nForce OS X Lion (10.7) APP STORE DOWNLOAD INSTALL GUIDE on a Series 6 or 7 nForce chipset / Intel CPU MOBO

verdant

Lion on nForce + Intel CPU MOBO in Desktop  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Have you successfully installed a working, bootable Lion system?

• Yes, on a Series 7 (750i, 780i, or 790i) nForce chipset Intel CPU MOBO, using the USB flash drive installer method
    • Yes, on a Series 6 (650i or 680i) nForce chipset Intel CPU MOBO, using the USB flash drive installer method
    • Yes, on a Series 6 (610i or 630i) nForce chipset Intel CPU MOBO, using the USB flash drive installer method
    • Yes, on a Series 7 (750i, 780i, or 790i) nForce chipset Intel CPU MOBO, using the verdant_nForce_OSX_Lion_Installer_DVD_Booter
    • Yes, on a Series 6 (650i or 680i) nForce chipset Intel CPU MOBO, using the verdant_nForce_OSX_Lion_Installer_DVD_Booter
    • Yes, on a Series 6 (610i or 630i) nForce chipset Intel CPU MOBO, using the verdant_nForce_OSX_Lion_Installer_DVD_Booter
    • Yes, on a Series 7 (750i, 780i, or 790i) nForce chipset Intel CPU MOBO, using Snow Leopard from an Installer volume to another HDD/volume
    • Yes, on a Series 6 (650i or 680i) nForce chipset Intel CPU MOBO, using Snow Leopard from an Installer volume to another HDD/volume
    • Yes, on a Series 6 (610i or 630i) nForce chipset Intel CPU MOBO, using Snow Leopard from an Installer volume to another HDD/volume
    • No, none of the above methods has worked for me
    • I have sold or plan to sell my nForce chipset MOBO to go over to the "light" side....Intel chipset MOBO.....
    • I have sold or plan to sell my nForce chipset MOBO to buy a "real" Mac
    • Are you running 10.7.x successfully , having auto-updated without any problems?
    • Are all the standard Apple applications running OK?
  2. 2. Would you say that your Lion system is working to your satisfaction (e.g. compared to Snow Leopard)

• 100% on
    • Series 7 - 750i, 780i, or 790i
    • Series 6 - 650i, 680i
    • 90% on
    • Series 6 - 650i or 680i
    • 80% on
    • 70% on
    • 60% on
    • 50% on
    • < 50% on
    • Acceptably on 610i or 630i
  3. 3. Is your Lion system working 100% on

• SATA HDD
    • SATA DVDRW including burning disks
    • PATA (IDE) HDD
    • PATA (IDE) DVDRW including burning disks
    • Video
    • Onboard LAN (Ethernet)
    • USB devices (mounting/unmounting), plus USB keyboard and USB mouse
    • Firewire
    • PS/2 keyboard and mouse
    • Audio including Front Panel headphones and microphone
    • Audio except Front Panel headphones
    • Audio except Front Panel microphone
    • Sleep including waking from sleep
    • PCI NIC
    • eSATA
    • Bluetooth
    • WiFi
    • Time Machine
    • Overclocking
    • Auto Software Update e.g. to 10.7.x

436 posts in this topic

hiho...i'm again.

thats what i've done:

i've installed Lion in my first Partition (sound lan usb works great, only ps2( i think i have found a solution) and the ATI graphic didnt work correct (only 1 Monitor, but Maybe i can fix this with chameleon)).

The first few times i had to boot with the usb installer, because chameleon doesnt work, so i but back the boot file from PC EFI 10.7 and now i can boot from my Lion HDD

i've tried a new version of chameleon (2.1 r1764) but after "Waiting for DSMOS" i'm getting after a few minutes "still waiting for root device"

my first prio is to solve this...

then i have another question:

if i update to 10.7.2, will i get Problems? or can i just install the update or must i change same things before updating? i want this update because of iCloud

hope you can help me again^^

hiho...i'm again.

thats what i've done:

i've installed Lion in my first Partition (sound lan usb works great, only ps2( i think i have found a solution) and the ATI graphic didnt work correct (only 1 Monitor, but Maybe i can fix this with chameleon)).

