Asus P5B thread

ReLoad

123 posts in this topic

What is your kernel version? Someone reported problems with the 8.10.3 kernel.

I'm using this kernel:

Darwin localhost 8.10.1 Darwin Kernel Version 8.10.1: Wed May 23 16:33:00 PDT 2007; Sochi2014:VoteForUs/RELEASE_I386 i386 i386.

• 3 weeks later...
hi, i have p5b-deluxe with leopard, i got network work, but for the onboard sound, ad1988b, i never get it work on leopard, and i try all the method on the fourm, it doens't work, anyone know to make it work? thanks a lot

this is what i did

1. during install, using diskutility...partition drive in at least 2 drives

2. install mac.nub's 10.4.10 on the first partition (select azalia for sound, select marvel gigabit for internet, ich8-r, jmicron controller and sata for hard drives and the rest depending on your video,etc)

3. repair permissions and reboot

4. place BrazilMac's leopard patch files on the desktop

5. install various programs

6. reboot and boot up to the patched leo iso dvd (not the completely patched version, but the one i had to patch the .dmg and then make that into an .iso and burn...in other words, BrazilMac's patch method...probably need to do a search for more details on his patch)

7. during install, select "customize" and unselect everything and continue on with the leopard install on the 2nd partition

8. when finished and when it reboots, it will reboot to 10.4.10

9. open terminal, log in with sudo -s and password....drag the post install patch from the desktop to the terminal...select yes to delete "AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext" and no to reboot....i have been rebooting manually

10. rebooted with a windows ME boot disk, ran fdisk and made the leopard drive active

11. rebooted into leopard, got the pretty cool "welcome" intro with sound

12. finished leopard install, repaired permissions

13. placed BrazilMac's patch files on the leopard desktop

14. rename leopard drive to something else

15. rename 10.4.10 drive to leopard

16. reboot and install leopard on top of the 10.4.10 to upgrade and you'll notice on the very first leopard install, leopard was 5.7GB, but this time it will show 3.1GB, once again unselect what you can on the customization and continue the install.

17. boot back into the first leopard install on the 2nd partition (once again using the windows me boot disc to make the 2nd partition active) and apply the post install patch to the newly renamed leopard drive on the first partition

18. make the first partition active and boot into it

19. leopard

20. erased the 2nd partition in diskutility

so far everything works, except time machine

system profiler is reporting my 8800 gts as 256 MB, instead of 320...no big deal

asus p5b deluxe wi-fi

e6420 overclocked to 3 ghz

320 mb geforce 8800 gts

320 gb seagate 7200.10

2 gb ddr-2 1066

LG sata dvd-rw with lightscribe

if there's an easier way to do this, please chime in....there is suppose to be a pre-patched dvd coming out on the 9th from uphuck, i believe

wow, is this the only solution to get sound work?

thanks anyways, anyone else can make sound work on leopard for p5b-deluxe?

this is what i did

1. during install, using diskutility...partition drive in at least 2 drives

2. install mac.nub's 10.4.10 on the first partition (select azalia for sound, select marvel gigabit for internet, ich8-r, jmicron controller and sata for hard drives and the rest depending on your video,etc)

3. repair permissions and reboot

4. place BrazilMac's leopard patch files on the desktop

5. install various programs

6. reboot and boot up to the patched leo iso dvd (not the completely patched version, but the one i had to patch the .dmg and then make that into an .iso and burn...in other words, BrazilMac's patch method...probably need to do a search for more details on his patch)

7. during install, select "customize" and unselect everything and continue on with the leopard install on the 2nd partition

8. when finished and when it reboots, it will reboot to 10.4.10

9. open terminal, log in with sudo -s and password....drag the post install patch from the desktop to the terminal...select yes to delete "AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext" and no to reboot....i have been rebooting manually

10. rebooted with a windows ME boot disk, ran fdisk and made the leopard drive active

11. rebooted into leopard, got the pretty cool "welcome" intro with sound

12. finished leopard install, repaired permissions

13. placed BrazilMac's patch files on the leopard desktop

14. rename leopard drive to something else

15. rename 10.4.10 drive to leopard

16. reboot and install leopard on top of the 10.4.10 to upgrade and you'll notice on the very first leopard install, leopard was 5.7GB, but this time it will show 3.1GB, once again unselect what you can on the customization and continue the install.

17. boot back into the first leopard install on the 2nd partition (once again using the windows me boot disc to make the 2nd partition active) and apply the post install patch to the newly renamed leopard drive on the first partition

18. make the first partition active and boot into it

19. leopard

20. erased the 2nd partition in diskutility

so far everything works, except time machine

system profiler is reporting my 8800 gts as 256 MB, instead of 320...no big deal

asus p5b deluxe wi-fi

e6420 overclocked to 3 ghz

320 mb geforce 8800 gts

320 gb seagate 7200.10

2 gb ddr-2 1066

LG sata dvd-rw with lightscribe

if there's an easier way to do this, please chime in....there is suppose to be a pre-patched dvd coming out on the 9th from uphuck, i believe

• 2 weeks later...

I have ASUS P5B Plus.

I disabled JMicron and install OSX successfully, only network chipset not working.

Is anybody able to run Attansic/Atheros L1 network? I found that some people tried to create drivers for Attansic but still not worked.

