howtopic=253557

http://www.insanelym...howtopic=252061

http://www.insanelym...howtopic=249642

http://www.insanelym...howtopic=277042

i try the aty...with the kext for 10.7.3(with my id the first one under install methods) but without the editoring of the personalitys because i dont understand this and i can´t work with hex editor.... I boot about 70Times 3times my card works perfect on lvd no idea about vga and hdmi. the other 67times double vison or blackscreen. Its strange.. for example Caretta works on the first boot...i thought yes i did it...check the card in Profile everything is good....reboot...blackscreen with the same options...reboot doublevision.....on Colobas and kakapo the same....so i try one personality that give me a blackscreen before....this time doublevision.....

How is it possible the same flags the same options.....but first time black the double then after 10times perfect screen.....

Please I need help...i waste 4days on this {censored}....

Sorry for my bad english

Download attachment PEGP.dsl from post #24, change framebuffer name from Osmunda to Ipomoea,( if you have ATI6000Controller.kext with modified Osmunda personality you don't need to change that) replace Device (PEGP) in your DSDT with this one, compile new DSDT.aml, install this ATI6000Controller.kext.rar.( 10.7.3 only, it wont work without bux_booga's Device (PEGP) dsdt patch and framebuffer changed to Ipomoea).

Sorry BugsB, I got nothing for 5450, but I have new solution for the 6650M, I've been working the last few days on new Device (PEGP) and I got the 6650M working only with dsdt injection and modified Ipomoea personality (ATI6000Controller.kext), no need for GraphicsEnabler. I will update this thread in the next few days.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Trucker,

thanks for answer. I did as you told me. I dont hae a dsdt so i creat one and patched it like you say. I replaced the kext with kext wizard. But now i can´t boot up anymore. No kp the system stuck after detecting the drives then it connect the Network and i get this here:

nspace-handle-set-snapshot-time: 1336430107

en1: bssid changed to 00:04:0e:d3:8a:1b (this line i get abaout 10 times and sometimes the Countrycode is set to GB sometimes to D)

Airport: RSN handshake complete on en1

en1: bssid changed to 00:04:0e:d3:8a:1b( about 5 times again)

188.577538: ar5416Load: NF:*** TIMEOUT

while waiting for nf to load: AR_PHY_AGC_CONTROL=0xc0d22***

so i boot up in windows and vmware i deleted the dsdt but still the same when i try to boot

any solutions for this?

thanks to all.

So i compiled my DSDT now and system works now.

Hibernation does not work ---> System shuts down and turns on again after 2 seconds, but no screen

Any fixes for that?

Sleep does not work good ---> System sleeps but screen remains in a blue color and fan goes on and on.

Any fixes for that?

I tried the DSL patch from Bux_booga but DSDT Editor gave me a lot of errors after that, so i leaved this out.

UPDATE: Added the Bux_booga patch now but nothing really changes.

I deleted NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

When i add sleepenabler.kext i get a KP on next boot with according to PS2 and IntelCPUPowerManagement, so this is not the solution for me.

Multitouch works for me now. (not the Apple stuff, but scrolling, swiping with fingers and clicking)

Anybody interested in these kext?

My System: Acer 7750G Core i5 2410M 6650M 1GB Vram 6GB Ram

I solved the error above. But it still don´t work for me. At boot up from chameleon (1820) i get this: Use custom dsdt...my card is detected...but at boot up from mac...unknown device id.

I boot up with -v GE=Yes AtiConfig=Ipomoea

solutions?