need help with a widget design

vince29

6 posts in this topic

A few weeks ago, I designed this skin for a widget my brother was writing. He still hasn't finished it, and as I was cleaning my HD, I came across it. I thinks it lacks something, but I can't figure what. Any idea on how I could improve this design ?

The blue squares are supposed to hold cd covers for previously played songs, and can be hidden along with the two navigation arrows through the "history" button on the widget. The two hands are for voting fot the currently playing song.

post-2804-1158225960_thumb.png

For sure it needs more polishing. in both the interface composition and the icons and background. I think that these icons should have contrast against the background, look at itunes, there's no glow, all the details are clean. The lower part, seems very unconnected with the "player" section, you should take a look about it. At the first try mimic the professional and probed interfaces of Osx, then adapt it to the needs of your widget.

• 2 months later...

I just had a little play around with your file. You could integrate the CD covers like I have, with them stacking up, then going to the 'next-to-play', in full view, and then a 'now-playing' which is larger.... also I just envisaged a drop down transparency; but that's in the DHTML rather than the design...

Hope this helps; I know it's very very sparse but you get the idea.

post-23499-1164760708_thumb.png

the gradient at the top is too bright, for one, and is distracting

the font is pretty plain, but u may want that, im not sure

maybe some color would be nice? like on the pause lines, there could be like blue or green, same thing on the play button, and the hands could be skin colored too, to make it look cool

the title "frequence 3" isnt centerd between the two images, and those images dont make much sense (what r they supposed to be? they look choppy)

and finally, u might wanna fix the edges of the cd picture (glow or something)