Dell Optiplex 755 DSDT, Vanilla SpeedStep+Sleep working.

Camilo_ML

163 posts in this topic

I just completed setting up my Opti 755 this afternoon. I installed 10.7.4 using myHack and added some Kexts (NVEnabler64, VoodooHDA, IntelE1000e) to enable my video, sound and network and made a new serial with Champlist. The only thing giving me grief yet is that I still can't log into the Mac App Store I get the "An unknown error has occurred". Any ideas?

I just completed setting up my Opti 755 this afternoon. I installed 10.7.4 using myHack and added some Kexts (NVEnabler64, VoodooHDA, IntelE1000e) to enable my video, sound and network and made a new serial with Champlist. The only thing giving me grief yet is that I still can't log into the Mac App Store I get the "An unknown error has occurred". Any ideas?

Chris, same here. Driving me up a wall... Hopefully someone can figure out why. I am reading that the root cause is the ethernet is not showing up as built in even tho it is en0 and chameleon has

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>

BugsB try removing the HDEF from dsdt and no voodooloader.. i had similar issues with inspiron 530 and i think that does trick.
thanks for the hint - might do one day, might not ("Don't mess with a running system") .. right now I'm very happy w. my OP 755 SFF 10.8.1 and don't mind VoodooLoader at all.

• 1 month later...

Chris, same here. Driving me up a wall... Hopefully someone can figure out why. I am reading that the root cause is the ethernet is not showing up as built in even tho it is en0 and chameleon has

<string>Yes</string>

You may need EFI Strings added for the card as well.

• 4 months later...

Hi, I have too Optiplex 755

I have with C2D E6400, Nvidia 210 GT, and use 10.8.3,(Clover) but I have some problems:

After turning off the fan continues to run. Also in the log there is an error.

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::registerLPCDriver - WARNING - LPC device initialization failed: C-state power management not initialized

I use dsdt from osx latitude), but with own DSDT I have "still waiting root device"

Anyone can help solve this problem? :help:

• 1 month later...

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=91661

Hi, I have too Optiplex 755

I have with C2D E6400, Nvidia 210 GT, and use 10.8.3,(Clover) but I have some problems:

After turning off the fan continues to run. Also in the log there is an error.

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::registerLPCDriver - WARNING - LPC device initialization failed: C-state power management not initialized

I use dsdt from osx latitude), but with own DSDT I have "still waiting root device"

Anyone can help solve this problem? :help:

• 3 months later...

Installed ML 10.8.4 on my Dell. Processor is C2D e7400, 2x2GB PC-6400 memory.

Added EFI string for network and used 1000e kext. Store works fine.

But with dsdt from first post I have

Added GeneratePStates and CStates. Latest Chimera.

Also sound in VoodooHDA has to many distortions. VoodooHDA v 2.8.4.

Can be a problem in DSDT? My bios is A21

Installed ML 10.8.4 on my Dell. Processor is C2D e7400, 2x2GB PC-6400 memory.

Added EFI string for network and used 1000e kext. Store works fine.

But with dsdt from first post I have

Added GeneratePStates and CStates. Latest Chimera.

Also sound in VoodooHDA has to many distortions. VoodooHDA v 2.8.4.

Can be a problem in DSDT? My bios is A21

I use this one for my dell optiplex 755 and everything works 100% no dsdt  for  me 

VoodooHDA-v2.8.2.x64.ML.pkg    :D   :thumbsup_anim:

111.jpg
210.jpg
310.jpg
410.png
510.png
  • Like 2

well done christ1111! Would you be so kind and clarify if you do NOT have the LPC error message when booting -v verbose without DSDT?

I'm also using the 2.8.2 , but via VoodooLoader/ VoodooLauncher to avoid kernel panics during boot. Never tried the 2.8.4. There are a few hardly audible background noises even w/ the 2.8.2, but not even close as bad as with older versions.

HY BugsB   :) what you whant Iam clarify ? haves no error during boot, my system boot in 5 sec  :thumbsup_anim:  B)

I send you my installer Boot usb os x Mountain Lion 10.8.4.pkg  and the pack postinstallation ok  :whistle:

gives me couple min to upload this pack  :P  :lol:

ok here  :D  ;)

• Like 1

merci beaucoup cher ami, I'll test this on the week-end. Is this based on Chris Deslau's Hackintosh Montreal & France package & instructions?

With Camilo_ML's DSDT from 1st posting I also get LPC error as stated by him (which is not supposed to matter at all) because yes, everything is working just fine :)

Trim Enabler is only necessary when using a SSD, correct?

yes exactly, trim is for the ssd enable the trim  :)   and yes  its base on Chris Deslau's Hackintosh Montreal & France  :lol:  :P 

did you Install Mavericks on that ?? I  have only Install on EXT HDD  :(  

• 2 weeks later...