The first few times i had to boot with the usb installer, because chameleon doesnt work, so i but back the boot file from PC EFI 10.7 and now i can boot from my Lion HDD

i've tried a new version of chameleon (2.1 r1764) but after "Waiting for DSMOS" i'm getting after a few minutes "still waiting for root device"

my first prio is to solve this...

then i have another question:

if i update to 10.7.2, will i get Problems? or can i just install the update or must i change same things before updating? i want this update because of iCloud

hope you can help me again^^

You should be able to update to 10.7.2 using the Combo Update but you may have more graphics card issues to sort with 10.7.2 (but hopefully fewer).......and you may have to stick with netkas' PC_EFI 10.7 boot file unless you can find a Chameleon version that works......and also follow his guidance on getting your ATI graphics card running under 10.7.2......

Hello Master!

First of all, Thank You for this awesome guide! :)

I am asking your help to get my audio work! I've trying to get it up several different kexts but can't get it to work.

I have Asus P5N-E SLI mobo so audio codec is ALC883. I've made my DSDT.aml fassl's DSDT Patcher but I don't have any experience of that thing so I just can't do anything whit it.

Some kexts made audio to shown in System Information correctly (plugs: in/out/spidf etc..) but in Control Panel -> Sound there's nothing.. And volume rocker was grey.

Any thoughts? I attach my dsdt.aml in here if thats help anything?! :)

Thanks you for advance very much..

btw: I made my installation from iAtkos L1 distro - USB installation.

dsdt.aml.zip

Hello Master!

First of all, Thank You for this awesome guide! :)

I am asking your help to get my audio work! I've trying to get it up several different kexts but can't get it to work.

I have Asus P5N-E SLI mobo so audio codec is ALC883. I've made my DSDT.aml fassl's DSDT Patcher but I don't have any experience of that thing so I just can't do anything whit it.

Some kexts made audio to shown in System Information correctly (plugs: in/out/spidf etc..) but in Control Panel -> Sound there's nothing.. And volume rocker was grey.

Any thoughts? I attach my dsdt.aml in here if thats help anything?! :)

Thanks you for advance very much..

btw: I made my installation from iAtkos L1 distro - USB installation.

Glad you like the guide...... :)

I have hopefully sorted out your patched DSDT file including Device (HDEF).......rename dsdt.aml as DSDT.aml and put DSDT.aml in / or in /Extra.....this may give you audio with the appropriate legacy ALC883 kext in /E/E/ and v10.6.2 AppleHDA.kext in /S/L/E/.....

alternatively, try the kext here in /S/L/E.....

If that does not work, try latest VoodooHDA in /S/L/E/.....in place of OS X Lion AppleHDA.kext (save this as a backup copy somewhere safe).......

marxx DSDT.zip

• Like 1

okay...wow...i did it i think:-)

i'm now running 10.7.2, Sound working, iCloud working, 2 Monitors working and so on... wow

VERY much thanks to you verdant!!!

Glad to help.......:)

It would be helpful to other readers if you could briefly summarise in a post here what you did to get everything working, especially sound, iCloud and 2 monitors etc.

Glad you like the guide...... :)

I have hopefully sorted out your patched DSDT file including Device (HDEF).......rename dsdt.aml as DSDT.aml and put DSDT.aml in / or in /Extra.....this may give you audio with the appropriate legacy ALC883 kext in /E/E/ and v10.6.2 AppleHDA.kext in /S/L/E/.....

alternatively, try the kext here in /S/L/E.....

If that does not work, try latest VoodooHDA in /S/L/E/.....in place of OS X Lion AppleHDA.kext (save this as a backup copy somewhere safe).......

Thank you for your help! I did all what you suggested but not working!? I don't know what i had to do to get it work. So I made fresh install and this time I selected latest voodooHDA from install dialog. I didn't do that earlier because I read several places that it will kernel panic. Anyway - I made fresh install, booted and voila!! Audio is working!! All plugs is regognized and sound is clear.... daaaam!! :)

2 and half day was wasted but what can you do?! ;)

Thanks!

Thank you for your help! I did all what you suggested but not working!? I don't know what i had to do to get it work. So I made fresh install and this time I selected latest voodooHDA from install dialog. I didn't do that earlier because I read several places that it will kernel panic. Anyway - I made fresh install, booted and voila!! Audio is working!! All plugs is regognized and sound is clear.... daaaam!! :)

2 and half day was wasted but what can you do?! ;)

Thanks!

