Mobility Radeon HD 4650:Full Resolution with QE & CI working on Internal LVDS screen

mucha

696 posts in this topic

Try fixing your permissions..

It looks like the script is having trouble accessing the files..

Use Kext Utility to do that, just run it and it will automatically fix permissions then you need to restart.

http://www.mediafire...0j0c1gbsc2xhqma

ALSO!!!

You need to type "perl ati-personalities.pl" not "./ati-personalities.pl"

It's a Perl script and therefore needs to be executed with Perl!!!

I always install kexts with kext utility so that souldn't be the problem, that is what I was told to type by kizwan. I was able to get the correct info earlier with a different ATIFramebuffer.kext download doing it kizwans way. But I tried it yourway as well and got the same results. I have the offsets and other info. My problem is that I can not find the offset in the frame buffer kext. As I stated in post 597. Sorry if any of this sounds rude, I'm getting frustrated. Thank you for your help. I appreciate anyone who has helped me I know you don't have to.

ALSO!!!

You need to type "perl ati-personalities.pl" not "./ati-personalities.pl"

It's a Perl script and therefore needs to be executed with Perl!!!

Not necessarily. I can run with "./ati-personalities.pl" just fine. Terminal will detect it is Perl script & will use Perl executable to excute it.

post-125711-0-02524900-1329639168_thumb.png

This is what i got. and i am in 32bit mode.

It is likely you didn't install ATI4600Controller.kext correctly which explain why lipo unable to find the file. Please confirm the file is exist using this simple command:-

ls -al /System/Library/Extensions/ATI4600Controller.kext/Contents/MacOS/

post-125711-0-12238800-1329640017_thumb.png

@kizwan: your right it is not installing correctly. I had to use a different ATI4600Controller.kext after I added my id. So let me try this again. Can that command be modified to check any kext?

What I'm wondering is why the Framebuffer kext does not seem to have the offsets I need. Even when I try the ones from cOke I can't find them. They are the same ones I got when I ran the Perl script. It seems strange.

Yes, you can modified the command if you want to check any kexts. The "ls" command is to list directory contents. Remember, the directory & file name are case sensitive. You can use tab button to list available files or folders if you don't remember the full name, like this:-

kizwans-imac:- kizwan$ ls -al /System/Lib

press Tab button, it will automatically show like this:-

kizwans-imac:- kizwan$ ls -al /System/Library/

Another example:-

kizwans-imac:- kizwan$ ls -al /System/Library/Extensions/ATI

when you pressed Tab button one time, it doesn't do anything. If this is the case, pressed Tab button two times, it will show like this (just an example):-

kizwans-imac:- kizwan$ ls -al /System/Library/Extensions/ATI
ATI4600Controller.kext            ATI5000Controller.kext            ATIRadeonX2000.kext

It will show all files & folders that start with "ATI".

Remember, the perl script print out offset in decimal. You need to convert it to hexadecimal.

What do you mean "offset still not there"? In the picture, you already found the Peregrine personality in ATIFramebuffer file. In 0xED, I see you already go to offset 0x10F60. Do you know how to use HEX editor? Do you know how to edit binary file using HEX editor? Do you know what to look for & what you need to edit?

From what I understand when I enter the offset in OxED it should take me to that offset correct? Its not even there, I have 10F5F and 10F7E but no 10F60. Unfortunately I don't know how to use the hex editors but It seems like I should just type in what I'm looking for and if it is there it should take me too it.

Wait I think I may have it. Give me a minute.

I finally figured it out and modded the ATIFramebuffer.kext but its not loading all of them. kextstat.rtf

I'm also doing GraphicsEnabler=YES and am using the boot file provided by cOke and these:

Chameleon_2.1svn_r1618_trunk_Peregrine_NB.pkg

ATI4600Controller.kext

ATIRadeonX2000.kext

ATIRadeonX2000GA.plugin

ATIRadeonX2000GLDriver.bundle

ATIRadeonX2000VADriver.bundle

ATISupport.kext

I have been experimenting and it seems to be that the HotplugID has more to say than just a number...

Whenever I had my LVDS hotplug set to 00 the VGA display works fine but only 1 display is detected...

However when I put 1E into the hotplug ID it automatically detects 2, however it gets the VGA and a rogue display confused...

I guess it's the LVDS connecting slightly, however there is still black on the LVDS...

This shows that the HotplugID actually plays more of a role than what seems to have been said...

Well if you get it on the App Store then you can create a USB drive with the installer.

Look at Mald0n's USB guide it tells you how to do it, you need a 4GB+ USB Drive.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=256729

Lion is a lot easier for getting Mobility Radeon Cards to works as the drivers are already installed into the system.

However the personalities are in the driver files themselves rather than in ATIFramebuffer.kext.

Check your system is compatible first, if you're running SL then it should be..

Why aren't you on 10.6.8??

Every time I install the 10.6.8 update it won't boot. It just freezes at the apple logo no spinning wheel or anything. I read it is a real pain to get everything on my system to work properly. So I've stayed with 10.6 7. I think I have to be on 10.6.8 to upgrade to lion don't I.