Dell Optiplex 755 DSDT, Vanilla SpeedStep+Sleep working.

Camilo_ML

163 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

I too have a Optiplex 755. I have almost all hardware functioning in the DSDT - USB/USB2, nVidia Graphics, SBUS etc. However, I still can't get it to wake from sleep. I just get the black screen and have to hard reboot. When it reboots (after sleep only), the BIOS changes the Ethernet setting to either OFF or PXE. I assume that it is the integrated Ethernet causing the wake issue.

Is there a DSDT patch for the integrated graphics? I can't seem to find any reference to it in the DSDT.

Thanks again

Rob

PS. I tried all the DSDT's in this thread - no soup. I have Bios A19 Desktop version of the 755.

• 4 weeks later...
"Load optmized defaults" in bios setup

enable AHCI and HPET

Unfortunately, I can only enable AHCI in the BIOS and no option for HPET configuration. Everytime I use the DSDT that you've patched, I get a kernel panic. Are there any other suggestions you may have to correct this problem MaLd0n? Thanks again for all your help.

• 4 months later...

Hello. I have a Dell Optiplex 755 with ICH9. Chipset is Intel 82Q35 Express. It is running a Core 2 Duo E6550 @ 2.33 Ghz.

It has integrated Ethernet -- Intel 82566DM-2 Gigabit.

I have Chamelon 2.1 with the "EthernetBuiltin = Yes" in the org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

The LAN connection works (can access the internet) but IORegistryExplorer says "Built-In = False" and iCloud and App store do not work.

So, I installed Intel82566MM.kext -- still no luck with App store or iCloud.

In reading, I see I need to have the Ethernet in my DSDT -- but I cannot find how to do that.

I tried using a couple of the DSDT files in this thread, but I got kernel panics galore.

I would be thrilled just with the Ethernet added, but to have sleep working would be even more awesome.

Attached is my freshly extracted DSDT file. Can anyone either give me some tips, or perhaps patch it for me?

I can get most things, but the DSDT work eludes me. I would be most grateful for any help.

PS: I have FakeSMC, EvOreboot, RTC fix, VooDooHDA, AppleHDADisabler, and Intel82566MM.kext.

PPS: Before I added the Intel82566MM.kext, the System Report showed the Ethernet card as not having any kext associated with it. After installing Intel82566MM.kext, now the card shows AppleIntelE1000e.kext as its kext. ??

DSDT.dsl.zip

Update: I found a tutorial for putting the ethernet into DSDT, based on a different system and a different ethernet card. It says I need to use IOReg to find the PCI address of my ethernet device, so I can learn where to put the code. In IOReg I can find a tree showing:

PCI0@0

--|

----AppleACPIPCI

----------|

---------------Ethernet@19

-------------------|

-----------------------AppleIntelE1000e

The tutorial says there will be an "acpi-path" shown in IOReg, but I cannot see one listed for the device. I cannot find anywhere in my DSDT that resembles what I see in IOReg.

So, I booted into a Linux Live CD and ran "/sbin/lspci" and it showed the PCI address of the ethernet card as "00:19.0." So, I see a 19 again. However, I cannot find anywhere in my DSDT that resembles that 19. The tutorial says there will be an "acpi-path" shown in IOReg, but I cannot see one listed for the device.

Any help would be deeply appreciated! :-)

I have installed a Mac-compatible port of LSPCI, and run it. Below is the copy and paste of the result (Ethernet in bold). Can anyone use this info to tell me where in my DSDT file to inject my Ethernet code?

lspci:

00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation 82Q35 Express DRAM Controller (rev 02)

00:01.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82Q35 Express PCI Express Root Port (rev 02)

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 82Q35 Express Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 02)

00:02.1 Display controller: Intel Corporation 82Q35 Express Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 02)

00:03.0 Communication controller: Intel Corporation 82Q35 Express MEI Controller (rev 02)

00:03.2 IDE interface: Intel Corporation 82Q35 Express PT IDER Controller (rev 02)

00:03.3 Serial controller: Intel Corporation 82Q35 Express Serial KT Controller (rev 02)

00:19.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82566DM-2 Gigabit Network Connection (rev 02)

00:1a.0 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #4 (rev 02)

00:1a.1 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #5 (rev 02)

00:1a.7 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB2 EHCI Controller #2 (rev 02)

00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) HD Audio Controller (rev 02)

00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) PCI Express Port 1 (rev 02)

00:1d.0 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #1 (rev 02)

00:1d.1 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #2 (rev 02)

00:1d.2 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #3 (rev 02)

00:1d.7 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB2 EHCI Controller #1 (rev 02)

00:1e.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801 PCI Bridge (rev 92)

00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation 82801IO (ICH9DO) LPC Interface Controller (rev 02)

00:1f.2 SATA controller: Intel Corporation 82801IR/IO/IH (ICH9R/DO/DH) 6 port SATA AHCI Controller (rev 02)

00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) SMBus Controller (rev 02)

If there is anything else I need to attach, please let me know.

at (GBE) aka Gigabit ethernet under _ADR 0x019000 (aka 19.0) add the patch

LatinMcG:

Thanks for the guidance! However, when I searched my DSDT for the terms GBE and 0x019000, neither one was found. I used an app called DSDT Editor v. 0.6 to extract the DSDT. I am beginning to wonder how mine could be so far off from every tutorial I have read and an every bit of advice I could find or get.

