Can't get to GUI after install on Lenovo Desktop M90

adickers

3 posts in this topic

Greetings - I have been handed a Lenovo M90 desktop with the challenge of installing OSX. This is a stock Lenovo desktop machine:

- Core 2 Duo i5 660

- Integrated Intel Video controller (64mb - 8086:0042)

- SATA Controller (AHCI)

- on-board Audio

- on-board ethernet (82578DM Gigabit)

I am using iATKOS L2, and I can boot to the installer, change options, and the install completes successfully - no issues, no kernel panics, no hangs, and I can even use the utils during install to wipe drives, and get system info.

However, on post boot install, I see these issues:

BootCacheControl: Unable to open /var/db/BootCaches/..../<Merged.playlist

BootCacheControl: Unable to open /var/db/BootCaches/..../Login.playlist

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resrouceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out

DSMOS has arrived

after about 15 mins -

IOSCatalogue resetting

post-10665-0-11437800-1323719765_thumb.jpg

So here's my general question: if I can get into the installer, and that GUI runs fine, and it can see my HD just fine - is there a way to circumvent whatever issues are occurring here stemming from power management, or video card so I can get to the desktop?

THIS JUST IN - I was going to reboot the system and get an image of the BIOS screen, so I pressed and held down power and got this Kernel Panic:

post-10665-0-42592900-1323720602_thumb.jpg

You guys know more than - what do you think?

Another quick update: I've tried butt-basic installs with no drivers, just main system, and VGA - with the same results...

post-10665-0-11437800-1323719765_thumb.jpg

post-10665-0-42592900-1323720602_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...

Greetings - I have been handed a Lenovo M90 desktop with the challenge of installing OSX. This is a stock Lenovo desktop machine:

- Core 2 Duo i5 660

- Integrated Intel Video controller (64mb - 8086:0042)

- SATA Controller (AHCI)

- on-board Audio

- on-board ethernet (82578DM Gigabit)

I am using iATKOS L2, and I can boot to the installer, change options, and the install completes successfully - no issues, no kernel panics, no hangs, and I can even use the utils during install to wipe drives, and get system info.

However, on post boot install, I see these issues:

BootCacheControl: Unable to open /var/db/BootCaches/..../<Merged.playlist

BootCacheControl: Unable to open /var/db/BootCaches/..../Login.playlist

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resrouceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out

DSMOS has arrived

after about 15 mins -

IOSCatalogue resetting

So here's my general question: if I can get into the installer, and that GUI runs fine, and it can see my HD just fine - is there a way to circumvent whatever issues are occurring here stemming from power management, or video card so I can get to the desktop?

THIS JUST IN - I was going to reboot the system and get an image of the BIOS screen, so I pressed and held down power and got this Kernel Panic:

You guys know more than - what do you think?

Another quick update: I've tried butt-basic installs with no drivers, just main system, and VGA - with the same results...

Same with me. Since you posted, have you progressed?

hello

delete from system/library/extensions or move

all

appleintelhd*.*

boot

-f -v GraphicsEnabler=No

to move the kext

-s

fsck -fy
mount -uw /
mkdir /intelhd_backup
cd /System/Library/Extensions
mv AppleIntelHD* AppleIntelSNB* /intelhd_backup
reboot

this solution is for notebooks .. don't know if it work in a desk.. anyway by a cheap graphics card and u problems gonne.. like nvidia gt620

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/286092-guide-1st-generation-intel-hd-graphics-qeci/

good hack