Input Remapper 0.9.18 Beta

Beliyaal

20 posts in this topic

Input Remapper 0.9.18 Beta has been released!

2006-08-21 - Version 0.9.18 Beta

* Note: If you are updating you need to run the config wizard to gain new functionality.

* Added: Keyboard backlight support on MacBook Pro. Bound to fn+F8, fn+F9 and fn+F10.

* Fixed: Rewrote MacBook Pro screen backlight support to work around crash in Apple drivers when changing backlight. This also gives more steps for the screen backlight.

* Fixed: Added default bind for Play and Stop to fn+F11 and fn+F12.

* Fixed: Added Insert option for Eject button in MacBook config.

* Fixed: The launcher InputRemapper.exe now quits for tray icon.

* Fixed: Fast user switching fixed by allowing only one Tray Icon.

* Fixed: Numlock light works correctly.

Keys bound on MacBook Pro

* The default keypad like in OSX. This includes num-lock functionality

* fn+Left Click = Right Click

* fn+Backspace = Delete

* fn+Eject = PrintScreen

* fn+F1 = Decrease Brightness

* fn+F2 = Increase Brightness

* fn+F3 = Toggle Mute

* fn+F4 = Decrease Volume

* fn+F5 = Increase Volume

* fn+F6 = Toggle Num-Lock

* fn+F8 = Toggle Keyboard Backlight

* fn+F9 = Decrease Keyboard Backlight

* fn+F10 = Increase Keyboard Backlight

* fn+F11 = Media Play

* fn+F12 = Media Stop

* fn+Up = Page Up

* fn+Down = Page Down

* fn+Left = Home

* fn+Right = End

* fn+Ctrl+Alt+Backspace = Ctrl+Alt+Delete

* Eject = Eject all optical discs

* Enter = Right Click

Any questions, requests, or bug reports should be made in this thread. Thanks!

InputRemapper_0_9_18_Beta.exe

none of these is working:

lcd brightness

volume control

keyboard backlight

im using winxpsp2 german

Sounds like the fn-key isn't working. If you have BootCamp 1.1 try disabling it with the taskbar icon.

MacBook or MacBook Pro? Also if you are updating you need to rerun the wizard from the taskbar icon. I'm assuming that you have rebooted since you installed the new version.

If that doesn't work try removing the BootCamp drivers:

The apple keyboard drivers interferes in many ways with Input Remapper. It seems to work when you disable the Apple keyboard with the Apple keyboard icon in the taskbar. The trouble above with remapping fn to other things than fn has to do with this.

The uninstaller in Add/Remove Programs isn't working for the Appel Keyboard Support. To get the old functionality back without needing to disable the apple keyboard utility every start (and the only way for remapping to work before login):

* Go into Computer Management->Device Manager. Under Human Interface Devices, rightclick (or in the menu Action->Update Driver) the two Apple Keyboard Support and choose Update Driver. Now choose "No not this time". On the next screen choose "Install the software automatically".

* Open Task Manager and kill the KbdMgr.exe Process under the processes tab

* Delete "C:\Program Files\Appel Keyboard Support" folder

* Reboot

Now everything should be working.

Edited by Beliyaal

i've got a macbook pro. neither uninstalling the keyboard driver of bootcamp 1.1 nor uninstall and reinstall of inputremapper worked...

the fn key is working, just in a strange way. my last post edit:

turn off volume is the combination "fn+f1+f3" & decrease volume "fn+f1+f4"

i've got a macbook pro. neither uninstalling the keyboard driver of bootcamp 1.1 nor uninstall and reinstall of inputremapper worked...

the fn key is working, just in a strange way. my last post edit:

turn off volume is the combination "fn+f1+f3" & decrease volume "fn+f1+f4"

What I'm seeing is this with apple keyboard drivers enabled.

Press fn+f3 enable/disable volume

Press fn+f4 decrease volume ONE step. If you are used to input remapper you might hold this button down, but this does not work with apple drivers.

Press fn+f5 increase volmue ONE step. The same as above.

Press fn+f1+f4. Hold F4 and you will get input remapper reapeted volume decrease

Press fn+f1+f5. Hold F5 and the brightness will be decreased.

If I disable apple keyboard drivers (click apple taskbar icon (white key with an A on) and choose disable) everything works.

I think that you somehow still have the Apple drivers installed. To fix you need to Uninstall the two devices in device manager as specified above. I'm looking into automatically disabling Apple drivers when Input Remapper is installed.

Edit: I have updated the uninstall instructions above so they are simpler and works more reliably.

Edited by Beliyaal

Everything work fine, except for the mapping of the right apple key. Using WinXPSP2 German and a German MacBookPro keyboard, I cannot map this key to AltGr.