If the machine sleeps for more than around a minute of time (if less, then it works fine, but a minute or more and the problem happens), upon waking it, it will function for about 30 seconds (might even be exactly 30 seconds), and then bounce! And it's a seriously hard bounce, no warnings or error screens of any sort, just BLAM! black, and then reboot of course.

Hi all,

I just updated my 755 SL (10.6.8) system to ML (10.8.4) (fresh install, not ugrade) and have everything working great except for sleep and the app store. I've always had a problem with sleep in SL where it would go into S3, but it would take a few minutes to come back after waking up. (And it would only wake using the front panel power button, not USB.)

I've used all of the DSDTs provided by the OP hoping that it would fix the problem. I had high hopes when the system woke up using USB, but I'm having the exact same problem as catalystTGJ described above. Has anyone been able to fix this problem or know where to start? Thanks.

Hardware

System: Dell Optiplex 755 MT

Motherboard: Foxconn LS-36

BIOS: A22 BIOS (also tried A16, A17, A19, A21)

Ethernet: Built in 825xx

Video: Nvidia 9400GT 1GB

Installation

MyHack v3.2 Beta 8

Chameleon Wizard v4.2.2

Chameleon v2.2 2555

/Extra

DSDT (from OP)

SMBios  iMac 9,1 (Chameleon Wizard)

org.chameleon.Boot.plist

<key>GUI</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1680x1050x32</string>

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>PciRoot</key>

<string>4</string>

<key>GenerateCStates</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>GeneratePStates</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<string>Yes</string>

Kexts (All in S/L/E)

Installed using ##### v5.4.3

1) FakeSMC v5.2.725

2) AppleIntelE1000 v2.4.14 (hnak's)

3) VooDooHDA v2.8.4

4) EvOreboot

Installed using Kext Wizard v3.7.10

5) AppleRTC (original SL version 1.3.1)

Note: The original ML version (1.5) or ##### patched version still caused CMOS reset.

Hi all,

I just updated my 755 SL (10.6.8) system to ML (10.8.4) (fresh install, not ugrade) and have everything working great except for sleep and the app store. I've always had a problem with sleep in SL where it would go into S3, but it would take a few minutes to come back after waking up. (And it would only wake using the front panel power button, not USB.)

I've used all of the DSDTs provided by the OP hoping that it would fix the problem. I had high hopes when the system woke up using USB, but I'm having the exact same problem as catalystTGJ described above. Has anyone been able to fix this problem or know where to start? Thanks.

Hardware

System: Dell Optiplex 755 MT

Motherboard: Foxconn LS-36

BIOS: A22 BIOS (also tried A16, A17, A19, A21)

Ethernet: Built in 825xx

Video: Nvidia 9400GT 1GB

Installation

MyHack v3.2 Beta 8

Chameleon Wizard v4.2.2

Chameleon v2.2 2555

/Extra

DSDT (from OP)

SMBios  iMac 9,1 (Chameleon Wizard)

org.chameleon.Boot.plist

<key>GUI</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1680x1050x32</string>

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>PciRoot</key>

<string>4</string>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>GeneratePStates</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<string>Yes</string>

Kexts (All in S/L/E)

Installed using ##### v5.4.3

1) FakeSMC v5.2.725

2) AppleIntelE1000 v2.4.14 (hnak's)

3) VooDooHDA v2.8.4

4) EvOreboot

Installed using Kext Wizard v3.7.10

5) AppleRTC (original SL version 1.3.1)

Note: The original ML version (1.5) or ##### patched version still caused CMOS reset.

apps store fixed  :D  :thumbsup_anim:  after ading the sting, just reboot and after ading the network on preferance system /  reboot again  B)

• Like 1

PciRootUID

delete one

GenerateCStates

Yes

load VooDooHDA with VooDooLoader

1) I changed PciRoot to PciRootUID as you suggested. This caused the video card to go to sleep during startup.

2) I previously had GenerateCStates in the .plist to no effect, so I removed it.

3) I just removed VooDooHDA as a quick test and there was no change.

None of these changes helped the wake from sleep problem.

apps store fixed  :D  :thumbsup_anim:  after ading the sting, just reboot and after ading the network on preferance system /  reboot again  B)

I only needed to add the text below to org.chameleon.Boot.plist to get the App store to work. Adding the EFI string resulted in no video (black screen) after booting.

<string>Yes</string>

After the change, I performed the following steps:

1) Deleted all of the interfaces in the system preferences/network pane

2) Deleted Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/Networkinterfaces.plist

3) Rebooted

4) Added the Ethernet interface back in system preferences/network

Thanks for your help!