ASUS P5LD2-VM DH PCB R2.0? Core 2 Duo?

Squuiid

16 posts in this topic

Anybody know where to buy an ASUS P5LD2-VM DH with PCB R2.0?

Apparently ONLY PCB revisions R2.0 or above support Core 2 Duo CPUs.

I need an online vendor in the US, anybody know if Newegg's stock is PCB rev2.0?

It looks as though this board is currently the best for OSX86 at the moment, please correct me if I am wrong.

Thank you for your help.

I don't know if ot's the best mobo for osx, but everything is working 'out of the box' (usb, lan, graphics with QE/CI,...)

The only drawback for me is the 'overclocking' abitlity of this mobo. For now i can't get more of 285Mhz...

It's not really important as core2duo are really fast CPUs but they run even better with a 333Mhz because they run synced with memory....

If overclocking is not important to you and if you're not a 3D gamer (GMA950 is perfect for a desktop, but lacks good 3D performance), this mobo is AWESOME !!!

Directron @ www.directron.com just got a load of these in last week. I picked one up and am running a E6400 @ 2.3GHz on one right now. Audio needs patching (or an external USB/Firewire adapter for audio), otherwise it works 100%. Excellent board. Not wonderful for overclocking, but at 2.3GHz, I'm happy.

Just make sure you state Rev 2.0.

• 1 month later...

I'm thinking about ordering this tomorrow. Soneone wanna give an update how this board is treating them and if everything is 110% compat?

Please let us know your full experience with this board and what version of osx you're running.

Directron @ www.directron.com just got a load of these in last week. I picked one up and am running a E6400 @ 2.3GHz on one right now. Audio needs patching (or an external USB/Firewire adapter for audio), otherwise it works 100%. Excellent board. Not wonderful for overclocking, but at 2.3GHz, I'm happy.

Just make sure you state Rev 2.0.

Hi, I'm really newbie. I just installed OSX 10.4.5 on this Mobo. Then upgrade to 10.4.7, not 10.4.8 because the pc reboot but it stops at the end with a clear desktop, no icon, no dashboard...nothing :P

Could some tell me how I could patch the audio? Or a link where it is explained??

Thanks