This seems to be working for me. Have you set the correct remapping for Right Apple in the config wizard? It should be AltGr by default if you have pressed the correct key at the beginning of the wizard (the key to the left of 'Z'). Also make sure you have the correct keyboard layout set in Windows.

Can anyone help me. I am trying to get F7 (switching to another monitor or projector). Any suggestions?

I don't have an external monitor connected right now to try it out but I think it should work if you have a MacBook Pro (ATI drivers).

* Click the taskbar icon and choose configure.

* Right click on Remappings->MacBook Pro->20: Function Key

* Choose 'Create new key binding' in the popup menu

* Press fn+F7 and release

* Press OK button in the dialog

* Press in succession (release between every key). Ctrl, Alt, Shift, D, D

* Close the config dialog.

Now it should work.

If it doesn't work try:

* Right click on Remappings->MacBook Pro->20: Function Key->Menu(1) + F7(2)

* Choose 'Record key sequence 0' in the popup menu

* Press in succession (release between every key). Ctrl, Alt, Shift, S, S

I've reconfigured Input Remapper. MacBook Pro->40: Normal->RWin (RAlt) which should be AltGr I guess. Used input device is 'MacBook Pro Keyboard'. Keyboard layout is 'German (Apple)'. Still there is no AltGr, which was working with BootCamp 1.0 and Input Remapper 0.9.17. Now, I'm on BootCamp 1.1. Any help is highly appreciated.

This seems to be working for me. Have you set the correct remapping for Right Apple in the config wizard? It should be AltGr by default if you have pressed the correct key at the beginning of the wizard (the key to the left of 'Z'). Also make sure you have the correct keyboard layout set in Windows.

I don't have an external monitor connected right now to try it out but I think it should work if you have a MacBook Pro (ATI drivers).

* Click the taskbar icon and choose configure.

* Right click on Remappings->MacBook Pro->20: Function Key

* Choose 'Create new key binding' in the popup menu

* Press fn+F7 and release

* Press OK button in the dialog

* Press in succession (release between every key). Ctrl, Alt, Shift, D, D

Now it should work.

If it doesn't work try:

* Right click on Remappings->MacBook Pro->20: Function Key->Menu(1) + F7(2)

* Choose 'Record key sequence 0' in the popup menu

* Press in succession (release between every key). Ctrl, Alt, Shift, S, S

Thanks for the suggestion but unfortunately it did not work. BTW, on both suggestions, was only able to ket one D or One S - would not take both. Any other suggestion will be gratefully accepted.

hi,

i installed the version 0.9.18 beta. i use windows xp sp2 on a macbook pro. bootcamp is 1.1.

its great, all function keys now working. but i have to press fn+f8 fn+f9 fn+f10 for the keyboard backlight and for all other control keys i had to press

fn + alt + functionkey. is this correct? why do they not work without the alt-key like keyboard backlight?

greetings

xtwig

With great help from 'wodka' I could resolve the issue, finally. Cause was the 'German (Apple)' keyboard layout that had been installed with BootCamp 1.1. By choosing the standard layout of a german keyboard in the system preferences panel the right apple key can be used again. :(

Thanks for the suggestion but unfortunately it did not work. BTW, on both suggestions, was only able to ket one D or One S - would not take both. Any other suggestion will be gratefully accepted.

I tried to get this to work myself, it doesn't seem to work with the ATI drivers shortcut. I also unable to configure this manually with the ATI drivers, so I don't think there is a way to do this at the moment.

Is there a way to map the Pause key?

No, it seems that Input Remapper even stops the pause key from working on external keyboards. After I have fixed this bug it should be possible.

hi,

i installed the version 0.9.18 beta. i use windows xp sp2 on a macbook pro. bootcamp is 1.1.

its great, all function keys now working. but i have to press fn+f8 fn+f9 fn+f10 for the keyboard backlight and for all other control keys i had to press

fn + alt + functionkey. is this correct? why do they not work without the alt-key like keyboard backlight?

greetings

xtwig

This is probably because of interference from BootCamp 1.1 drivers, see above for instructions for how to remove them.

No, it seems that Input Remapper even stops the pause key from working on external keyboards. After I have fixed this bug it should be possible.

Ah, really? I attached an external keyboard (USB) yesterday and was able to use the Pause key without problems...

Ah, really? I attached an external keyboard (USB) yesterday and was able to use the Pause key without problems...

At least it isn't working the same way. If I press Pause with Input Remapper enabled the numlock light changes, without Input Remapper it stays the same. If you have an external keyboard attached, just follow the binding instructions for changing the display above, but press Pause/Break on the external keyboard instead of ctrl+alt+shift+d.