does MAC OS X support any ide card ?

whoneed

12 posts in this topic

I have an silcon image 0680 raid card / ide card .

I couldn't find any information about this forum.

Anyone tried?

thanks a lot.

Not with an silicon image controller. I tried it with an nvidia4 onboad sata-raid, but this wasn't working. Unfortunately I am not able to tell the nvidia-controller to work as in an ide-mode which is possible for many intel-sata-raid-controllers.

CU

scatman

Scatman, can you please clarify? Are you saying that an onboard sata controller with silicon image chip did not work?

The original post and I have an ide si card, not sata, and it's pci, not onboard. Does anyone have confirmation of this working or not? I still have a few days until i have os x to try for myself.

• 4 weeks later...
Scatman, can you please clarify? Are you saying that an onboard sata controller with silicon image chip did not work?

The original post and I have an ide si card, not sata, and it's pci, not onboard. Does anyone have confirmation of this working or not? I still have a few days until i have os x to try for myself.

I also have a Silicon Image 0680 PCI card and the big problem is that OS X don't see it.

I can boot Xp, even Ubuntu Linux, but NO OS X!!!

:thumbsdown_anim:

HIGHPOINT TECHNOLOGY has some PCIE and PCI SATA raid controller that are suppose to be Mac compatible. I haven't try it myself, so can't say for certain, but it's worth a shot. I will try to get one tomorrow and see how it goes. :thumbsdown_anim:

• 3 months later...
I have an silcon image 0680 raid card / ide card .

I couldn't find any information about this forum.

Anyone tried?

thanks a lot.

You can visit the Sillicon Image site and see which ones have drivers for Mac OS.

I doubt that third party IDE cards could have drivers, but some SATA cards does.

The SATA PCI card with Silicon Image support has a link in the Misc link in my signature. Go to the SATA section.

Don't know of any PATA PCI cards with support.

BTW, both SATA and PATA are technically IDE. That is why the PATA (Parallel ATA) acronym was born.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...