Do I need to download an ISO (rather than buy a DVD)

sajseven

6 posts in this topic

I would like to know if I have to download an enormous DVD ISO to install OSx86, or can I just buy an authentic OS X DVD off eBay? I have a monthly download limit, so I would like to buy it. Would a normal, authentic DVD copy of Apple Mac OS X (for Intel) work, or does it need to be specially hacked? If it needs to be hacked, is there any way to apply this to the DVD/installation afterwards? Your help would be greatly appreciated..

Regards, SaJSeveN

;) wanted

umm no. monthly limits are {censored}, ditch your ISP, or have a friend dl it for you.

good luck

You could patch the ISO yourself... or find someone selling a prepatched one, but it must be atleast partly patched before you install it.

Patching yourself would be/is a pain(never done it)... you must really be into what your are doing and have alot of OSX86 know how.

Someone selling a prepatched disk online is either going to get him self in jail or isn't going to ship to the U.S. (not sure if that would be an issue).

Someone said monthly limits are BS...

That person clearly doesn't know the world outside of where he or she lives.

Don't waste time buying a legit copy because you'll only end up having to hack it or apply the patches others have already written.

Get: OSX 10.4.7 by Jas.

Not quite sure how you can bypass the download limit.

One solution would be to find someone who has uploaded a torrent file with split archive. This way you could download a few .rars at a time.