Getting iChat Theater to work

hirshkis

13 posts in this topic

If you "invoke" iChat from within Quicktime, iChat offers additional options ... apparently including iChat Theater (see post and example jpeg submitted by "grabberslasher" which shows the movie "Incredibles" playing on the right, while also chatting [headshot] using a visual effect appears at bottom left). If others have had success with iChat, would you please post the steps that you took to get iChat Theater running? I have only been able to invoke" iChat via Quicktime, which then makes additional choices within iChat regarding Visual Effects available (although I could not actually get any effects ro show) but no menu items regarding iChat Theater. Perhaps, it's because I am using a G4 (867 MHz Quicksilver). Can anyone confirm using iChat Theater on a G4? Or is the requirement a G5 or Intel Mac. Can anyone provide some input and the steps to follow? Thanks.

Within Quicktime, there's a menu item that allows you to "share" with iChat. Am not on the machine right now to check the actual wording, but look tyhrough the Quicktime menuitems. See also post in this form by grabberslasher.

i am in a macbookpro and i got the movie sharing option in quick time to work perfectly by broadcasting to a ppc machine with Leopard and a ppc machine with Tiger.

I havent tested the oposite unfortunatly but i can almost certainly gurantee the backdrops features are not included in this version of ichat...