My DSDT is attached, above. Am I missing something? Thanks again.

it was missing in dsdt

checkout http://www.insanelym...pic=274409&st=0

i need ioregistry explorer output to find the location for card.

try this dsdt, i added it.

Thanks, LatinMcG!

I will output the IOReg and upload it. I tried the DSDT file you sent, but it made the system unable to find the root device. I tried switching BIOS settings from AHCI to ATA and neither one worked. So, I will try to pull the harddrive and edit it on another system to delete the DSDT. If I can do that, I will be able to boot and upload the IOReg. I really appreciate your help!!! Thank you again!

boot with -v DSDT=none might have to fix the device id of sata.. AHCI orange icon fix in dsdt editor patches

can u show me lspci -n

i have a 755 downstairs that needs repairs possibly mobo or memory (blinking amber power light)

if i get it to run ill test osx on it.

LatinMcG:

Above (earlier post) you wrote "_ADR 0x019000"

In the DSDT you sent, it says, "_ADR 0x00190000"

Does that difference matter?

Before I saw the tip from you (DSDT=none), I used a terminal in setup to edit the Hard Disk and removed the DSDT from there. Got back into the unit. Thanks for the tip though. Good to know.

Back in Post #8, MaLd0n mentioned two things (below). Could they help me?:

Legacy AHCI

AHCIPortInjector.kext.zip 1.21K 26 downloads

Orange icons

IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext.zip 6.57K 21 downloads

Attached is my IOReg file from this unit.

Here is "lspci -n" ... (I pasted lspci above, several posts back):

lspci -n

00:00.0 0600: 8086:29b0 (rev 02)

00:01.0 0604: 8086:29b1 (rev 02)

00:02.0 0300: 8086:29b2 (rev 02)

00:02.1 0380: 8086:29b3 (rev 02)

00:03.0 0780: 8086:29b4 (rev 02)

00:03.2 0101: 8086:29b6 (rev 02)

00:03.3 0700: 8086:29b7 (rev 02)

00:19.0 0200: 8086:10bd (rev 02)

00:1a.0 0c03: 8086:2937 (rev 02)

00:1a.1 0c03: 8086:2938 (rev 02)

00:1a.7 0c03: 8086:293c (rev 02)

00:1b.0 0403: 8086:293e (rev 02)

00:1c.0 0604: 8086:2940 (rev 02)

00:1d.0 0c03: 8086:2934 (rev 02)

00:1d.1 0c03: 8086:2935 (rev 02)

00:1d.2 0c03: 8086:2936 (rev 02)

00:1d.7 0c03: 8086:293a (rev 02)

00:1e.0 0604: 8086:244e (rev 92)

00:1f.0 0601: 8086:2914 (rev 02)

00:1f.2 0106: 8086:2922 (rev 02)

00:1f.3 0c05: 8086:2930 (rev 02)

Dell-Optiplex-755-Doug-Joseph.ioreg.zip

just apply ahci orange icon fix. that will get sata going u have 2922 sata id . u need 2681 = ESB2 ahci orange icon fix

(some say this has caused data loss.. i havent experienced such issue ever)

the missing 0019. was my typo. i added it from another optiplex with same address and should work.

LatinMcG:

Thanks.

I am currently understanding that it is supposed to 0019 instead of 019.

Can you point me to the "ahci orange icon fix" for DSDT? I have searched for it, but seem unable to locate it. I found a lot of discussion about it, but the specific fix eludes me.

Thanks LatinMcG!

I finally found it. I had looked in that folder of patches before, but somehow had missed it.

Here is my list of KEXTs and the list of DSDT patches I applied.

Do any of these KEXTs now need removed? Were any of the patches bad for me to apply? Did I miss any that should have been applied?

KEXTs: I have FakeSMC, EvOreboot, RTC fix, VooDooHDA, AppleHDADisabler, and Intel82566MM.kext.

PATCHES I applied:

1. DTGP

2. AHCI SATA orange icon

3. EHCI ownership

4. EHCI sleep

5. ICH9 USB sleep

Thanks again!

When I compiled the above, I got two errors:

Line 4213 - Object does not exist - \SB.PCI0.EHC1.HCBO

Line 4214 - Object does not exist - \SB.PCI0.EHC1.HCOO

I remarked out those two lines, and saved and compiled, and I am trying it out to see what happens. :-)

LPC ICH9 or 10

RTC (so u dont need the RTC fix)

New Hpet

HID to CID (power button hack)

Remove HCI ownership from list.

