{Guide} DELL INSPIRON N5110

Mohamed Khairy

3,315 posts in this topic

ok it boots up but the trackpad and keyboard don't work , could it be that i did not use the voodoop2controller

also wgen i use usb mouse and keyboard it login into a gray screen

:wallbash:

i said before keyboard and touchpad doesnt work during installing this is normal

you just need usb mouse

also your talk means you didnt put extra folder as it :wallbash:

but keyboard and mouse no longer work

not working keyboard and mouse usually means one of 3 things

1. You are trying to use laptop keyboard and touchpad (which are PS2) without PS2 kext installed

Solutions are

a) plug in USB keyboard and mouse

B) install PS2 kext (like Voodoo PS2)

2. You are plugging USB keyboard into USB3 port (which does not work for me even with USB3 kext) or plugging mouse into USB3 port without USB3 kext

Solutions are

a) plug USB hub into USB2 port (in my case USB2 port is near power button) and plugin mouse and keyboard into USB hub.

B) I use keyboard which is also an USB hub and i plug mouse into the keyboard, i suggest you to get keyboard like that, for instance a4tech kv-300h

с) install USB3 kext, plug keyboard into USB2 port and mouse into USB3 port

3. You just went out of sleep mode and lost USB devices, which happens quite often

Solutions are

a) Just give it a few second to wake up fully, and replug your USB devices.

B) go into the sleep mode again using power button + PS2 keyboard and see if it is fixed after waking up

с) You can try a/b couple more times, if necessary.

No i use unibest because when i try myhack it would get stuck on bluetooth , now hoping it boots after installing Ethernet kext

everything works now better then with lion thankz for helping me and taking ur time with stupid questions

i know it's weird that they work during pre installation and during post installation

holly {censored} everything works now kind of broke my working Ethernet have to just kext now

you are on post install !!

استغفر الله العظيم

No i use unibest because when i try myhack it would get stuck on bluetooth , now hoping it boots after installing Ethernet kext

had i described on guide to use any software like this :tomato:

you put your touch on every thing

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

good done with post installation everything works except for audio ( i use the applehda.kext and it shows the volume but it does not work ) also while watching video it stops after a 11 seconds any help with that ? also if i use voodoo audio do i delete applehda

ok so i goy my mountain lion works perfect now , but i notice it takes a while for it boot and i found this site on how to speed it up by replacing AppleAHCIPort.kext and IOAHCIFamily.kext with the ones form lion

here is the link http://www.macbreake...-boot-time.html

also anyone know if hdmi works ? i have not had time to test it is it just like with vga that it must be plugin during startup ? and will audio work now since new macbook pro have a hdmi plug

anyone experience some glitches on the screen ?

Well, people get this issue solved by

- installing FakeSMC 4.2

- installing Fan Control 1.2 daemon (or SMCping daemon)

- changing VRAM size at bios

- disabling kernel cache

- patching HD 3000 kext

- installing IntelCpuMonitor kext

- installing AppleHDA (Toledo)

- putting Dock to the left

- installing discrete replacing video

The issue with HD 3000 artefacts is known to have memory/voltage management roots.

So when you suggest to replace the cable i really wonder, are you familair with the issue or just suggesting the first thing that comes to your mind? :)

I installed FakeSMC 4.2 and put dock to the left, now no artifacts and very little hangs, yay!

But HWMonitor no longer detects CPU's temperature but I am ok with it :P

Hey tahnk you very much mohammed. I did how you said in tutorial. Finally i found right way to install. It

The main thing is that use no adapters for memeory stick or memory stick itself or creating installer. Use 8 gb or more flah disk drive. Use vmware or another mac to create the usb. And before booting usb ....

Plug usb keyboard to usb 3.0 (which is at back) and plug usb flash disk to esata/usb (port on left side) and plug mouse to right side. Boot up.

Click f12 choose fdd.in chameleon boot with -v -f. Thats all, do the install and do the post install. Remember if mouse doesnt work go get another one which requires no drivers and has mac os x compability label on package.

Thank you mohammed. Thanks to you last month i had succesfully installed lion and now im done with mountain lion. Everything works perfectly now.. Thanx

hey check this one out. the developer of nvidia cards promised that he will add 525m to nvidia.c here is the link

our problem isn't on injection our problem is on how to make it work on mountain lion injection is done auto from NVidia kexts but we don't know how to make it to works along with intel card as there is diff between apple hardware and our hardware on this point

---------------------------- I installed windows 8 enterprise N rtm and it does fine :)

alaah with you mohammed

ihave problem in

bluetooth

dont work :/

cant send files or pair with any devices

and have problem post install if i do all change face kernel painc :////

so i think bluetooth problem cuase i'm not change extra *اسف الكلام ملخبط شوية انت عارف مشاكلي بس شايفك مش بتدخل الماسنجر فـ قلت اكتب هنا*

ok i need some help i installed fakesmc but am getting screen artifacts once in a while , and i do have the lastest fakesmc , i installed using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]

also anyway to get hdmi to work even with out audio ?

hey everyone,i must say that mac has never been on this laptop, it's perfect

right now, i have installed mountain lion on my notebook , i'm trying to fix the brightness and webcam and i discovered some interesting things on how to fix

however i trying to make the webcam work from the dsdt but i don't know how to find it in the dsdt , it's not just about the ids but i have a different location id from the the default one , also about the brightness bug there's a patch i found for the brightness to work

here is the link if anyone would like to help me solve it

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=268219&hl=brightness%20bug&st=0