Apple Special Event 25th September

munky

24 posts in this topic

As well as being about photography (hence the Aperture thing), its also an event aimed at pros, so the MacBook Pro going to Merom wouldnt be out of place.

I still cling to some small glimmer of hope that the MacBooks will get either a bump or merom as well... (I know, I know, dream on...).

krzr sounds like a version of the RAZR, but with even less vowels... ah, Motorola, what in the hell are you thinking with your names? As far as pronunciation of said phone, I'm going with "CURR-zerr" I guess... ?

GSM Version: http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=1007

CDMA Version: http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=1005

Does anyone know what TIME the event is? Strange there seems to be no mention anywhere...

Its in Germany, which is GMT+2....

I saw on macromuors that it is at 10:30 Eastern Time (USA) - so that makes it 9:30 for me in the old midwest - or in about 2 hours and 14 minutes.

How are we supposed to know whats going on, anyway? Anybody know of any feeds or anything?

the rumor and news sites are being bizarrely quiet about this.. surely not just because its in europe?

i'll be scouring for news at the appropriate time - i'll post anything interesting here...

The only news is that Adobe chose today to release Beta 4 of Lightroom... possibly to try to draw attention from the supposed Aperture 2.0 release today.

The event has been going now for 20 mins. Its truly bizarre that nobody is covering the event live - even events like NAB get covered by the Apple press when Apple are attending. I'll keep my eyes peeled. Its scheduled to finish at 18:00 local time, which is just over an hour away.

"Aperture 1.5 has a new library system with better support for external storage, DVD's, as well as RAID. "

Sounds nice... I wonder what RAID support is needed, given that a RAID array should appear to just be a standard disk...

Also:

http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2006/09/20060925104838.shtml

"Aperture 1.5 will allow use of photos on DVDs and other storage media, further iLife, iDVD, iWork integration, and a Plug-in API. Improved magnifying glass, zoom."

iLife integration would be great - I currently export processed sets of photos from Aperture to iPhoto, for display via Front Row etc.

Flickr, Getty, iStockPhoto plugins..

magnify images up to 1600%, XMP format supported for exports...

"The user can limit color value movement now to certain color areas."

that sounds interesting... ;)

lol.. looks like us mac geeks have killed that german site.

ipod integration? weird!

other cool stuff like editing of image metadata when the RAW file is offline. very nice.

looks like the event is winding down. stores have remained up, so i guess no new hardware today.

update is due to be released this week, and will be free to existing users.