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone please help me? Im using jas 10.4.8 and when I boot the system it says "cant find boot.plist' yada yada. I have set RAID to AHCI, but still it doesnt work. I also extracted the ISO to my USB2 Hard drive but it can't boot from that either..

Can someone please assist?

My system has 4 Hdds, a Raptor with Vista on it, 2 x 320GB SATA II Raid for movies/photos and a 1 x 250GB Sata that I've created a 120GB partition on for use with OSX.

Thanks

Kris

Is there solution for mic working on this mobo? I was trying to use hdapatcher and codec dump 1988a but still no luck.

I'm using bluetooth headset in Leopard - it is not perfect, it may halt your system sometimes but it works. and it is only 30$.

Guys, there is a quiestion, I believe it is related to P5B (not deluxe). When I Shut Down the OSX (Tiger, Leopard does not matter) and then power on my PC, I got one of following BIOS error in startup - hangup, long beep and black screen, or very slow power up with following kernel panic. Hard reset helps to boot normally for second time.

Processor Core 2 duo, 2.33

I have the following setup working so far -

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600

Asus P5B 'Vanilla' (Standard board)

Radeon X300SE

Samsung Spinpoint 250Gb SATA II

Lucent Tech 3 Port PCI Firewire card

PS/2 Keyboard and Mouse

LiteOn External 20x DVD/RW

This is running with JaS 10.4.8 AMD Intel SSE2 SSE3 DVD.

To get it to run I did the following -

1) Disable the Jmicron controller (never liked it anyway)

2) Set the Intel SATA controller to AHCI and reboot

3) Load into the installer and go to Disk Utility, format the drive using Erase and quit the installer

4) Set the Intel SATA controller to Compliance mode and reboot

5) Load into the installer and select the disk for installation without using Disk Utility as this will make the usable space less

6) Select what you want to install and let the installer do its stuff

7) Reboot and enjoy you OSX system :(

That worked for me and the system is blisteringly quick, OSX seems to take advantage of the quad core and the increase compared to my MacBook Core 2 Duo system is noticeable.

I'm just waiting for my MOTU 828 Firewire audio interface to arrive and then I will test that with the system, as I'm hoping the system will be able to be used as a high powered DAW which my MacBook was going to do as a mobile system, and probably still will with Logic Pro 8.

I'll update you with info as and when I manage to get stuff working but for now that's as far as I am and I'm happy so far.

Boardy

boardy,

I have a very similar system and it installed very easily (minus audio). A plain old P5B with a q6600. I installed ToH Leo on a sata raptor on port 1, using a lite-on sata dvd drive on sata port 2. Network worked right out of the box and my 7600gt worked by installing natit 1. I had a spare iMic handy which worked out of the box so that solved my audio problem. I haven't been able to get EFI working though, but it may be my drive setup (partitioned into 2).

• 1 month later...

Hi there

I'm running leo toh rc2 on a P5B PREMIUM

on a SATA 300 gb and setting MB SATA controller in compatibily IDE mode OSX don't boot everytime but get "still waiting for root.."

changing it to AHCI works good but can't boot winXp,

Jmicron is set to EIDE if I'm not wrong

Installed the mistico pack but it was for 1.4.8 and it stopped during AHCI installation

so i installed manually audio and lan

and now i got 2ndLan working and AUdio just Out

any hint to get working the MICROPHONE?

and to solve the HD problem?

these are Xbench values

Disk Test	70.82	
	Sequential	101.75	
		Uncached Write	104.61	64.23 MB/sec [4K blocks]
		Uncached Write	103.61	58.62 MB/sec [256K blocks]
		Uncached Read	87.93	25.73 MB/sec [4K blocks]
		Uncached Read	114.59	57.59 MB/sec [256K blocks]
	Random	54.31	
		Uncached Write	19.85	2.10 MB/sec [4K blocks]
		Uncached Write	155.88	49.90 MB/sec [256K blocks]
		Uncached Read	100.79	0.71 MB/sec [4K blocks]
		Uncached Read	144.48	26.81 MB/sec [256K blocks]

thank you all!

• 3 weeks later...

BUMP

I installed Tiger using JaS. the 10.4.8 pPF1+ppf2 on my rig specs are:

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600

ASUS P5B Deluxe Wifi/AP

G.Skill 2GB DDR2 800 RAM

Sapphire Radeon X850XT PE (PCI-E)

Lite On Sata Drive

Western Digital Caviar 250GB SATA II 16MB Cache HDD

I got and all works, but I have a few problems:

1. No Internet (ethernet)

2. No Sound (onboard)

Any help?

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi,

I'm working on an input audio driver for the ICH8, (I'm testing on a p4b). I have made some progress in setting up the XCode project, as well as on the driver itself. I have the configuration and I/O registers mapped. If there is already a solution for audio input on a p4b, please let me know and I may change my course :) This is my first driver, so I'm looking for pointers to help in understanding how to make it work.

Let me know if there's information out there I should be aware of. The best I found on Intel's developer site is an ICH6 programming guide and a specification for the ICH8 HD Audio Codec, but alas, not much more than that.

If you have information or would be interested in collaborating. Let me know. I'll try to keep you posted on my progress.

-RtR