Glad to help......:)

Think positively........you now have a cleaned/fixed/DTGP and HDEF patched DSDT.aml and working sound....... :wink2:

Glad to help...... :)

Think positively........you now have a cleaned/fixed/DTGP and HDEF patched DSDT.aml and working sound....... :wink2:

Sure! I'm totally happy to get this mobo to work with lion! Actually speaking of DSDT, which one I should use now? Cleaned or fixed? I just don't know anything about DSDTs so little out here.. I have now fixed DSDT.aml in /Extra folder... Should DSDT.aml help shutdown/reboot issues or is those more kext related?

Thanks again!

Sure! I'm totally happy to get this mobo to work with lion! Actually speaking of DSDT, which one I should use now? Cleaned or fixed? I just don't know anything about DSDTs so little out here.. I have now fixed DSDT.aml in /Extra folder... Should DSDT.aml help shutdown/reboot issues or is those more kext related?

Thanks again!

It depends on the cause of the shutdown/reboot issues........

As for your DSDT.aml it is OK to use the fixed version as it has the RTC fix for the Snow Leopard CMOS reset issue.........see post #3, #5 and #6 to learn more about DSDT.aml patching and how it can be useful......

okay, what i did...

to solve the boot problem i have to use the boot File from PC EFI 10.7 (i hope sometimes i will find a chameleon that works for me) ( i also need this boot file on my USB stick, but i cant boot every Time i boot from the USB stick, sometimes i have to change the slots to get it work, but on my hdd i can boot every time with no problems)

to get sound working i used Multibiest for Lion (4.2.1) and selected ALC8xxHDA,AppleHDARollback and ALC888, after Update to 10.7.2 i had to do this

to get lan working i had to create the extensions.mkext with the nforcelan.kext in it, after reboot lan works perfectly, after that i deleted the Extensions.mkext

to get my second Monitor working i used EVOenabler in /S/L/E and after reboot my card works perfect

with iCloud there were no Problems, all works great!!!

Things ToDo:

- chameleon that works for me (until now i must press enter at boot screen because there's no "auto" boot)

- maybe sleep, but i didnt tested it and normally i dont use it

- nothing really necessary but if i create Extensions.mkext i cant boot, getting still waiting for root device

but all i want to do i can and all works great!!! thanks man!!!!

okay, what i did...

to solve the boot problem i have to use the boot File from PC EFI 10.7 (i hope sometimes i will find a chameleon that works for me) ( i also need this boot file on my USB stick, but i cant boot every Time i boot from the USB stick, sometimes i have to change the slots to get it work, but on my hdd i can boot every time with no problems)

to get sound working i used Multibiest for Lion (4.2.1) and selected ALC8xxHDA,AppleHDARollback and ALC888, after Update to 10.7.2 i had to do this

to get lan working i had to create the extensions.mkext with the nforcelan.kext in it, after reboot lan works perfectly, after that i deleted the Extensions.mkext

to get my second Monitor working i used EVOenabler in /S/L/E and after reboot my card works perfect

with iCloud there were no Problems, all works great!!!

Things ToDo:

- chameleon that works for me (until now i must press enter at boot screen because there's no "auto" boot)

- maybe sleep, but i didnt tested it and normally i dont use it

- nothing really necessary but if i create Extensions.mkext i cant boot, getting still waiting for root device

but all i want to do i can and all works great!!! thanks man!!!!

Thanks for this summary. BTW can you post the version of EvOEnabler you used, as there is a modified EvOEnabler for 4870HD floating around that claims to properly display the card type in System Profiler and fix OpenGL/CL related problems......

BTW OS X Lion does not normally use Extensions.mkext but rather Kernelcache, and if you want to use kernelcache, the kexts in /E/E/ will not be recognised........so you have to put all your kexts from /E/E in /S/L/E and then in your x.x.Boot.plist file, include the flag:

<key>UseKernelCache</key>

<string>Yes</string>

Alternatively, some have found that forcing OS X Lion to rebuild the kextcache and then using it to boot, works for them........here is the code to build the cache file:

sudo kextcache -v 1 -a i386 -a x86_64 -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions /Extra/Extensions

Edited by verdant

Ok installed Lion went on like a Dream had a few probe with gfx and no sound but fixed that with a few kexts.... NOW the problem i installed Chameleon 2.0 RC5 r1191 VS Installer onto the same hdd as lion rebooted and no menu just a dos prompt type of menu ?????

If i try to boot from the menu i get a error appleintelcpupowermangement what am i doing wrong ?????????

