[How To] Detailed guide to installing Mac OS X x86

Xeijin

84 posts in this topic

• 4 months later...

Hey guys, wanted to let you all know that this walk thru was the best i have ever had, aside from just a few boot config problems i was able to make it work with little hand holding, infact it was so easy, Mac OS X felt like it was built for it..lol..here is my system

AMD 64bit 2ghtz

1gig of DDR ram, only.lol

128meg nvida buit-in video stealing 128megs from the system

40g maxtor with WinXP pro SP2 as the main OS

40g something-or-other that i installed Mac on

Logitec wireless keyboard with PS2 wireless mouse, (yea, i know right)

its crazy but everything works great! it flys! faster than windows, (well duh right)

im goign to try and get a video of the install of leopard on it tonight.hehe...and how fast the boot switching is..its CRAZY! thanks for all the walk thru questions.

EDIT: also built in either net works great, EVERYTHING works....USB ports, all other hard drives and cd and DVD roms..infact i might just become a swticher and just have an afair wtih my Windows OS...lol

HI! First of all thanks for the guide.

Now to my problem. I did everything just like you said, but when I try to boot from the DVD I get this: System config file '/com.apple.Boot.plist' not found. I have a good DVD from Jas. My computer specifications are:

-Asus EN8600GTS silent/HTDP 265MB PCle

-Intel dual core E6750

-2G of ddr2 ram

-Asus P5KC motherboard

-hard disk SATA II 500G

Please help!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey man i have a question:

-The installation was flawless i was able to install without a problem but after restarting vmware and choosing to boot from the disk the screen just stays dark and nothing happens. I was wondering if your guide makes it so that you can boot to os x when starting the actual computer or if its just booting from vmware in which case something is wrong. thanks for the help

• 8 months later...
Hi Experts,

Hi Enjoyed following this guide and learned a little on the way too... But i still have problems though.

I wanna run the "JaS Mac OS X 10.4.8" on my pc via VMware and i don't know what i'm doing wrong?

I have a Dell Latitude D810 running Windows XP with the newest version of VMware

I Couldn't follow the instruction 100% "Preparing the Hard Drive for OS X" as i'm using a USB External Hard drive

I'm running out of diskspace on my laptop so i use my external hard drive to mount the ISO file on one partition where i got a bunch of other stuff and then on a second partition on the external hard drive i made a 16 GB paritition for MAC installation.

So when i start up my Virtual Machine it boots up and i see the Blue Setup screen. I choose language and when i click next after 10 seconds i get this error:

Because of a problem, installing Mac OS X Could not be completed

The error log is huge and doesn't really make much sense :P

I have followed all the steps i don't get why its not working... please help

Hello Daniel,

I see your post is quite old (year and a half ago). I am wondering if you are still running the Dell D810 with the MAC OS 10.4.8, better yet, were you able to get it running? I installed the JaS 10.4.6 and through various readings was able to get my integrated nic, sound, video, battery indicator all working.

I am in the beginning stages and wonder if you were able to get the updates to work. Should I run the Apple update? It seems that I tried that earlier and it crashed my pc.

Regards,

ROCKET1054

Dell Lattitude D810

1.8 GHz SSE2

1.25 GB Ram

165 GB HDD

• 2 weeks later...

i have a acer aspire 3002 laptop. (amd sempron 2800+, 756 mb ram, 40 gb hdd). tried installing max os x ( iAtkos_2.0i_BS_Release , Kalyway_10.5.2_DVD_Intel_Amd, VMware OS X 10.4.7) however none seems to have worked. i am trying through vmware as i dont have access toa dvd burner.

with the iAktos image, i get this erroe when i go to verbose mode.

kernel version:

darwin kernel version 9..10: sat nov 17 02:56:34 sct 207' made by ToH"xnu-128.0.2~1/build/obj/release_i386

the comp remains stuck there and nothing more seems to be happening. can u pls help. thanks

• 9 months later...

Great job on the tutorial. I was finally able to load OS X , but not using seperate hard drive. For some reason VMWare will not recognize my drives no matter how they are configured. Something about permissions and such rubbish. I set admin permissions in Vista and XP to allow full access to both drives, but still no access using a clean partition; however I was successful in installing the OS with VMWare on my main drive creating a virtual partition. Now the only problem is I need to know if I can use my existing internet connection by sharing it with VMWare? The reason I ask is because my onboard NIC is not supported, thus rendering Safari useless.

Thanks,