HCI Sleep (i need to check your D7and A7 EHCI entries if not missing.)

post dsdt in zip

and ioregistry explorer dump

ill post the EHCI Optiplex patch.txt i got for these.

Well, I'm back now. That caused the root device to be unavailable. So, now I am trying again with smaller steps.

This time:

PATCHES I applied:

1. DTGP

2. AHCI SATA orange icon

Rebooting again now. Report back soon.

PS: I wrote the above before I saw your reply. I will try the steps you outlined. Thanks again!

Here is my second try "REDUX"

PATCHES I applied:

1. DTGP

2. AHCI SATA orange icon

3. EHCI sleep

4. ICH9 USB sleep

5. LPC (I don't know if the patch was for 9 or 10. I am on ICH9. I got no errors on compiling.)

6. RTC (Note to self: remove the "RTC fix" kext)

7. New HPET

I removed "EHCI ownership" from the list, as you instructed.

I cannot find a patch for "HID to CID (power button hack)" -- Can you give me any guidance on that?

I will attach the and ioregistry explorer dump and the DSDT in zip format. (You mentioned checking my D7and A7 EHCI entries if not missing. Thanks!)

What is the EHCI Optiplex patch you mentioned about posting? Do I need to wait for it before rebooting?

Re: the zip of the files:

I tried twice to upload. I keep getting server error. Will find another way.

Thanks again, LatinMcG!

I downloaded from here:

Download: (last updated on 29/Sep/2011)

Mac OS: zip.gif DSDTEditor_Mac.zip 1.04MB 10438 downloads

Third try. Until now, I was apparently using either an old or incomplete set of patches. I am now using the set that has a folder called "Desktop"

PATCHES I applied:

1. DTGP - from "Desktop" folder

2. AHCI SATA orange icon - from main folder

3. EHCI sleep - from main folder

4. EHCI - from "Desktop" folder -- ## this is perhaps something you have a better version of?

5. ICH9 USB sleep - from "Desktop" folder

6. LPC ICH9 - from "Desktop" folder

7. RTC - from "Desktop" folder

8. New HPET - from main folder

9. SBUS - from "Desktop" folder -- ## Note: when I did this, I got two errors: name already exists in scope BUS0, and in _ADR.

10. HID to CID - from "Desktop" folder.

Question: Is ElliotLegacyRTC the right kext to delete?

Note: re: the SBUS error: I found two copies of the same code right next to each other, and removed the second one. No errors now.

I am trying here to attach the files. Looks like it worked this time.

When you glance at them, would you see if the attached o.c.b.plist needs any changes? I am fuzzy on what overlap there can be on stuff like sleep states, etc.

Attached contains IOReg dump, AML, DSL, and o.c.b.plist.

Dell-755-ICH9.zip

k il look at it. and post later tonight.(i have to go out onsite)

the new hpet use from main patches folder.. the stil waiting for root might be the Device (PCI0) has _UID, 0x04 change to 0x00

or u need to set raid on bios for ahci to work. ( if u dump dsdt with raid off it might be an issue.. not sure %100)

SBUS not sure why. maybe u allready had it patched

EDIT: i see in ioreg its loaded sata as 2922 not 2681 or 27c0 that are compatible

and the PCI0 _UID is 0x04 .. yep ioreg is with no dsdt

EHCI is not missing.

i have to revise dsdt for extra junk.. disable lpt and com ports..

also if u booting with no dsdt.. u might need to leave raid off so it lets ide mode boot sata. then when u have dsdt with sata device id 2681 or 27c0 it needs raid

OK, I am trying to follow.

Yes, the IOReg dump was made while booting without DSDT. At that time the BIOS was set to "Raid, if not available use AHCI"...

Do you need me to do anything else to provide more info?

You mentioned that "EHCI is not missing."

I left a patch called "EHCI ownership" per your instruction. I added a patch called simply EHCI. Should I have left that one out?

nah all fine. set hibernatemode to 0 in terminal

sudo pmset hibernatemode 0

uncheck use secure virtual mem in security section of preferences.

remove hdadisabler as u have no HDEF in dsdt

dont use intelcpumpmdisabler if u are. rm0ve and use GeneratePStates GenerateCStates in chameleon wizard.

Thanks again.

I made the above changes, except:

I searched in the "Security & Privacy" section of preferences, but I could not find any option for Secure Virtual Memory.

Added later: I found an article here that says in OS X Lion, Secure Virtual Memory is always on.

I also found this page, which tells how to disable it via terminal. So, I will do that!

Re: the issue of 'waiting for root device'

On line #645 I found Device (PCI0)

On line #1016 I found Name (_UID, 0x07)

I changed it to Name (_UID, 0x00)

Not sure if that is right, but worth a try.

After the try:

Well, that one also caused the "waiting for root device" issue. So I changed it back.

Additional note:

I noticed today that the main folder has a patch named "SBUS" while the Desktop folder has one named "SMBUS"...

I had not noticed the difference until today. I then applied the SBUS from the main folder. No errors.