Ok installed Lion went on like a Dream had a few probe with gfx and no sound but fixed that with a few kexts.... NOW the problem i installed Chameleon 2.0 RC5 r1191 VS Installer onto the same hdd as lion rebooted and no menu just a dos prompt type of menu ?????

If i try to boot from the menu i get a error appleintelcpupowermangement what am i doing wrong ?????????

Have you tried installing Chameleon manually?

What were the options on the DOS-type boot menu?

Are you talking about the PC BIOS Boot menu accessed via F8 or a Chameleon boot menu? Please clarify.

What kexts have you got in /Extra/Extensions on your OS X HDD volume?

When i looked into the extra folder it was totally empty mate so i dragged the extra folder from your support files folder and now boots with menu ok :)

Still a few problems thou mate :( nothing to bad thou so first up is......

1, The Bios is constantly resetting it self witch is a pain in the ass ( smbios.plist i think its something to do with that ) ???????

2, not a bad thing BUT appleNforceATA - Found 0 units Seems to be hanging for 30 seconds any way of speeding that up ???????

Other than that all seems great NVenabler seems to work great with GTX260 Wooohoooooo Finally lol

Thanks Verdant hope to hear off you soon mate

When i looked into the extra folder it was totally empty mate so i dragged the extra folder from your support files folder and now boots with menu ok :)

Still a few problems thou mate :( nothing to bad thou so first up is......

1, The Bios is constantly resetting it self witch is a pain in the ass ( smbios.plist i think its something to do with that ) ???????

2, not a bad thing BUT appleNforceATA - Found 0 units Seems to be hanging for 30 seconds any way of speeding that up ???????

Other than that all seems great NVenabler seems to work great with GTX260 Wooohoooooo Finally lol

Thanks Verdant hope to hear off you soon mate

To stop the BIOS resetting, you need to use a RTC fixed DSDT.aml file in / or in /Extra, so see Post #3 Item 1 and then also see Part C. Item [12].......

There is always some delay with appleNforceATA - Found 0 units.......I have to wait for it to appear twice.......

cd ~/Desktop/DSDT_Patcher1.0.1e Downloaded the file and the folder is called DSDT_Patcher1 so this command had to be edited ;) to cd ~/Desktop/DSDT_Patcher1

nano Debug/dsdt.dsl Worked fine Little Tip for others thou i pressed ctrl+w then typed (RCT) and found it quicker that way ;)

$ ./DSDT\ Patcher Debug/dsdt.dsl This command did not work for me at all :( (Command Not Found) so first i typed :

cd ~/Desktop/DSDT_Patcher1 Then ./DSDT\ Patcher Debug/dsdt.dsl But then got this error

dsdt_fixed.txt 372: Method (\_WAK, 1, NotSerialized)

Warning 1080 - ^ Reserved method must return a value (_WAK)

./dsdt_fixed.txt 4567: Name (T0_0, 0x00)

Error 4111 - Creating a named object in a While loop ^

./dsdt_fixed.txt 5602: Store (SEFA (Local0), Local1)

Warning 1092 - ^ Called method may not always return a value

./dsdt_fixed.txt 5609: Store (SEFA (Local0), Local1)

./dsdt_fixed.txt 5616: Store (SEFA (Local0), Local1)

./dsdt_fixed.txt 5623: Store (SECV (Local0), Local1)

./dsdt_fixed.txt 5630: Store (SECV (Local0), Local1)

./dsdt_fixed.txt 5637: Store (SECV (Local0), Local1)

./dsdt_fixed.txt 5644: Store (SECV (Local0), Local1)

./dsdt_fixed.txt 5651: Store (SECV (Local0), Local1)

./dsdt_fixed.txt 5658: Store (SECV (Local0), Local1)

./dsdt_fixed.txt 5665: Store (SECT (Local0), Local1)

./dsdt_fixed.txt 5672: Store (SECT (Local0), Local1)

./dsdt_fixed.txt 5679: Store (SECT (Local0), Local1)

./dsdt_fixed.txt 5706: Method (SECV, 1, NotSerialized)

Warning 1087 - ^ Not all control paths return a value (SECV)

./dsdt_fixed.txt 5751: Method (SEFA, 1, NotSerialized)

Warning 1087 - ^ Not all control paths return a value (SEFA)

./dsdt_fixed.txt 5756: Store (SGFD (0x01), Local3)

./dsdt_fixed.txt 5773: Store (SGFD (0x02), Local3)

