Adobe Audition replacement

gfindlay1

7 posts in this topic

I love Audition, it's my bread, butter, soup, crackers, steak, potatoes, and squash. Unfortunetly, I also love OS X. These two are not the best of friends.

Adobe doesn't make an Audition for Mac yet, much to my shagrin. I like it for it's pre-programmed effects, easy-to-use multi-track mixer, and interface. Is there anything like that for OS X?

• 1 month later...

I too was a major Adobe Auditon "enthusiast" but I found a program that works as good (or better) for Mac. It's Soundtrack Pro. It took me a day or two to get used to it but now, I find it easier to use than Audition. And the built-in effects are superior to Audition! The only problem is Soundtrack Pro is no longer a standalone app... it's part of Final Cut Studio which is a 1300 dollar package.

• 1 month later...
You should try Ableton Live

Ableton live is quite brilliant, I love it, but it's not that kind of program. It's a super hybrid daw-dj-synth style thing, and I love it.

I think if you're looking for a program like Adobe Audition, the major Mac compeditor is Bias softwares PEAK.

PEAK is infinitely powerful, and a few of our clients lament the lack of a PC version. I have not done a direct audition vs peak comparison though. There is a cheaper Peak LE which has a huge feature set for a basic version. Check it out at

http://www.bias-inc.com/

They also do Deck, which is a DAW applicationl: i haven't played with it.

• 2 weeks later...