There is any 965 supporting osx 10.4.x sata+audio+networking?

Marco macuser

19 posts in this topic

I have the standard P5B (no deluxe) and i have been unable to get 10.4.7 to boot off the DVD. I get the mac.boot.plist not found problem no matter what. I'm going to start a different thread on this problem but I have tried numerous things have never booted into the installer.

For install os X on i965 board you need an DVD SATA configured as legacy ide in bios and plugged on the ich8 sata conectors.

Not that I am trying to dis you but do you have any links or other info you can provide to back this up? Is this from personal experience? I say this because I don't have a SATA DVD drive and I would hate to go buy one to find out it wasn't necessary.

Another way just go buy an ide to sata converter, it is way cheaper. Also i do believe you need to use the ich8, since the pata and other sata are using Jmicron controller, and it doesn't seem being support at this moment. :2cents:

I'm looking for a board with 865 that can support osx tiger. Is the ASUS P5B Deluxe supported?

or I shold move to another brand o platform (like DFI Intifinity 875)

Waiting for feedback. Thank you in advance.

it works perfectly

sound needs patching

Hi Guys,

Would somebody please share in detail what kind of patching is needed to get the sound work? I have the Asus P5B motherboard, and that is the only inconvinience i would like to solve right now... It has the ADI1988A audio chip on it...

Thanx,

Balazs

Hi Guys,

once more thanx to ReLoad for this excellent solution. It works on the Asus P5B motherboards with the ADI1988A audio chips .

So here it is...

1. Delete AppleHDA.kext:

sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext

2. Edit AppleAzaliaAudio.kext for matching codec's proper ID:

sudo vi /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAzaliaAudio.kext/Contents/Info.plist

in Realtek ALC880/ALC860 Codec Driver key

change the string to:

<string>0x11d41988</string>

3. Edit AppleAzaliaController.kext for matching ICH8 HDA interface proper ID:

sudo vi /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAzaliaAudio.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleAzaliaController.kext/Contents/Info.plist

Search for (use hotkey= ctrl + w):

<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>

change the string to:

<string>0x284b8086</string>

4. Refresh kext caches

sudo rm /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache

kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions/

5. reboot

Hi guys!

i have a problem to install 10.4.7 JASpatch. I see the Applescreen but all freezes and nohtnig wors.

What can i do? Something wrong in my Biossettings?

my hardware:

- Asus P5B deluxe (wifi)

- SATA-DVD

- Conroe 6600

Thanks!

Hi Amonsul,

the problem is with the internal optical disc drive. I have installed os x trough an external USB drive. Right now this is the only work around for the P5B boards.

Here is the link for the soultion, i have installed my system according to this thread:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...;hl=conroe+6600

Good luck,

Balazs

I am having audio and networking problems with my p5b deluxe wifi.

My chipset is the adi1988b I believe. I tried the method listed and it doesn't seem to work. I am VERY new to the mac world though so its very possible I screwed something up. I removed the one kext file and changed the other 2, and then removed the 2 cache files and rebooted. Was there something else I was supposed to do?

Networking wise I found a marvell yukon kext file that I put into the extension folder and rebooted. Do I need to do any more then that? ITs also not working.

• 4 weeks later...
I am having audio and networking problems with my p5b deluxe wifi.

My chipset is the adi1988b I believe. I tried the method listed and it doesn't seem to work. I am VERY new to the mac world though so its very possible I screwed something up. I removed the one kext file and changed the other 2, and then removed the 2 cache files and rebooted. Was there something else I was supposed to do?

Networking wise I found a marvell yukon kext file that I put into the extension folder and rebooted. Do I need to do any more then that? ITs also not working.

The device ID for ADI1988B is 0x11d4198b.

• 5 weeks later...

Guys i'm getting the 2 following errors after following the instructions above.

System extension cannot be used.

The system extension "/System/Library/Extensions/AppleAzaliaAudio.kext/Contants/Plugins/IOHDAudioFamily.kext" was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the product's vendor for an update.

System extension cannot be used.

The system extension "/System/Library/Extensions/AppleAzaliaAudio.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleAzaliaController.kext" was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the product's vendor for an update.

I too have an ASUS P5B Deluxe Wifi with the ADI1988B chip on it.

Can anyone help me ?

• 1 month later...
Hi Guys,

once more thanx to ReLoad for this excellent solution. It works on the Asus P5B motherboards with the ADI1988A audio chips .

So here it is...

1. Delete AppleHDA.kext:

sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext

2. Edit AppleAzaliaAudio.kext for matching codec's proper ID:

sudo vi /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAzaliaAudio.kext/Contents/Info.plist

in Realtek ALC880/ALC860 Codec Driver key

change the string to:

<string>0x11d41988</string>

3. Edit AppleAzaliaController.kext for matching ICH8 HDA interface proper ID:

sudo vi /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAzaliaAudio.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleAzaliaController.kext/Contents/Info.plist

Search for (use hotkey= ctrl + w):

<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>

change the string to:

<string>0x284b8086</string>

4. Refresh kext caches

sudo rm /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache

kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions/

5. reboot

Thanks for this info, I have P5B deluxe so Id's should be 0x11d4198b and 0x284b8086. I try this but did not work out. I loaded Jas 10.4.8 with semthex kernel and Azalia Audio Fix. For some reason my Info.plist file for controller has ICH6, is there a way to get ICH8 files back?

<key>Intel ICH6 Azalia Audio</key>

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleAzaliaAudio.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleAzaliaController.kext/Contents/Info.plist

[EDIT] Works with this package. kextload ... and kextcache -k. Did it once I had files clean from windows line return.

Edited by sso2essooe