./dsdt_fixed.txt 5790: Store (SGFD (0x03), Local3)

./dsdt_fixed.txt 5805: Method (SECT, 1, NotSerialized)

Warning 1087 - ^ Not all control paths return a value (SECT)

./dsdt_fixed.txt 5850: Method (SGFD, 1, NotSerialized)

Warning 1087 - ^ Not all control paths return a value (SGFD)

./dsdt_fixed.txt 5999: Name (T0_0, 0x00)

./dsdt_fixed.txt 6132: Name (T0_0, 0x00)

./dsdt_fixed.txt 6240: Name (T0_0, 0x00)

./dsdt_fixed.txt 6302: Name (T0_0, 0x00)

./dsdt_fixed.txt 6928: Return (Package (0x00) {})

Remark 5071 - Effective AML package length is zero ^

./dsdt_fixed.txt 6935: Name (T0_0, 0x00)

./dsdt_fixed.txt 7069: If (LEqual (_T_0, 0x17))

Error 4063 - Object does not exist ^ (_T_0)

./dsdt_fixed.txt 7108: Name (T0_0, 0x00)

./dsdt_fixed.txt 7242: If (LEqual (_T_0, 0x17))

Error 4063 - Object does not exist ^ (_T_0)

./dsdt_fixed.txt 7299: Name (T0_0, 0x00)

./dsdt_fixed.txt 7318: Name (T0_0, 0x00)

ASL Input: ./dsdt_fixed.txt - 9461 lines, 304962 bytes, 3903 keywords

Compilation complete. 11 Errors, 20 Warnings, 1 Remarks, 1023 Optimizations

Compiling done, if it worked, you have now a patched DSDT in dsdt.aml

If the compiling went wrong, you could force to build it with ./DSDT\ Patcher -f (try this DSDT at your own risk)

rm: dsdt.dat: No such file or directory

mkdir: ./Debug: File exists

mv: ./dsdt.dsl: No such file or directory

tar: ./Debug/leebennett.tar: Can't add archive to itself

So can't go on any more with the dsdt :(

cd ~/Desktop/DSDT_Patcher1.0.1e Downloaded the file and the folder is called DSDT_Patcher1 so this command had to be edited ;) to cd ~/Desktop/DSDT_Patcher1

nano Debug/dsdt.dsl Worked fine Little Tip for others thou i pressed ctrl+w then typed (RCT) and found it quicker that way ;)

$ ./DSDT\ Patcher Debug/dsdt.dsl This command did not work for me at all :( (Command Not Found) so first i typed :

cd ~/Desktop/DSDT_Patcher1 Then ./DSDT\ Patcher Debug/dsdt.dsl But then got this error

ASL Input: ./dsdt_fixed.txt - 9461 lines, 304962 bytes, 3903 keywords

Compilation complete. 11 Errors, 20 Warnings, 1 Remarks, 1023 Optimizations

Compiling done, if it worked, you have now a patched DSDT in dsdt.aml

If the compiling went wrong, you could force to build it with ./DSDT\ Patcher -f (try this DSDT at your own risk)

rm: dsdt.dat: No such file or directory

mkdir: ./Debug: File exists

mv: ./dsdt.dsl: No such file or directory

tar: ./Debug/leebennett.tar: Can't add archive to itself

So can't go on any more with the dsdt :(

I have downloaded DSDT_Patcher1.0.1e.zip to the Desktop and on unzipping got the following:

post-200327-0-08416600-1326559982_thumb.png

so not sure what happened in your case.........

Post your dsdt.dsl or dsdt.aml file and I will sort it out for you.......... :)

@ Master Mark

Glad things are sorted for you.........:)

Verdant,

I have tried everything I can think of but I am unable to get past the part that says "waiting on root device". It is loading the AppleNforceATA and says that it found 1 device a few times but before it says waiting on root device it says found 0 devices.

I am booting off of a Lion USB disk. Motherboard is a Evga 780i.

I am really not sure what information you may need besides that, but if I can post something more helpful I would appreciate any help you could provide.

I also tried installing a PCI Silicon Image 3114 SATA controller but the kext I found for it does not seem to load for some reason, so it doesn't help the situation.

Reading over the guide a few times it does not seem like I have missed anything but maybe it is just something simple I am not understanding correctly.

