Graphics card for a 100% compatible Hack Pro

siriuxs

14 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

I am using Geforce GTX285 and just worked out of the box!

Just needed GraphicEnabler = Yes in apple.boot.plist. QE/CI works flawlessly and never have any issues. CUDA, OpenGL, OpenCL and Adobe MPE works flawlessly. Any games played at the maximum resolution and quality setting at all times.

Installing combo update never had any problem regarding display.

There is no need to add for EFI string and GraphicEnabler.kext or it'll confuse the proper detection.

• 3 weeks later...

Just needed GraphicEnabler = Yes in apple.boot.plist. QE/CI works flawlessly and never have any issues. CUDA, OpenGL, OpenCL and Adobe MPE works flawlessly. Any games played at the maximum resolution and quality setting at all times.

There is no need to add for EFI string and GraphicEnabler.kext or it'll confuse the proper detection.

Which version of the GTX 285 are you using? I think I may buy a pair of them.

Would be interested too. I have a 1GB 8800GT at the moment which is fine for anything Mac, but Win64 gaming is ofcourse pretty crappy!

a GTX285 would be something i'm interested in, if it's definitely supported as easily as just graphicsenabler=y.

Are there any sync issues as others have explained in the GTX 460 series? :rolleyes:

link card?

o this card ok in mac

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/se...03ORDER-_-Deals

Are there any sync issues as others have explained in the GTX 460 series? :D

There are no vsync issues with the GTX 460 in 10.6.6 with the latest nvidia drivers, "only" random freezes and kernel panics. CUDA works now but OpenCL does not work.

So far the most reliable fix (for the freezes at least) is to leave VLC running hidden in the background, looping a video.

OpenGL Extensions Viewer and Cinebench scores for the GTX 460 are nearly the same as my old 9800GTX+ (device ID 0x0612) which worked flawlessly - rotation, dual displays and even analog TV out worked.

Hi guys,

I'm interested in full QI/CE, dual screen, DVI/VGA video card support for hackintosh. Is there any proved suggestions?

I currently have a 9500GT, and works perfectly. But it's quite old and want to upgrade. I need the upgrade to keep all these features intact.

Best,

Edu