Radeon HD 6310M IGP.....any ideas?

pkmvancouver

14 posts in this topic

Just wondering if anyone has got native res let alone QE/CI in Snow Leopard working. I'm stuck with 1024x768 aka default res for unsupported video card.

I believe the framebuffer name is 'PALM'

info in attached images

EDIT:

The codename for the HD 6310 GPU is 'LoveLand' as it’s based on an improved Radeon 5450 (Cedar GPU).

post-397498-1308683117_thumb.jpg

post-397498-1308683126_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

hmm, seems wiki is your friend...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of...P_.28HD_6xxx.29

codename is 'Wrestler' but also seen it called by 'Zacate'. Also found another article stating it is based on the Radeon HD 4330 core not the 5450 core.

has anyone got native resolution 1366x768 working on this? pretty much everything else on my machine is working except for video and sleep.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes ive figured out how to fix the resolution for anyone using the E350 apu with the ati 6310, it was so simple just use this on the bootloader screen, busratio=8 Graphics Enabler=Yes "Graphics Mode"="1366x768x32" make sure u put in the " or this will not work. now im trying to get lion to run on this, if i do/WHEN I DO.....please if you cauld also help with getting lion running it wauld be great, Need help with this, thank you

the 6310 is not supported yet in chameleon for graphicsenabler. Also you would have to edit some .kexts and more then like hex edit them to. there is another thread in this sub forum that Azimutz is working on adding devices to chameleon for the newer ati cards.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=231768

hmm, seems wiki is your friend...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of...P_.28HD_6xxx.29

codename is 'Wrestler' but also seen it called by 'Zacate'. Also found another article stating it is based on the Radeon HD 4330 core not the 5450 core.

has anyone got native resolution 1366x768 working on this? pretty much everything else on my machine is working except for video and sleep.

Hey i just wanted to know if you got everything working like, ram showwing up as 1333MHz DD3 or does it still show up as ddr2, and if the cpu is showing 2 processors or just the normal 2 cores? and if possible please attach your bootloader with the extra/extensions folder, please it wauld be a big help.

Hey i just wanted to know if you got everything working like, ram showwing up as 1333MHz DD3 or does it still show up as ddr2, and if the cpu is showing 2 processors or just the normal 2 cores? and if possible please attach your bootloader with the extra/extensions folder, please it wauld be a big help.

YES.. mate just wanted to know if you installed 10.6.8 on your Vaio VB. if not do it. alot faster and better. use the new legacy kernel for 10.6.8 and few kexts from 10.6.7 just look it up.

My device ID specs matched yours with MSI X370. Here is what appears with GraphicsEnabler=Yes key using Chameleon v2 rc5 726:

Chipset Model: Unknown

Type: GPU

Bus: PCIe

Slot: Slot-1

PCIe Lane Width: x0

VRAM(Total): 512 MB

VENDOR: ATI(0x1002)

Device ID: 0x9802

Revision ID: 0x0000

Rom Revision: 113-B7710C-176

EFI Driver Version: 01.00.318

My setup is also stuck at 1024x768 as the generic ATI driver appears to be loaded by Chameleon. The "Graphics Mode" flag does not affect the desktop res.

Here is what I have tried thus far after installing 10.6.3 retail, combo updating to 10.6.7, and installing legacy_kernel:

-Obtained ATI kexts from Lion 10.7.2, which includes ATI6000Controller.kext

-Edited ATI6000Controller.kext's info.plist to include device ID 0x98021002 under key IOPCIMatch

-Installed ATI6000Controller.kext, ATIFramebuffer.kext, and ATISupport.kext from 10.7.2

-Booted using GraphicsEnabler=No

This yields a black desktop. I am guessing the display port output is the issue here and needs to be edited(?). Any specific suggestions to get this working are appreciated.

• 1 month later...