Thanks

After more day I installa os 10.7.2 on a pc that I have on home and all work perfect except sount alc883 I find around more kexts but no work I'm a nubby on dtds and I don't understand what work now I attach file generate with dsdtse and other appz any help to make work sound ?

Glad you got OS X 10.7.2 running on your 750i chipset MOBO..........

Here is your RTC fixed plus HDEF and DTGP patched P5N-D DSDT file..........

nickgallis DSDT.zip

Rename the dsdt.aml file in the Patched folder as DSDT.aml and put it in / or in /Extra.......then try to find a legacy ALC883 kext for OS X Snow Leopard/Lion to put in /Extra/Extensions/ to use together with v10.6.2 AppleHDA.kext in place of the v10.7.2 AppleHDA.kext (rename via Terminal as AppleHDA.kext.orig) in /System/Library/Extensions.....

No guarantee of success via this route unless you find a working ALC883 legacy kext, as at present OS X Lion and ALC883 sound seems to be a problem........see here........

Verdant,

I have tried everything I can think of but I am unable to get past the part that says "waiting on root device". It is loading the AppleNforceATA and says that it found 1 device a few times but before it says waiting on root device it says found 0 devices.

I am booting off of a Lion USB disk. Motherboard is a Evga 780i.

I am really not sure what information you may need besides that, but if I can post something more helpful I would appreciate any help you could provide.

I also tried installing a PCI Silicon Image 3114 SATA controller but the kext I found for it does not seem to load for some reason, so it doesn't help the situation.

Reading over the guide a few times it does not seem like I have missed anything but maybe it is just something simple I am not understanding correctly.

Thanks

1. How has your external USB HDD been partitioned/formatted (GPT/HFS+ or MBR)HFS+).....?

2. What are your SATA and RAID BIOS settings....?

3. What kexts do you have in /Extra/Extensions/...?

4. What have you got in your /Extra.....?

5. What have you got in your org.chameleon.Boot.plist file?

Please put your system details in your signature........see my signature as an example.

BTW installing OS X Lion on an internal SATA HDD volume of its own will be much faster than via USB......

Edited by verdant
  • Like 1

1. How has your external USB HDD been partitioned/formatted (GPT/HFS+ or MBR)HFS+).....?

It is a 32GB USB Flash Drive, I think I didn't explain it well in my first post. Not sure if that makes a difference. It is formated GPT/HFS+

2. What are your SATA and RAID BIOS settings....?

This motherboard seems to have limited configuration when it comes to the SATA Bios Settings. But I do have a RAID configuration when it comes to the onboard SATA ports. Currently it is set to disable raid on all 6 internal SATA ports, but I have tried it with enabled (leaving it disabled on all ports, just turning on the main raid).

There is one other option for "Serial-ATA Controller" , you have the choices of SATA-0, SATA-0+1 or All Enabled. It is currently set to All Enabled and I have not touched this part.

APIC is enabled, although I don't think this has anything to do with the problem but I have seen that feature mentioned a few times.

3. What kexts do you have in /Extra/Extensions/...?

Right now I do not have any because I moved them all to System/Library/Extensions just for the heck of it since nothing else seemed to be working. But when I did have some in there I had the following kexts:

AD1998b.FiX.kext

AppleNForceATA.imk64bit.kext

EvOreboot.kext

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

nForceLAN.0.64.5.kext

(off of the USB key guide)

4. What have you got in your /Extra.....?

com.apple.Boot.plist

org.chameleon.Boot

smbios.plist

FakeSMC.kext

I have also tried a bunch of random things in here, as well as having FakeSMC.kext in Extra/Extentions, but since I have had the same results each time I figure I will just keep it simple and tell you what I originally had.

5. What have you got in your org.chameleon.Boot.plist file?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1280x1024x32</string>

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>-v arch=x86_64</string>

<key>SystemID</key>

<string>0458B8A0-01FC-3D16-BC3F-1ADB54032989</string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>5</string>

</dict>

</plist>

Please put your system details in your signature........see my signature as an example.

I added the details to my signature, hopefully that explains it.

BTW installing OS X Lion on an internal SATA HDD volume of its own will be much faster than via USB......

That is what I am trying to do, I think I was a little confusing on my original post. I also tried using a Silicon Image PCI SATA Controller but it didn't look like it even tried to load my kext.

I am fairly new to OSX, (only had my Macbook Pro 2 weeks now), so I will do my best to answer everything correctly so bare with me if I seem a little slow sometimes. (sorry)