{Guide} DELL INSPIRON N5110

Mohamed Khairy

3,315 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

I got issue with bluetooth light after install this kext, the signals light jump continuous. so I have rollback to old kext.

It depends on the firmware that kext uploads to Bluetooth. Only Windows firmware makes the light flicker, Linux firmware doesn't. You can select which firmware to upload in the plist file.
  • Like 1

It depends on the firmware that kext uploads to Bluetooth. Only Windows firmware makes the light flicker, Linux firmware doesn't. You can select which firmware to upload in the plist file.

It's help me resolved issue, Thank you!

For all people who asked about advanced bios menus: 
this is the patch who make it possible:

UEFIPatch.exe N5110_UEFI.rom 899407D7-99FE-43D8-9A21-79EC328CAC21 010100010101000000000000 010100010101010101010101

This is not aimed for casual users because will probably brick your notebook.
Don't ever ask me how to use it or how to recover your bricked notebook.
You have been warned !

Pics: http://imgur.com/a/VKoSB

• Like 3

UEFIPatch.exe N5110_UEFI.rom 899407D7-99FE-43D8-9A21-79EC328CAC21 010100010101000000000000 010100010101010101010101
You have been warned !

Has anyone made any progress with Windows EFI installation? Sound is not working for me.

Hi, I installed a few months ago using this guide mavericks, updated and all works like a charm... until tried to use the hdmi cable to connect monitor :( connected before turn on the laptop, after boot, in middle... no way I only get the monitor using vga, but I want to use the tv, and only has vga :( What I can do ?

Ok, edited:

Readed a lot of post on this thread... I have nvidia card (I guess) I received the laptop and never ask about cards or something else, just installed mavericks on it.

If following current tutorial I get no hdmi signal, the reason is I have nVidia, but I am not sure, How I can know if the laptop has nvidia card ?

Best regards.

You have been warned !

I patched my bios, everything works well! Thank you!!!

• Like 2

Hi everyone,

My inspiron comes with i5 2410M and GFX GT525M, do I need to choose MacbookPro (8,2) - Core i7 (Sandy Bridge) when generating SN? Or I must choose the (8,2) one instead?

I'm assuming you meant 8,2 or 8,1...

Use 8,2 core i7

• Like 1

I'm assuming you meant 8,2 or 8,1...

Use 8,2 core i7

Tks Rob.

But I stuck the legendary "BootCacheControl: Unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist: 2 no such file or directory" error :'( any solution to bypass this problem?

I've successfully installed OS X 10.10 Yosemite DP 2 and everything is working pretty fine except iMessage on my Dell Inspiron N5110
I am up If anyone needed help :)
MY laptop details : dual boot OS X Yosemite DP2 and Windows 8.1 using  MBR Disk.
Processor : 2.4GHz Intel Core i5 2430M
Memory : 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Hard Disk : 1T.B WD HDD

Graphics : Intel HD Graphics 3000 & NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M ( only intel working )

dq41vt.jpg

The touchpad does not work neither the first nor the second kext. Another problem is trying to install Clover with UEFI. After preparation of the stick with fat32 and throwing into the package I downloaded, the system does inot boot - treats the pen as if there was nothing there and ignores it. Any solutions gentelmens? 

Jorge, my N5110 has an AMD card. I found that when I installed windows the first time and looked into device manager/video adapters.

Thanks, I just wiped all partitions and installed os x :( I am going to try with an live linux cd to check if nVidia card is present.

I have the ssdt for 2330m but my hw monitor does not change in the cpu multipler what should I do?

should I do the bios mod again I tried a modded aicpupm.kext did the same thing no speedstep I don't know what to do pls help me

Has anyone made any progress with Windows EFI installation? Sound is not working for me.

Me too. Sound card isn't working on windows. Yet to start with Mac installation. Just in case if someone clears their sound problem please let us know. However thank you all for great support here. I'll post back with my progress later.

Hi @TimeWalker75a I have just replaced my DW1702 to AW-NB290, however I got Bluetooth delay startup (30s)

I also try command:

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x0F\x85\x07\x01|\x0F\x84\x07\x01|g' /System/Library/Extensions/IOBluetoothFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport.kext/Contents/MacOS/IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport

But it cannot resolved the issue. could you please help me?

Thank you!.