Need help with Retail Snow Leopard

LightInDark

59 posts in this topic

There's a file you can change called NetworkInterfaces.plist...I just can't remember where it is at the moment. You can use Spotlight to find it. :) Open the file and change en0 to en1 and en1 to en0. I would save it onto your desktop and then copy it to replace the original.

Got it working myself thanks but big issue now.. for some reason (and I can't figure out why..) Boot has stopped.. kernel panic UNLESS I do arch=i386.. I haven't done anything really other than install the kexts for my audio specific to see if they work and I did it right using an installer and KextUtility and when using arch=i386 nothing works now, safari crashes after about 10-20 seconds, no other app will open, wireless wont either, and graphics have stopped even when I put in GraphicsEnabler, any ideas?

And I need the ethernet sorted for the App Store needed to install Windows Phone App to manage my phone.

boot verbose "-v" so you can see what is causing the kernel panic, otherwise can only make a wild guess. suspect a 32bit extension, but no clue which one without more info. use a camera to photo the screen at panic if needed.

Yeah I was doing that, just posting something before I uploaded the pictures but I am booting with the ModCD now and everything runs properly except graphics and im in 32bit but I cannot upload the photo's my only camera is my windows phone and the app is suddenly not detecting my phone, Mac itself is because it detects the phone in profiler but in the app it just keeps saying to connect it so I cannot upload pictures,

Just before the start of the panic it said something about kernel ip or something similar..

Please don't hijack my thread.. Theres a pci fix flag you can do in the boot, not sure what it is myself.