[Guide] Installing Mountain Lion.

117 posts in this topic

Xinjia, try following the guide from the beginning. If you're missing files then it's possible you skipped some copy-pasta steps.

Almost one!
Then you don't have a way of accessing your hackintosh os x files you installed... in which case, you have to do it all over again.Make the USB all over again, and do follow each and every one of the steps of the guide.Edit:Just saw the comment above. Looks like this guide is not compatible with the GM version.
  • Like 1

Xinjia, try following the guide from the beginning. If you're missing files then it's possible you skipped some copy-pasta steps.Then you don't have a way of accessing your hackintosh os x files you installed... in which case, you have to do it all over again.Make the USB all over again, and do follow each and every one of the steps of the guide.Edit:Just saw the comment above. Looks like this guide is not compatible with the GM version.

Thanks, i'll try the new one...

Success!!!

I can confirm that the guide Diocia provided works like a charm.

Can someone please point me to a working guide to fix the audio?

The only problem I have is that i can't boot without the usb.

Thanks for your help. Almost perfect!

My signature includes the motherboard model! :)

Anyway, I figured it out, the audio is just fine!

Unfortunately, still can't boot without the usb after installing chameleon.

I can live with that until a solution appears.

I can't live without internet though. That's why i ask for your help one more time.

Please advise me which is the best option for me.

Once again thanks for your help.

My signature includes the motherboard model! :)

Anyway, I figured it out, the audio is just fine!

Unfortunately, still can't boot without the usb after installing chameleon.

I can live with that until a solution appears.

I can't live without internet though. That's why i ask for your help one more time.

Please advise me which is the best option for me.

Once again thanks for your help.

for boor do not use last chameleon... its broken... use 1897 or something I do not remember exact.

for internet use MB to install Atheros LAN.

For those of you getting the 'OS X install data is incomplete' error, this is what solved it for me.

I followed

this guide (same as the one posted in this thread, just updated for GM)

It has updated tools for the GM build to download. (

here)

Good luck!

Xinjia, try following the guide from the beginning. If you're missing files then it's possible you skipped some copy-pasta steps.Then you don't have a way of accessing your hackintosh os x files you installed... in which case, you have to do it all over again.Make the USB all over again, and do follow each and every one of the steps of the guide.Edit:Just saw the comment above. Looks like this guide is not compatible with the GM version.

Ok thanks, I managed to install the new files but when booting, the screen turns off. I think are the drivers for the graphics card (Nvidia GTX 260)

I think i will go for TL-WDN4800.

I noticed something very weird. Everything is happening in fast forward!

When i open the clock, the time goes by, ten times faster than it actually should be.

Can anyone imagine why this is happening?

DIdn't work in my case. After typing -v (for verbose) in the initial part of the install, of course lots of cryptic text whizzes by. But before I could see what's wrong, it reboots. Tried doing it from scratch the 2nd time, same result. Using the GM, by the way, on an Asrock G41M-VS3 + Q9550 + 4gbx2 ram + 9500GT.

The process is very similar the way I did it in Lion, using MaLd0n's guide. I din't have a problem on that one.

Oh well ... back to work in the meantime ... and will wait for someone who could install this on the same hardware as mine.

I tried The Tech Erra's guide and it only boots once. After the first boot, it stops booting because it fails to find an SMC driver.

So I can re-copy-paste the FakeSMC and NullCPU... kexts, which will only give me another single boot.

Dunno why it doesn't work for more then one.

It was the same with DP4...

--- EDIT ---

Fixed by installing the FakeSMC kext with Kext Wizard. Apparently copy-paste and fixing permissions doesn't cut it.

I faced this error and solved after restoring back the original OSInstall file from the original DP dmg.

I have the same problem here. I looked in the packages folder and there is a file called essentials.pkg wich is 2,54 Go

And when I start the installation of Mountain Lion, the installer says this:

11072012044.jpg

Hardware:

Asus P6T Deluxe v2

Intel Core i7 920 2,67Ghz

Nvidia GTX 260

8Gb RAM DDR3 1069Mhz

Guys are you installing OS X Mountain Lion on a MBR disk or a GPT disk? The problem with a lot of these guides is they miss steps and they leave out critical information. The so called "fixed" files (OSInstall) are only necessary if you are installing on a MBR disk. Mountain Lion is designed to be installed on a GPT disk but in certain setups it must be "tricked" into installing on a MBR disk. My understanding is only EFI motherboards can boot directly off of GPT disks. So perhaps the new Gigabyte boards can boot a GPT OS X install directly. Anyway I don't have much experience with GPT, but if you are installing to a GPT drive you do NOT need to mess with the two OSInstall files. Leave them as is.

