Photoshop CS -uh oh !

pandy

10 posts in this topic

System specs are..

Deadmoos image (curtis)

asrock p4 dual 915 board

512mb ram

When I install photoshop and attempt to run it (this is CS btw) it says "you do not have enough memory (RAM)"

However, Imageready works fine.

Am I to assume it means the video ram because I have loads of ram but only 7mb shows up for the VGA?

Anyone know a fix?

It is definitely not thinking about video RAM. As your board uses onboard RAM whenever it needs it so the 7MB is irrelevant.

Most likely you never edited the deadmoo. I am not going to say how, but searching for sse3 and deadmoo is probably a start.

It is definitely not thinking about video RAM.  As your board uses onboard RAM whenever it needs it so the 7MB is irrelevant.

Most likely you never edited the deadmoo.  I am not going to say how, but searching for sse3 and deadmoo is probably a start.

hi cyrana..

If you mean did I re-enable sse3 then yes, I did.

I have a celeron D so I had to ;)

I have itunes working perfectly, just this damn ram thing on CS.

Ill take a look about though, thanks :)

can't offer much help except that i have identical speced m/b and ram and a cel D and my photoshop cs2 runs fine, albeit slow. what with the damned lack of memory on this computer....

2GB is on the way!

If you are running the asrock then make sure you have undone all of deadmoos mods..

This basically includes..

Replacing the core graphics file with the original

Ridding yourself of the wretched tpm checker and deleting the 830.kext file so that you enable QE and OGL.

The last hack I did was the 830.kext removal and since then I can now run chess without a kernel panic..

I cannot, however, run pscs as it is still giving me the memory nag.

That includes ps7 too which I have also tried with no luck :(