I appreciate people posting guides but they really need to be better researched and explained.

When I start the installation partition Mountain Lion, Chameleon returns this:

11072012043.jpg

Chameleon no longer uses com.apple.Boot.plist file in the Extra folder. It now uses org.chameleon.Boot.plist instead. Actually it hasn't used the com.apple.Boot.plist file for quite some time... in hackintosh years. There was a time you could still use the com.apple.Boot.plist file. Chameleon would just complain. I don't know if that is still the case. Anyway let us know if you found this advice useful and if it solved your problems.

Good information, Hackintosh2000. I myself had to restore the original OSInstall file. However, on the GM ML guide, I did replace the original and it worked perfectly. My SSD only has ML installed, it's partitioned as GUID.

I installed it Sucessfully on my GA-EP45-UD3R motherboard but after running [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and installing my DSDT it wont boot without the usb stick.

It just stuck in the grey apple loading screen any idea why? Thanks

Thanks EvgeniX. Just managed to boot without the usb, fixed through terminal. I would like to have a wireless connection. Any advise would be helpful. Internet is the only problem for me now.
Thanks EvgeniX. Just managed to boot without the usb, fixed through terminal. I would like to have a wireless connection. Any advise would be helpful. Internet is the only problem for me now.

Hi there...

Can you explain how to solve the fact booting without USB?

Thanxs!

I installed it Sucessfully on my GA-EP45-UD3R motherboard but after running [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and installing my DSDT it wont boot without the usb stick.

It just stuck in the grey apple loading screen any idea why? Thanks

Boot with '-v' so we will know where it's stuck.

DIdn't work in my case. After typing -v (for verbose) in the initial part of the install, of course lots of cryptic text whizzes by. But before I could see what's wrong, it reboots. Tried doing it from scratch the 2nd time, same result. Using the GM, by the way, on an Asrock G41M-VS3 + Q9550 + 4gbx2 ram + 9500GT.

The process is very similar the way I did it in Lion, using MaLd0n's guide. I din't have a problem on that one.

Oh well ... back to work in the meantime ... and will wait for someone who could install this on the same hardware as mine.

Start over and follow THIS guide carefully. If you are installing Mountain Lion to a GPT hard drives (as opposed to MBR) then do NOT mess with the OSinstall files. Skip that step.

I found that only using the two kexts that they recommend (FakeSMC.kext and NullCPUPowerManagement.kext) was enough to get me installed. You can go back and add kexts later. I used their Chameleon installer and a very basic org.chameleon.Boot.plist. I did not use Generat P states or Generate C states. I did use GraphicsEnabler=Yes. I chose a more up to date Mac for my SMBIOS. I didn't go crazy though. I chose an iMac with a processor that was close to what i have. I did use my dsdt though. To be honest with you I changed all these settings at once and my restart loop problems were solved. What individual thing solved it is anyone's guess. Frankly I may have actually left out some other change I made.

My advice is to start very basic and follow the guide. I initially dove in and used a more up to date Chameleon, a number of kexts, and my org.chameleon.Boot from my lion setup and I got endless booting. I decided to back off a bit and use something simpler. I don't like the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext but I figured I could try it for the install phase and remove it later.

Start over and follow THIS guide carefully. If you are installing Mountain Lion to a GPT hard drives (as opposed to MBR) then do NOT mess with the OSinstall files. Skip that step.

I found that only using the two kexts that they recommend (FakeSMC.kext and NullCPUPowerManagement.kext) was enough to get me installed. You can go back and add kexts later. I used their Chameleon installer and a very basic org.chameleon.Boot.plist. I did not use Generat P states or Generate C states. I did use GraphicsEnabler=Yes. I chose a more up to date Mac for my SMBIOS. I didn't go crazy though. I chose an iMac with a processor that was close to what i have. I did use my dsdt though. To be honest with you I changed all these settings at once and my restart loop problems were solved. What individual thing solved it is anyone's guess. Frankly I may have actually left out some other change I made.

My advice is to start very basic and follow the guide. I initially dove in and used a more up to date Chameleon, a number of kexts, and my org.chameleon.Boot from my lion setup and I got endless booting. I decided to back off a bit and use something simpler. I don't like the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext but I figured I could try it for the install phase and remove it later.

I use a DSDT that I found on OSX86.net. It's meant for a mobo that's similar to mine. Can I create one that fits my board perfectly? And what's a patched DSDT?